Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2012 Lackawanna City Council Agendas/Business

The mayor should hire and fire whenever he wants..HE IS THE MAYOR!!!!! Some people need to show a little more respect because the PEOPLE did elect him..I feel his lawsuit was a matter of principal and not because some people think otherwise..If the council cut everyones pay that the mayor hired how do you think he is suppost to run this city..Does anyone realize the council reinstated the pay of the guy who signs their checks and pays the bills..If people have a problem with the people he hires we have a thing called elections..from what i am reading it seems to me that people are mad the mayor hired a law firm to sue the council..but why isnt anyone one taking about the 15k the council has voted on the hire a lawyer..so the mayor was just looking to reinstate an additional 20k salary for a department head and the council spends 15k to that to fight a lawsuit and it will end up costing the council more than the 15k by the time its all done...it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what the council should have done to save the tax payers money..To me its looks like the council has more of a personal agenda than whats in the best interest of the tax payers.An no i do not know the mayor or the council!!!! I just want all our elected officials to get along an move this city forward..

Quote Originally Posted by BillClinton View Post
    The mayor should hire and fire whenever he wants..HE IS THE MAYOR!!!!! Some people need to show a little more respect because the PEOPLE did elect him..I feel his lawsuit was a matter of principal and not because some people think otherwise..If the council cut everyones pay that the mayor hired how do you think he is suppost to run this city..Does anyone realize the council reinstated the pay of the guy who signs their checks and pays the bills..If people have a problem with the people he hires we have a thing called elections..from what i am reading it seems to me that people are mad the mayor hired a law firm to sue the council..but why isnt anyone one taking about the 15k the council has voted on the hire a lawyer..so the mayor was just looking to reinstate an additional 20k salary for a department head and the council spends 15k to that to fight a lawsuit and it will end up costing the council more than the 15k by the time its all done...it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what the council should have done to save the tax payers money..To me its looks like the council has more of a personal agenda than whats in the best interest of the tax payers.An no i do not know the mayor or the council!!!! I just want all our elected officials to get along an move this city forward..
    The mayor can hire and fire whenever he wants, over the positions he controls. Our system of government is based on checks and balances. You are correct, the mayor was elected. And so was the council. Interesting that 5 councilmen (and women) can agree on things, and the mayor and the council can't - who's the problem?

As far as the attorneys, we the taxpayers get screwed. But once the mayor took the step of hiring an attorney, he left the council no choice. They have to be represented. If you feel the mayor's lawsuit was a matter of principal, why couldn't the council defending itself be a matter of principal.

I feel I have spent way too much time on this because I really think both sides need to get together, but this notion that the mayor is all powerful is wrong and against our system of government. You need the branches of government to check each other to ensure the other doesn't run amok.

If you want to move this city forward stop hiring family and friends and actually hire someone who respects citizens of this city. That would be a great start but good luck with that.... Maybe if the mayor didn't hire his father -in -law as city attorney the council wouldn't have to hire the lawyer in the first place....did you ever think of that???
    Funny how you didn't mention the money the mayor is paying out for his own law firm just the councils, who has to hire lawyers because the mayor took them to court in the first place??? Really????...wow no wonder this city is so screwed....look at the voters....
    Last edited by bluethunder; December 20th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Lackawanna View Post
    No, it is not enough about Andrea already! I respect the opinions of everyone here except her. How can someone who lives in a glass house be so opinionated of others while she did a disservice to the residents and her constituents in Lackawanna by not being a good citizen and paying her taxes?. She was as inept as the existing City Council is now!
    Currently inept really? Have you ever been to the rubberstamp council and its meetings before?? Have you ever seen any council members ask questions or even participate? Have you ever seen any visible presence from the current mayor when he was a councilman? Wake up people this is all about jobs,not whats right for the city at all. This is the same greed and ineptness that ruined this city for decades.
    Last edited by bluethunder; December 20th, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

Post He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Lackawanna View Post
    No, it is not enough about Andrea already! I respect the opinions of everyone here except her. How can someone who lives in a glass house be so opinionated of others while she did a disservice to the residents and her constituents in Lackawanna by not being a good citizen and paying her taxes?. She was as inept as the existing City Council is now!

Merry Christmas!

P.S.
    I opened the hornets' nest and YOU, Dark Lackawanna, obviously got stung! LOL!
    And the truth I was telling, regarding their self-serving deals are continually being validated..........ie. Lackawanna Mayor vs. Lackawanna City Council!
    Absolutely no reason to spend taxpayers hard-earned money for personal BS........... when it could be used to upgrade playground's etc.!
    " inept "?!? LOL LOL LOL! ANDDDDDD, " the existing Council is now ".....................WHOA......the stinger is in deep!

More people are with me than you can ever imagine.......but feel intimated by the bullies in LA.
    May you find peace in your heart and discover the magic of the season. We can agree to disagree.....

Post He Who Laughs Last.....Lasts! Typical........

" suppost " ? Really?
    Bill, your ranting is a bit out of line .......and truly sounds verrrry personal. " HE IS THE MAYOR!!!!! ". Really? lol.
    Do you really believe a Mayor should have absolute power and be allowed to dangle people's lively-hood over their head at his whim?
    The only way this blighted City will ever change and start to move forward is when the nepotism and self-serving deals are curtailed. Or.....when someone goes to jail! Again!

Historically this has happened in the past, that is why the provision was voted into our City Charter/Code by our forefathers.
    The Mayor started it......and served the Council at their homes with a lawsuit that should have been settled in-house amongst them all.
    The Mayor started it......and the taxpayers have already lost the case.

Does anyone have an idea of why the director of Pubic Safty has a take home jeep grand cherokee?? From what i understand he has no authority to pull a car over, but he does. Or how about just turning on the lights and sirens in that under cover suv and flying up and down ridhe road for the simple reason that he can,... or can't he? I have also noticed this city take home jeep grand cherokee and local bars, infact he parked on the side walk tonight blocking my walkway into the nite cap. Maybe he gets to drive a city vehicle and drink and drive? This guy is nothibg but a disaster the people should be outraged. Thats not to public safty wise to drink and drive is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ChangeNeededNow View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of why the director of Pubic Safty has a take home jeep grand cherokee?? From what i understand he has no authority to pull a car over, but he does. Or how about just turning on the lights and sirens in that under cover suv and flying up and down ridhe road for the simple reason that he can,... or can't he? I have also noticed this city take home jeep grand cherokee and local bars, infact he parked on the side walk tonight blocking my walkway into the nite cap. Maybe he gets to drive a city vehicle and drink and drive? This guy is nothibg but a disaster the people should be outraged. Thats not to public safty wise to drink and drive is it?
    If he really is taking a City vehicle to a bar, than this mayor has really lost ALL CONTROL!

Did anyone catch the mayor's comment in the paper that he didn't know where one of his department heads, his cousin no less, lived? Seriously? That's an embarrassment.

Oh well, at least when Geoff is done, he can go work at the Housing Authority!

Post Family & Rich Friends Club............Cha-Ching!

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    If he really is taking a City vehicle to a bar, than this mayor has really lost ALL CONTROL!

Did anyone catch the mayor's comment in the paper that he didn't know where one of his department heads, his cousin no less, lived? Seriously? That's an embarrassment.

Oh well, at least when Geoff is done, he can go work at the Housing Authority!

I brought the breaking of our Charter/Code RESIDENCY LAW up continually.......and he sat right next to me for, 4 years, from 2006-2010!

Musical JOBS...You are sooooo correct! I bet they have their kids--kids, slotted in somewhere in the City-School-LMHA-or County, in 2029 or asap that's for sure!

Nepotism breeds incompetence......hence .........

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information