Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberals...

Liberals...

lulz!
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Some things the conservatives do are clever but when a conservative incorrectly uses the terms "diversity" or "capitalism" in a way that exposes the conservative's complete lack of understanding of the meanings of those terms it is no longer an example of wit, but rather one of witlessness.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Some things the conservatives do are clever but when a conservative incorrectly uses the terms "diversity" or "capitalism" in a way that exposes the conservative's complete lack of understanding of the meanings of those terms it is no longer an example of wit, but rather one of witlessness.
    When either the letter "R" or "D" misleads our community it's wrong. People who are considered liberal or conservative both do it.

Mindcrime why would you post that picture knowing it is full of falsehoods?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Yeah Mindcrime - everyone knows Ron Paul would have worn a hat at least 2 sizes too big, the one in the picture looks like it might actually fit him.

When either the letter "R" or "D" misleads our community it's wrong. People who are considered liberal or conservative both do it.
    I agree.

I disagree.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

But you are ok with Yankee's post?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Ron wants to basically follow what our nation was founded on. Seems odd that there are people in our United States that have an issue with that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    But you are ok with Yankee's post?
    That one is misleading also. I can only type so fast. You can't paint the letter "D" and the letter "R" all with the same brush.

Mindcrime knows better.

That one is misleading also. I can only type so fast. You can't paint the letter "D" and the letter "R" all with the same brush.

Mindcrime knows better.
    I wasn't painting with a broad brush. That graphic depicts the individual stances of the GOP candidates (& former candidates). Perhaps it's merely a perception that I painted with a broad brush because they share these stances with so many of their own party?

Mindcrime knows better.
    But Yankee doesn't?

I think R's and D's are exactly alike. I'm not a big conspiracy theorist like BTT, but every organization is built to preserve it's own. Whether it's a government entity, political party or private organization. They all do what they feel is necessary to keep themselves relevant and alive. I lean to the R's but I am not naive. They BS as much as the other guys. That's why I don't care about the letter, I care about the person. The trouble is, the "person" is so packaged and managed and has to be so concerned about their contributors, that it's hard to find a real person anymore.

I have a real problem with the amount of money in campaigns. It is so corrosive that our political process is a complete bastardization of what it's supposed to be. Think of a Congressman. In Wny, it will probably cost $1.5 - $2 m in campaign funds to win. (This excludes outside money). So Congressmen are elected for a 2 yr term. That means the day after election, they have to start raising $2054 per day, 7 days per week til the next election. That is crazy! You think many small business people can do this without the big R or D support? The teacher, the firefighter, the laborer? Until we figure out a way to limit the amount of money allowed in a campaign, "we" will never be represented. And this is NOT a bash on wealthy people or "R"'s since ppl seem to imply they are all wealthy or are the only wealthy people. It's about being beholden. To the party, the interest groups, etc. And it's not necessarily about being beholden to the money you've already received - it's about the money you need the next time around....

Ron wants to basically follow what our nation was founded on as he sees it
    I fixed it for you - you keep leaving out the fact that Ron's views are his original views, not the views of the originators.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post

lulz!
    Except I'm a Liberal, Christian, believes in free speech unless it's a threat of violence, a racist remark, et al, despises Apple based on their greed, isolationism and exploitation of Chinese workers, believes the 1% is confined to the Corporate greed-mongers on Wall Street, supports diversity and works for a living.....

But then, I'm not a D or an R....

Liberal doesn't = Democrat; Conservative doesn't = Republican
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Liberal doesn't = Democrat; Conservative doesn't = Republican
    This is one of the biggest misses in our society.... just proof the dumbing down is working.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

The real proof is every time you look in a mirror....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information