Thread: Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Wishing a very Merry Christmas to all the vocal political types out there. Stay vocal, and enjoy the holiday season (without getting the family gatherings into a political argument)!

Post Amen and Thank You for getting "it"!

Quote Originally Posted by had enough yet View Post
    Wishing a very Merry Christmas to all the vocal political types out there. Stay vocal, and enjoy the holiday season (without getting the family gatherings into a political argument)!

Amen. Even though this is some "food for thought" for the family gatherings today.......... Argue tomorrow if you have too, NOT today please.
    City & Region
    Where We Live
    A town-by-town digest of what’s happening in our communities
    News Staff Reports

Published: December 25, 2011, 12:00 AM
    Lackawanna:
    Outgoing City Council President Chuck Jaworski got the last word in his longstanding feud with former First Ward Councilwoman Andrea Haxton.

Jaworski refused to allow Haxton the opportunity to address council members during the public hearing portion of their final meeting of 2011.

“You’re not recognized,” Jaworski said to an incredulous Haxton, who had raised her arm to speak.

Haxton has been a frequent critic of the council, and particularly Jaworski, since her days as a member of the board.

In the previous council meeting on Dec. 5, for example, when Haxton got up to speak, she concluded her address by asking Jaworski how it felt to be a “lame duck,“ a reference to the fact Jaworski did not win the mayor’s seat and was leaving city government because his term as Council President is up on Dec. 31.

Jaworski at first responded that it felt great finally to be retired, but then turned to City Clerk Jacqueline Caferro and muttered: “What a nut.”

Haxton admitted that the unusual question probably led to Jaworski’s refusal to recognize her in the Dec. 19 meeting.

“Sure he’s mad at me. He was fuming,” said Haxton, who called the lack of recognition “a big insult.”

“Right to the very end he stifled me,” she said. “He tried to.”

The Dec. 19 otherwise was full of good will among council members. In addition to Jaworski, 2nd Ward Councilman Geoffrey Szymanski and 4th Ward Councilman Joseph Schiavi also participated in their final meeting, and they received wishes and plaque presentations from colleagues, 1st Ward Councilman Abdul Noman and 3rd Ward Councilman Francis Kulczyk, whose terms continue.

Noman took the opportunity to thank a long list of city department heads, going on for several minutes, and finally prompting Szymanski to wise crack: “Abdul, you were talking like you were leaving.”

Meanwhile Schiavi, who rarely offers any commentary at meetings was asked by Kulczyk if he had anything to say. Schiavi simply said, “No.”

A minute later, he changed his mind, adding, “It’s been a very interesting, enjoyable eight years. I never missed a meeting.”
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************
    Doesn't he wonder what I was going to say..........? BTW: I am NOT happy about what he publicly called me and just learned this "News" myself. It does portray exactly what I had to deal with while trying to work with him for the betterment of OUR City though. He constantly bullied me down and you all read it in print even today......the question is................ WHY?
    He couldn't take the heat......so I believe God took him out of the kitchen. I was called a lame duck publicly, so what?!
    At least I went down fighting for the overall good of Lackawanna. What will they go down in history being known for?

Slaughterhouse stirs protest in Lackawanna
    By Harold McNeil
    Published:November 10, 2009, 8:41 AM
    0 Comments
    Lackawanna residents’ opposition to a proposed slaughterhouse and their support for a lame-duck lawmaker were the principal items of contention at Monday’s City Council meeting.

I realize some of you folks do not believe but I do and I know that God has his eye on the City of Lackawanna! I Believe!

Merry Christmas to All, especially my enemies....may your heart soften one day when you realize I have only been trying to make it better for OUR kids in "Lack"awanna!

Sure hope everyone gave away some of these gifts........

Gift Suggestions:

To your enemy, forgiveness.
    To an opponent, tolerance.
    To a friend, your heart.
    To a customer, service.
    To all, charity.
    To every child, a good example.
    To yourself, respect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information