Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Famous Buffalo Murders

Famous Buffalo Murders

For some reason, the Fink Brother's murders in 1979 came to mind. I remember that day like it was yesterday. My Aunt Irene (who passed away) worked at that store (People's Clothing on the East Side Broadway) but was off that particular day. My brother had an account there and shopped there often. Thru my Aunt, I knew the Fink brothers and that store was like part of my family. I was working for the City that day and heard the news of the murder. My immediate thoughts went to my Aunt and my brother. When the details came out it was unreal - I was relieved no family member was killed, but I knew the Fink brothers and I grieved. I also worked with one of the Fink brother's son's in my City department. What a horrible time.

Not too long after, who remembers the .22 caliber shooter? As I was on a bus heading down broadway one dreary morning, I remember seeing one of his victim's draped with a cloth over him on the curb. Bodies never bothered me, but that was particularly creepy since no one knew who was doing the shooting. Not long after John was convicted, I was a Deputy Sheriff working the holding center downtown and had him on my gallery one night as he came back to town on appeal. I remember him sitting on the floor in front of his cell not saying a word, just staring. He was alone in the cellblock for obvious reasons, but surreal. This guy murdering all those people. I served him a dinner, he came over and took it, never saying a word all night and I said only the basics to him.

As a Deputy, I also had John Justice on a gallery for a while. Recall, he murdered his entire family and a neighbor in cold blood. He was a real idiot. Always causing problems and pretending to be a tough guy. He had a real evil look in his eyes.

Comments welcome.

sid and paul were good guys...they were an account of mine (i worked in radio)....horrible story...

John Justice was a near genius IQ person, who was angry with his parents for not having the money to put him through college. They lived in Kenmore, I think, in a modest home. Very cold blooded.

Another Kenmore murder, never solved, was the dentist John Lindemann was chief suspect. His wife disappeared and parts of her body were found over WNY. His house near Delaware Ave and the old Kenmore theater was examined for blood and other clues. He was not charged and went on to marry someone else.

Or there is a well known sitting judge, whose wife died of mysterious circumstances, and although strongly suspected, he was never charged.

And the plastic surgeon who lost a patient with his liposuction procedure, convicted of poisoning his wife and children. They survived, but barely. He had a lot of people convinced she was doing it to herself to gain sympathy.

But there are many spooky and eerie stories of death in this area, maybe I'll recall some.

I know John Justice's younger brother. I vividly remember the night it all happened. I was up late doing homework and saw it on Eyewitness News.

Im gunna say that President McKinleys murder is a pretty famous murder to occur here in the Queen City....

The mafia dude killed in front of Roselands was pretty famous...need a name puff...

Quote Originally Posted by BlaCkROcKDan
    The mafia dude killed in front of Roselands was pretty famous...need a name puff...

john cammileri....

that's all i can say..

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    John Justice was a near genius IQ person, who was angry with his parents for not having the money to put him through college.
    Yeah, only an actual genius know's how to fill out a student loan application.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by smkozlowski
    Not too long after, who remembers the .22 caliber shooter? As I was on a bus heading down broadway one dreary morning, I remember seeing one of his victim's draped with a cloth over him on the curb. Bodies never bothered me, but that was particularly creepy since no one knew who was doing the shooting. Not long after John was convicted, I was a Deputy Sheriff working the holding center downtown and had him on my gallery one night as he came back to town on appeal. I remember him sitting on the floor in front of his cell not saying a word, just staring. He was alone in the cellblock for obvious reasons, but surreal. This guy murdering all those people. I served him a dinner, he came over and took it, never saying a word all night and I said only the basics to him.
    Did you mean Joseph Christopher?

I was on my way to work at Santasiero's a long time ago and passed by a friend's father's house on Potomac right by Dewitt. I saw a cab with blood spattered on the side windows and called police. It was "Shorty's" cab and he had been dating the daughter of the man who owned the home.

My dad (who is 80) still talks about a murder that happened near Caz Creek in South Buffalo when he was a kid. A teenaged girl was murdered - Dad could even tell you her name.

Sorry, yes Joseph Christopher. He was the "Halloween" figure....just not as tall.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaCkROcKDan View Post

Or William "Wild Bill" Schilino, a member of Local 210 who was murdered in a construction trailer at Amherst and Main (the subway station). Dozens of workers were around the trailer when it happened and nobody heard a thing......
    His nephew is (was?) the Parking Comissioner, Lenny Schilino.
    Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

Quote Originally Posted by tomac View Post
    Or William "Wild Bill" Schilino, a member of Local 210 who was murdered in a construction trailer at Amherst and Main (the subway station). Dozens of workers were around the trailer when it happened and nobody heard a thing......
    His nephew is (was?) the Parking Comissioner, Lenny Schilino.

sciolino...

not certain about any relationship between billy and len..

Peter Picilo, a local hairstylist from the late seventies, got murdered in his School Of Hair Design on Elmwood Ave. It was a mafia hit, he was dating one of the daughters of the upper ranks, and supposedly got her hooked on heroin. The building was formerly a Bell Telephone office, and is supposedly haunted I think its now a daycare center?

Learned this during one of Mason Winfields Haunted Buffalo ghost walks around Elmwood village.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information