Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Machine Won...but what did they win???

The Machine Won...but what did they win???

Yes, the Machine won in this year's mayoral race. At what cost? Over 3,000 registered voters showed up to oppose the Machine. It cost over $50,000 for the Machine to win this election. It made the Machine actually WORK HARD, cut lots of deals, make lots of promises, and stab lots of people in the back to stay in power. It made the Machine actually CAMPAIGN, spend money, drag people out to the polls who haven't voted in years and years. The "silent majority" of this City are getting more and more VERBAL.

???????

I can say this the people including everyone who voted stated overwhelmingly that they did not want Andrea for sure and that they did not want AJ for sure. Now the other people who voted for Dion had to be signed up and registered and told who to vote for these people have never even voted before, come on how many people did he register I'm hearing numbers like a thousand total. While it is a good thing to register and vote lets see how many of them vote in the next election if say it is jaworski against szymanski. Now is the time to hold them accountable to change the city dont jump all over them before they even take office. Lets give him a chance and see if he holds true to change.

Think this will change Wake Up??
    Lets Start Cutting Some of the Exuberant Benefits From Our Elected Officials
    I have just been learning about some of the benefits that are afforded to our civil servants. For starters I was informed that the work day for the people in City Hall is from 9:00 AM till 4:30 PM included in these hours of work is a hour lunch, that means these people are actually working per say for 6.5 hours a day and receiving 8 hours of pay. This gets better on every Wednesday during the months of July and August these people only work until 12:00 PM and get their full eight hours of pay. I would like to hear from somebody if this is true, I cant believe that this was ever allowed. This is one of the problems with having so many family members working for the City, how does anything get negotiated in good faith when its your uncle, child, wife etc asking. I hope that one of the new guys gets elected and changes that and I DONT MEAN RENEGOTIATE IT for something in return I MEAN TAKE it AWAY. If you are getting eight hours of pay your rear should be there for at least the eight hours. We hard working people of the private sector are getting very sick and tired of YOU PUBLIC EMPLOYEES giving it to us every chance you get. I went to City Hall once to get a permit to install a fence, I went at 12:15ish I was told I would have to wait until 1:00 PM until they got back from lunch. Can you believe that they shut the whole department down for lunch because they feel they should be able to go to lunch together, they dont give a rats bass that the people actually paying their wages also work and that we try to get stuff done during our unpaid lunch hour.

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Think this will change Wake Up??
    Lets Start Cutting Some of the Exuberant Benefits From Our Elected Officials
    I have just been learning about some of the benefits that are afforded to our civil servants. For starters I was informed that the work day for the people in City Hall is from 9:00 AM till 4:30 PM included in these hours of work is a hour lunch, that means these people are actually working per say for 6.5 hours a day and receiving 8 hours of pay. This gets better on every Wednesday during the months of July and August these people only work until 12:00 PM and get their full eight hours of pay. I would like to hear from somebody if this is true, I cant believe that this was ever allowed. This is one of the problems with having so many family members working for the City, how does anything get negotiated in good faith when its your uncle, child, wife etc asking. I hope that one of the new guys gets elected and changes that and I DONT MEAN RENEGOTIATE IT for something in return I MEAN TAKE it AWAY. If you are getting eight hours of pay your rear should be there for at least the eight hours. We hard working people of the private sector are getting very sick and tired of YOU PUBLIC EMPLOYEES giving it to us every chance you get. I went to City Hall once to get a permit to install a fence, I went at 12:15ish I was told I would have to wait until 1:00 PM until they got back from lunch. Can you believe that they shut the whole department down for lunch because they feel they should be able to go to lunch together, they dont give a rats bass that the people actually paying their wages also work and that we try to get stuff done during our unpaid lunch hour.
    I wish that was were they started however that has to wait for the negotiations to arrive. There is no way that City Hall should be shutting down the permit department for an hour, they could stagger lunches by a half hour and cover it. Also The half day on Wednesday in the summer is a joke. I'm not sure what your point was that you figured I changed my feelings on this matter. I'm not like certain political parties in LA that change who and what they are for at a drop of a hat. There are a lot of changes that need to be done and out of the two actively running contenders (Szymanski and Dion) the best man for the job won. Lets see how long Dion stays residing in the City he probably has his house in Hamburg up for sale as we speak. By the way thats another change that I would like to see implemented if you work for the City or Its school district (seeing that some believe that is a seperate entity from the City) you must live in the City. How much sense does it make that you earn money from these tax payers and then help out another school district by paying their teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake Up New York View Post
    I can say this the people including everyone who voted stated overwhelmingly that they did not want Andrea for sure and that they did not want AJ for sure. Now the other people who voted for Dion had to be signed up and registered and told who to vote for these people have never even voted before, come on how many people did he register I'm hearing numbers like a thousand total. While it is a good thing to register and vote lets see how many of them vote in the next election if say it is jaworski against szymanski. Now is the time to hold them accountable to change the city dont jump all over them before they even take office. Lets give him a chance and see if he holds true to change.
    They already had their chance.Maybe they can prove people wrong but call me skeptical. As far as living in this city it isn't and will not be enforceable. The most qualified candidate should get the job not residency based people. That is how we ended up where we are in the first place. Seems like you need to wake up maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake Up New York View Post
    I wish that was were they started however that has to wait for the negotiations to arrive. There is no way that City Hall should be shutting down the permit department for an hour, they could stagger lunches by a half hour and cover it. Also The half day on Wednesday in the summer is a joke. I'm not sure what your point was that you figured I changed my feelings on this matter. I'm not like certain political parties in LA that change who and what they are for at a drop of a hat. There are a lot of changes that need to be done and out of the two actively running contenders (Szymanski and Dion) the best man for the job won. Lets see how long Dion stays residing in the City he probably has his house in Hamburg up for sale as we speak. By the way thats another change that I would like to see implemented if you work for the City or Its school district (seeing that some believe that is a seperate entity from the City) you must live in the City. How much sense does it make that you earn money from these tax payers and then help out another school district by paying their teachers.
    In those cities with populations exceeding 125,000 (New York City, Buffalo, Yonkers, Rochester, and Syracuse), the city school districts are coterminous with the city limits, and education is part of the municipal budget. These districts cannot incur debts or levy taxes. The governmental structure in all of these except for New York is that of an elected or appointed board of education. New York's public education is headed by a chancellor and has a 13-member all-appointed Department of Education Panel for Education Policy.>>
    The city school districts for the 57 cities having fewer than 125,000 people are separate from the municipal government and are authorized to levy taxes and incur debt. Each of them is governed by an elected board of education with five, seven, or nine members. Districts for smaller cities often extend beyond the city borders and are referred to as "enlarged city school districts", seven of which have reorganized as "central city school districts”]>>
    School districts>>
    School districts are organized local entities providing public elementary, secondary, and/or higher education which, under state law, have sufficient administrative and fiscal autonomy to qualify as separate governments. The category excludes dependent public school systems of county, municipal, township, or state governments.>>

An independent school district is a type of
    school district in the United States for primary and secondary education, which operates as an entity that is independent and separate from any municipality, county, or state. As such the administrative leadership of such districts is selected from within the district itself and has no direct responsibility to any other governmental authority. This independence normally also implies that the district has its own taxing authority that is outside of the direct control of other governmental entities.

Not sure what you mean by certain political parties that change. What are you registered as? From what you sound like, maybe you should run for the school board so you can change the policy. i don't think that you will get very far as Lackawanna will never exceed 125,000 people.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is one reason I think it would be good for our community to because one large Metro Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This is one reason I think it would be good for our community to because one large Metro Buffalo.
    agreed!

Stonecold that was beautiful however my point was simple When I say something like the school teachers are paid by the city people jump down my throat and say no they are not they are a separate entity. So what I am trying to say is when I refer to the City as paying them i am not refering to government structure instead the City which is the people that reside there. So as nice as your statement was it wasnt applicable to mine

It would have saved a lot if you didn't talk in a circle. Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I can not see anywhere in your post where you clarified your displeasure as to citizens paying the teachers. With that said, how do you feel about police, fire, and department heads accepting a paycheck from the citizens of Lackawanna while not residing within the city limits?

Dan12 always talks in a circle and so does wakeupnewyork. With circle talkers you never can win so why bother talking to them. Silence is always the best medicine.

Yes Stone Cold I would like to see anyone that gets paid from the City live in the City doesnt matter I already know where your going with this but it doesnt matter. I think there are more than enough choices of nice homes, newer homes and even vacant lots to build a new homes on that it isnt asking to much. Grandfathering it would almost be a certain but why not start with new employees.
    blue thunder I see youn have a problem with everyone I thought for sure when I seen buffaloman call you out by dennis that it would knock some sense into you but I guess you just couldnt hear what he was saying. (well in this case see what he was saying)

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
    Dan12 always talks in a circle and so does wakeupnewyork. With circle talkers you never can win so why bother talking to them. Silence is always the best medicine.
    I'm certain you always feel confused when the adults are talking, and it probably does seem like circles.

Still wrong about who I am. Just throwing people's names out there makes you no better than the one your always crying about.
    Last edited by bluethunder; November 9th, 2011 at 05:12 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information