Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Machine Won...but what did they win???

Blue thunder you must have even been born wrong because as with everything else I have seen you post up here you are wrong I did not throw anyones name around. What I did was repeated what was already up here by someone else do yopu want me to copy and paste it for you so you can remember. You actually even remarked on it when they did. I will tell you this I have seen a lot of people say you are a stupid a$$ and you open your mouth all the time when people are not even talking to you. You must be a very lonely guy with nothing in your life. I think maybe these people are right. I will try and pretend that it isnt your fault at all, maybe something happened during your mothers pregnancy or at birth.

Name calling again. Once again still talking about someone else.
    Last edited by bluethunder; November 9th, 2011 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake Up New York View Post
    Yes Stone Cold I would like to see anyone that gets paid from the City live in the City doesnt matter I already know where your going with this but it doesnt matter. I think there are more than enough choices of nice homes, newer homes and even vacant lots to build a new homes on that it isnt asking to much. Grandfathering it would almost be a certain but why not start with new employees.
    blue thunder I see youn have a problem with everyone I thought for sure when I seen buffaloman call you out by dennis that it would knock some sense into you but I guess you just couldnt hear what he was saying. (well in this case see what he was saying)
    Talking in circles again? Not only that. You also bashed the guy you assume I am up on top of it. Not once but twice. Pretty low if you ask me. You were the only one using a name.

Yes Stone Cold I would like to see anyone that gets paid from the City live in the City doesnt matter I already know where your going with this but it doesnt matter. I think there are more than enough choices of nice homes, newer homes and even vacant lots to build a new homes on that it isnt asking to much. Grandfathering it would almost be a certain but why not start with new employees.
    blue thunder I see youn have a problem with everyone I thought for sure when I seen buffaloman call you out by dennis that it would knock some sense into you but I guess you just couldnt hear what he was saying. (well in this case see what he was saying)
    There is obviously a problem within the city and school district that so many people are leaving the city. I am not sure as to the assessment on the home in which you live in or even if you own a home, but more and more people as well as businesses have been putting up For Sale signs lately. Why do you think that is?

Post I still claim a VICTORY because I know God is in control of the BIG picture!

I can say this the people including everyone who voted stated overwhelmingly that they did not want Andrea for sure and that they did not want AJ for sure. Now the other people who voted for Dion had to be signed up and registered and told who to vote for these people have never even voted before, come on how many people did he register I'm hearing numbers like a thousand total. While it is a good thing to register and vote lets see how many of them vote in the next election if say it is jaworski against szymanski. Now is the time to hold them accountable to change the city dont jump all over them before they even take office. Lets give him a chance and see if he holds true to change.

You talk about me as if I am a non-person, " that they did not want Andrea for sure ", as if I do not have any feelings and I, oh never mind........... Guess what? It is all good with me.
    This morning I had a beautiful ride out to East Aurora for an appointment. Then I strolled through Vidler's and a few boutiques just for fun, had lunch at the new Chipotle and found 2 Salada Teapots that I collect at Savers. Rounded out the evening by baby-sitting my baby Grand-daughter Zoe and love it! I have spent so much time at this political game .....I now realize what so many folks have told me over the years is true, "you can't fight City Hall and win ". Fine.

I actually feel like a weight has lifted off of me......and I will soon get my life back after 20 years of running around trying to chase the lack out of Lackawanna. Other communities shine. We are the neglected ---has been ole' steel town ....but I guess 3000 people like it this way. I get it.

Beat me down, make fun of me, expose my personal problems.....WHATEVER! I feel good, am NOT a sore-loser at all, trust God, and claim a victory in my defeat........

Off the web......

" I find that I am not the first to present the manifold forms of Burke’s Triumph of Evil quote. Lee Frank had already given his own list,
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. "

All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing.

All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

In order for ‘evil’ to prevail, all that need happen is for ‘good’ people to do nothing.

I heard this famous quote in an old movie, " The world is only as good as the people in it"......Lackawanna is only as good as........
    Last edited by andreahaxton; November 10th, 2011 at 12:32 AM.

Post Committee--person:

Will one of you please tell Hank that the graffiti on the south-side "No Left Turn" sign on the Centennial Bridge (stupid name) , looks ghetto?

Post True.

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Think this will change Wake Up??
    Lets Start Cutting Some of the Exuberant Benefits From Our Elected Officials
    I have just been learning about some of the benefits that are afforded to our civil servants. For starters I was informed that the work day for the people in City Hall is from 9:00 AM till 4:30 PM included in these hours of work is a hour lunch, that means these people are actually working per say for 6.5 hours a day and receiving 8 hours of pay. This gets better on every Wednesday during the months of July and August these people only work until 12:00 PM and get their full eight hours of pay. I would like to hear from somebody if this is true, I cant believe that this was ever allowed. This is one of the problems with having so many family members working for the City, how does anything get negotiated in good faith when its your uncle, child, wife etc asking. I hope that one of the new guys gets elected and changes that and I DONT MEAN RENEGOTIATE IT for something in return I MEAN TAKE it AWAY. If you are getting eight hours of pay your rear should be there for at least the eight hours. We hard working people of the private sector are getting very sick and tired of YOU PUBLIC EMPLOYEES giving it to us every chance you get. I went to City Hall once to get a permit to install a fence, I went at 12:15ish I was told I would have to wait until 1:00 PM until they got back from lunch. Can you believe that they shut the whole department down for lunch because they feel they should be able to go to lunch together, they dont give a rats bass that the people actually paying their wages also work and that we try to get stuff done during our unpaid lunch hour.
    Yes, it is true. " Summer Hours"........the County gets them too, they run from the 4th of July till after Labor Day. County 8:30-4pm/1 hr lunch and 2-15 minute breaks in the summer (winter M-F, 8:30-4:30 as a rule).........Lackawanna works 9-4:30 M-T-Th-F, and 9-12 noon every Wednesday in Summer Hours, (winter 9-4:30). If they can get the same amount of work done in 3 less hours or so......Time for a Time Study! I tried to get one....maybe Hank will have better luck.

City Code:
    § 5-68 Office hours.

All units in the administrative service shall be open between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and shall be closed on Saturdays and legal holidays.

Legal holidays........why they still get both Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays off in February instead of one day, President's Day like others if you are lucky; private sector usually never get any of these perks.

They have been in direct violation of our LAW for years and every time I questioned them about why it is allowed, they were not available. You are right, stonecold.

I heard this famous quote in an old movie, " The world is only as good as the people in it"......Lackawanna is only as good as........
    Nice thing to say about the people you supposably care
    so much about.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    You talk about me as if I am a non-person, " that they did not want Andrea for sure ", as if I do not have any feelings and I, oh never mind........... Guess what? It is all good with me.
    This morning I had a beautiful ride out to East Aurora for an appointment. Then I strolled through Vidler's and a few boutiques just for fun, had lunch at the new Chipotle and found 2 Salada Teapots that I collect at Savers. Rounded out the evening by baby-sitting my baby Grand-daughter Zoe and love it! I have spent so much time at this political game .....I now realize what so many folks have told me over the years is true, "you can't fight City Hall and win ". Fine.

I actually feel like a weight has lifted off of me......and I will soon get my life back after 20 years of running around trying to chase the lack out of Lackawanna. Other communities shine. We are the neglected ---has been ole' steel town ....but I guess 3000 people like it this way. I get it.

Beat me down, make fun of me, expose my personal problems.....WHATEVER! I feel good, am NOT a sore-loser at all, trust God, and claim a victory in my defeat........

Off the web......

" I find that I am not the first to present the manifold forms of Burke’s Triumph of Evil quote. Lee Frank had already given his own list,
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. "

All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing.

All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

In order for ‘evil’ to prevail, all that need happen is for ‘good’ people to do nothing.

Apparently Haxton is saying " I will attack anybody whom I please, but I should not be attacked because I have feelings"

Yes, "3,000+ residents have spoken" and Geoff and Hank were elected. Remember, those people who did the write-in and those people who voted for A.J. and Andrea and even Walter S. were also sending a message. Most elections have been a real joke...no opponents...or all the lines get tied up so there aren't any endorsements for anyone outside of the "club." The truth remains...a select few families in Lackawanna have two, three, and even four jobs between the School District and City Hall. Their children get the summer jobs. Their wives and daughters get teacher aide positions in the School District.

Will Geoff keep his campaign promises? Does Geoff really care about the City of Lackawanna or is this mayoral position just a stepping stone toward the Legislature or Assembly? Time will tell, won't it?

The focus is going to be on Geoff's 2nd Ward Council job. Who will get the nod to step into that seat for the next two years?

Question...what ever happened to the property on South Park that the Baptist Church and the Yemen Community were fighting over?

Question...where do we stand with the Martin Road Subdivision Project?

Question...Geoff never held a single meeting or mailed out any communication to the 2nd Ward voters the entire time he was on the Council - 6 years - so, will he suddenly start communicating with the city as mayor?

Post Excellent Points!

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    Yes, "3,000+ residents have spoken" and Geoff and Hank were elected. Remember, those people who did the write-in and those people who voted for A.J. and Andrea and even Walter S. were also sending a message. Most elections have been a real joke...no opponents...or all the lines get tied up so there aren't any endorsements for anyone outside of the "club." The truth remains...a select few families in Lackawanna have two, three, and even four jobs between the School District and City Hall. Their children get the summer jobs. Their wives and daughters get teacher aide positions in the School District.

Will Geoff keep his campaign promises? Does Geoff really care about the City of Lackawanna or is this mayoral position just a stepping stone toward the Legislature or Assembly? Time will tell, won't it?

The focus is going to be on Geoff's 2nd Ward Council job. Who will get the nod to step into that seat for the next two years?

Question...what ever happened to the property on South Park that the Baptist Church and the Yemen Community were fighting over?

Question...where do we stand with the Martin Road Subdivision Project?

Question...Geoff never held a single meeting or mailed out any communication to the 2nd Ward voters the entire time he was on the Council - 6 years - so, will he suddenly start communicating with the city as mayor?
    Excellent points........
    Just a clarification on 2nd WARD Councilman position vacancy:

§ 3.2 Vacancies.

Except as provided in General City Law § 2-a, Subdivision 2, any vacancy in the office of Councilman or Council President, other than expiration of the term of office, shall be filled by the Council. Any person appointed to fill a vacancy shall have the same qualifications as are required of a person elected to the office and shall be of the same political affiliation as the Councilman whose place has become vacant. The term of office of a Councilman appointed to fill a vacancy shall be until the commencement of the year next succeeding the first general election at which the vacancy can be filled after the happening of the vacancy.
    * Folks, Please don't let the Dem Chair (Fran Warthling) pick the replacement, like HE did for Binky/Chuck move up to Council Pres....they left me out of the discusion and thereby violated the LAW on filling a vacancy.
    * Whoever is appointed to serve the 2nd Ward will serve 1-1-2012 through 1-1-13 (when appointed at First Council meeting at the re-organizational meeting), but will have to run in the fall of 2012 for the seat.....unless they do a dance with the position, they are capable of changing anything to suit their needs as you know.

Here " they " are.........THE PLAN:
    “I have a sound plan, the choice for Mayor is clear,” says Szymanski

“I want to take this opportunity to do a final summary of what

my campaign is about and what my vision and plans are for Lackawanna,”

stated Councilman and endorsed Democrat, Conservative and Working Families candidate

for Mayor, Geoffrey M. Szymanski.

“In the early stages, I wrote about how I voted against the last two

budgets because there was a tax increase in each. Additionally, I didn’t like

the fact that we transferred funds from the reserve account, otherwise

known as the “rainy day” fund, to balance our books. I stated how we,

as a community, cannot continue to operate this way and remain viable. I

emphasized that we need to secure additional sources of revenue and learn how to

do more with less. I stressed that we need to become more efficient,” continued

Szymanski.

“I touched on the fact that we need to help local business, large and

small, in Lackawanna. They are the backbone of our community. To

remain viable, we must help our current business owners remain competitive. We

need to attract new businesses that will employ our residents and stabilize our

tax base. I have a solid and financially responsible 5 year plan that can and

will accomplish this,” emphasized Szymanski.

“I’ve written about the need to stabilize our neighborhoods. We must

continue to rebuild our roads. We have to combat blight by aggressively

enforcing our city codes. I will bring back neighborhood watch programs

and block clubs. Mandatory flood insurance must be eliminated, so our

residents can reinvest that wasted money back into their homes.
    I will

implement an anonymous complaint line, to help our resident’s combat crime

without fear of retribution. Our Police, Fire and Public Works Departments are

first class operations. I will do what I can to make sure that those employees

have what they need to do their jobs. I’ve pledged to keep all three firehouses

open, so we can continue to effectively tend to our citizens, whether it’s a

fire or first aid call,” stressed Szymanski.

“My vision includes a plan to support our youth. We need

to partner up with our schools, share their new facilities and give our youth

some additional recreational opportunities.
    Most importantly, let’s not forget

our senior citizens. Many are on fixed incomes. We need to keep their taxes low

while adding quality programs that they enjoy. We need to upgrade the Senior

Center to make that experience a more pleasant one,” continued Szymanski.

“My plan also includes taking advantage of the relationships I have

forged with the leaders at all levels of government. I know who to call and

how to get things done. Now is not the time to turn city government over

to inexperience. As a part-time Councilman, I have demonstrated the

leadership, ability and vision this community needs. I have a track record

of getting things done.
    As a full-time Mayor, I certainly plan on getting a lot

more done,” added Szymanski.

“Lackawanna is my home and I’m damn proud of it. I want to make it the

perfect place to raise a family,” insisted Szymanski. “With the help of all voters,

regardless of affiliation, we can make it happen,” concluded Geoff Szymanski.

Don’t forget to visit Geoff’s website @www.geoff4mayor.com

These are some awesome bullet points........he is still Councilman, do you think he will get a head-start on them?

Originally Posted by stonecold
    Think this will change Wake Up??Originally posted by Wake Up New York: Lets Start Cutting Some of the Exuberant Benefits From Our Elected Officials
    I have just been learning about some of the benefits that are afforded to our civil servants. For starters I was informed that the work day for the people in City Hall is from 9:00 AM till 4:30 PM included in these hours of work is a hour lunch, that means these people are actually working per say for 6.5 hours a day and receiving 8 hours of pay. This gets better on every Wednesday during the months of July and August these people only work until 12:00 PM and get their full eight hours of pay. I would like to hear from somebody if this is true, I cant believe that this was ever allowed. This is one of the problems with having so many family members working for the City, how does anything get negotiated in good faith when its your uncle, child, wife etc asking. I hope that one of the new guys gets elected and changes that and I DONT MEAN RENEGOTIATE IT for something in return I MEAN TAKE it AWAY. If you are getting eight hours of pay your rear should be there for at least the eight hours. We hard working people of the private sector are getting very sick and tired of YOU PUBLIC EMPLOYEES giving it to us every chance you get. I went to City Hall once to get a permit to install a fence, I went at 12:15ish I was told I would have to wait until 1:00 PM until they got back from lunch. Can you believe that they shut the whole department down for lunch because they feel they should be able to go to lunch together, they dont give a rats bass that the people actually paying their wages also work and that we try to get stuff done during our unpaid lunch hour.

I did not originally post the above, Wake Up New York did. I merely asked if he/she thought it would be accomplished.

Post Ok

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Originally Posted by stonecold
    Think this will change Wake Up??Originally posted by Wake Up New York: Lets Start Cutting Some of the Exuberant Benefits From Our Elected Officials

I did not originally post the above, Wake Up New York did. I merely asked if he/she thought it would be accomplished.

OK.
    Regardless, keen understanding by the both of you.

[QUOTE=andreahaxton;817365]Excellent points........
    Just a clarification on 2nd WARD Councilman position vacancy:

§ 3.2 Vacancies.

Except as provided in General City Law § 2-a, Subdivision 2, any vacancy in the office of Councilman or Council President, other than expiration of the term of office, shall be filled by the Council. Any person appointed to fill a vacancy shall have the same qualifications as are required of a person elected to the office and shall be of the same political affiliation as the Councilman whose place has become vacant. The term of office of a Councilman appointed to fill a vacancy shall be until the commencement of the year next succeeding the first general election at which the vacancy can be filled after the happening of the vacancy.
    * Folks, Please don't let the Dem Chair (Fran Warthling) pick the replacement, like HE did for Binky/Chuck move up to Council Pres....they left me out of the discusion and thereby violated the LAW on filling a vacancy.
    * Whoever is appointed to serve the 2nd Ward will serve 1-1-2012 through 1-1-13 (when appointed at First Council meeting at the re-organizational meeting), but will have to run in the fall of 2012 for the seat.....unless they do a dance with the position, they are capable of changing anything to suit their needs as you know.

Who do you think will get the seat Andrea? Maybe you should move to the second ward.. maybe they would consider you....

Post Just a Joke! Even though I know I am Going to get **** thrown back at me on here.....

buffalo craigslist > for sale / wanted > free stuff
    free stuffsearch for: in: all communityall eventall for sale / wanted--antiquesappliancesarts & craftsauto partsbaby & kid stuffbarterbicyclesboatsbooksbusinesscars & trucks - by dealercars & trucks - by ownercars+truckscds / dvds / vhscell phonesclothingcollectiblescomputers & techelectronicsfarm & gardenfree stufffurniturefurniture - by dealerfurniture - by ownergarage salesgeneralhealth and beautyhouseholditems wantedjewelrymaterialsmotorcyclesmotorcycles/scooters - by dealermotorcycles/scooters - by ownermusical instrumentsphoto/videorecreational vehiclessporting goodsticketstickets - by dealertickets - by ownertoolstoys & gamesvideo gaming--all gigsall housingall jobsall personalsall resumeall services offered title only entire post
    price: has image

[ Thu, 10 Nov 14:32:15 ] [ avoid recalled items ] [ partial list of prohibited items ] [ dial 2-1-1 for social services ] [ AVOIDING SCAMS & FRAUD ] [ PERSONAL SAFETY TIPS ] [ craigslist {tv} ] [ unofficial flagging faq ] [ craigslist blog ] [ success story? ]

Thu Nov 10
    PVC Sewer Pipe - (Clarence) pic

free tv - (angola )

Sofa Bed - (Orchard Park) pic

Free Weekend Fun for Families - (WNY)

**BRICKS-MOSTLY HALVES..LANDSCAPING ETC.*** - (GASPORT) pic

COUPONS - (South Buffalo)

material/foam rubber/fiberfill - (Tonawanda)

free Manure - (Clarence

Anybody have a back-hoe, bobcat, or dump truck?

Oh, I know who does....that City worker (whose only job is to work at the Senior Center, a DPW custodian, shift 4-12 pm, M-F, for $40,000/yr + overtime), who just built his new building on top of the neighbor's house (who now has a for-sale sign on it) on South Park. He is/has stored his equipment in the City Barns after a citizen complained about about him storing his heavy equipment in his own backyard(residential) on Orchard off Ridge, until he finishes his pole barn.
    The same employee whose wifey has job security now after working on Jaworski's campaign, until 2015 (Nothing Personal). He is in very good standing with the City too,because the City also hires his excavation company to do side jobs for them.

Can you imagine if I was still in business, and if I was still a Councilwoman.....and, "The City" purchased all the drinks, for say....the Lackawanna Summer Lunch Program from my store?!?
    Can you imagine........! It is the same concept!

P.S.
    Who was that scared guy again, on here that just put up those video cameras?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information