Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Politics at Polling Places already!

Dirty Politics at Polling Places already!

The cops were already called on Watkins supporters at St. Michael's today claiming they were standing too close to the entrance. They have now been relegated to the curb behind a little yard stake that says "100 feet from polling place".

I didn't see Szymanski supporters standing behind a yard stake...and to be honest they looked closer to the doors than 100 feet. Perhaps the police should give them a stake also? Oh wait they were talking to the Szymanski camp joking about how the cops are gonna have a busy day .

Why are they doing this? Because they are scared! In the past I have seen supporters of both candidates right at the stairs of St. Michael's and sometimes in the hallway.

This is the kind of political pettiness and bullying we can look forward to for the next 4 years if Szymanski wins.

The rules are there for a reason. I'm sure the cops didn't just move Watkin's supporters and allowed Geoff's to stay close. Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    The cops were already called on Watkins supporters at St. Michael's today claiming they were standing too close to the entrance. They have now been relegated to the curb behind a little yard stake that says "100 feet from polling place".

I didn't see Szymanski supporters standing behind a yard stake...and to be honest they looked closer to the doors than 100 feet. Perhaps the police should give them a stake also? Oh wait they were talking to the Szymanski camp joking about how the cops are gonna have a busy day .

Why are they doing this? Because they are scared! In the past I have seen supporters of both candidates right at the stairs of St. Michael's and sometimes in the hallway.

This is the kind of political pettiness and bullying we can look forward to for the next 4 years if Szymanski wins.
    I'd say this is a good time to pull out the phone camera's.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In cheektowaga there were little stake signs that showed the 100 foot mark. That's fair...

There was a man that handed me status quo line to vote for.. I was polite and said thank you. I should have said "Are you nuts?" But I didn't.

Did anybody here anything about the boe there also because one camp was prestamping the ballot sheets I heard this but want to know if its true

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    pre stamping them with what?

Lets leave it at that if its true you will find out with what, if anyone heard it they will say with what I'm just looking for confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    In cheektowaga there were little stake signs that showed the 100 foot mark. That's fair...

There was a man that handed me status quo line to vote for.. I was polite and said thank you. I should have said "Are you nuts?" But I didn't.
    Really? 100 foot markers at all the polling places, what a novel idea. In Lackawanna, they would rather have police and drama scenes.

Since Watkins has to be written in on the ballot, he is handing out rubber stamps with his name on them but they are trying to prestamp ballots for people I guess.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    Really? 100 foot markers at all the polling places, what a novel idea. In Lackawanna, they would rather have police and drama scenes.
    Over time... right?

I feel sorry for children in your community. I'll just say it. Horrible leadership on your council. If 1/2 of what we read about is going on in lackawanna the children are behind an eightball to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    The rules are there for a reason. I'm sure the cops didn't just move Watkin's supporters and allowed Geoff's to stay close. Give me a break.
    Were you there, cause I was there. I'm not saying that both camps shouldn't be 100 feet away...I'm simply saying I've never seen it enforced before. Also, Watkins camp is by the curb behind the sign, but Szymanski's camp is on the other side near the parking lot and I didn't see a 100ft sign near them so I don't know if they are complying.

It's only fair that both parties be behind of sign if that's how they are going to play it. I wish I would have gotten out my phone camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake Up New York View Post
    Did anybody here anything about the boe there also because one camp was prestamping the ballot sheets I heard this but want to know if its true
    I went to talk to Watkins camp when I went to vote because I wanted clarification as to if the "J." had to be written on the ballot. She told me she had a stamp I could take if I wanted to stamp it in and that the stamp had a J. She didn't offer to do it for me or ask for my vote card (which I don't think you can do anyway). I declined the stamp because I didn't need it. There was no talk of pre stamping anything.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post

No but they allow the mayor to roam the Sr Center...while regulating others outside! In Lackawanna they never follow the rules ever so why now?? Gee because you have to write in thats why! Don't want people to know how to do it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
    No but they allow the mayor to roam the Sr Center...while regulating others outside! In Lackawanna they never follow the rules ever so why now?? Gee because you have to write in thats why! Don't want people to know how to do it.
    That's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That's wrong.
    Total bullcrap but that's how this city works and how THEIR games are played! Not an even playing field at all. That's why the city looks like crap! It all starts with the democrats and their decades long reign of incompetence,arrogance and abuse of POWER!!!.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information