Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Corruption

Lackawanna Corruption

Code enforcement officials are corrupted as Ms. Haxton suggested. I've obtained a copy of violations that Joseph Geyer executed. He cited several violations under the NY State Uniform Code Property Maintenance division.

However, when we examined the cited codes, they do not read as Geyer alleges. Either Joseph Geyer is illiterate or corrupted; Either way is doesn't matter, he is going to be arrested soon for filing false instruments.

For example Geyer charged a LA resident with doing electrical work without a permit; the citation reads:

1. Performing electrical work without a permmit as per property maintenance Section 604.1 of the New York State Uniform Code.

The NYS Uniform Code reads: Section 604.1 Facilities required. Every occupied building shall be provided with an electrical system in compliance with the requirements of this section and Section 605 .
    Exception: Owner-occupied, one-family dwellings.

New York State does not require any resident to obtain a permit from the City of Lackawanna to do their own electrical work. Joseph Geyer made several similar false allegations.

It is time to clean house in the City of Lackawanna

Quote Originally Posted by buffalonymann View Post
    Code enforcement officials are corrupted as Ms. Haxton suggested. I've obtained a copy of violations that Joseph Geyer executed. He cited several violations under the NY State Uniform Code Property Maintenance division.

However, when we examined the cited codes, they do not read as Geyer alleges. Either Joseph Geyer is illiterate or corrupted; Either way is doesn't matter, he is going to be arrested soon for filing false instruments.

For example Geyer charged a LA resident with doing electrical work without a permit; the citation reads:

1. Performing electrical work without a permmit as per property maintenance Section 604.1 of the New York State Uniform Code.

The NYS Uniform Code reads: Section 604.1 Facilities required. Every occupied building shall be provided with an electrical system in compliance with the requirements of this section and Section 605 .
    Exception: Owner-occupied, one-family dwellings.

New York State does not require any resident to obtain a permit from the City of Lackawanna to do their own electrical work. Joseph Geyer made several similar false allegations.

It is time to clean house in the City of Lackawanna
    Yep, this tuesday. Time to clean house in the city Lackawanna...Buffalonymann.

Caldwell and Center.jpg

Don't know if this picture will appear maybe I'm doing it wrong but it's of a house on Caldwell and Center that is in deplorable condition. About a month ago I saw the code truck in front of this home while someone was trying to "renovate" the foundation ( which is falling apart). Now I see it's up for sale. Gee, did they bring it up to code??

Caldwell and Center

I see it does appear. This is from Google earth and actually it shows it in better condition than it is now. I know they are a few years behind in their photos.

Post I like what the gal in the Front Page wrote...."Too Little----Too Late!

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyExp View Post
    I see it does appear. This is from Google earth and actually it shows it in better condition than it is now. I know they are a few years behind in their photos.

I rode one of the Democratic Committeemen around on EVERY street in the Center Street section of the First WARD not long after I got in office. We made up a HUGE list of Code Violations from street view and sent them off to Development. I never saw Geoff on the streets and I patrol.....ask anyone.
    I never heard another thing about my/our list, and every time I asked for an update, they said things like, " oh yeah....that's in court or that's going to court ".
    You know what though, there definitely is Selective Enforcement going on, but I don't totally put the blame on the Code guys.........they are on a very short political leash.

The blame for everything , I mean everything, comes out of the Mayor's Office and a certain Department Head that lives in Hamburg. They give the Code guys and the rest their marching orders and if people want to keep their job ......they march hup two ! Can you imagine working under those conditions?!?

There is stuff wrong all over the City.......the City needs to work with people, not beat them down.........but after so long-----the Committee-people who are supposed to be the eyes for the Councilperson in their Ward, and then the City, are responsible for the extended blight! The Committee-person plays a BIG part in the break-down of the Lackawanna neighborhoods, historically they were the people citizens told the issues too and the Councilperson worked with the Mayor/Departments to resolve. Today they have become the Lackawanna "family and friends club" , endorsing who they are told to, and toasting each other at their numerous cocktail parties for getting so and so's kid in. Buffalo is coming down on boarded up buildings on Main Street, we are so used to the blight throughout Lackawanna that some people just accept it.

And then there are those of us who DON'T and won't! November 8th, 2011 is upon us ! Too Little-----Too Late!

Post NOT Everyone.......

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I rode one of the Democratic Committeemen around on EVERY street in the Center Street section of the First WARD not long after I got in office. We made up a HUGE list of Code Violations from street view and sent them off to Development. I never saw Geoff on the streets and I patrol.....ask anyone.
    I never heard another thing about my/our list, and every time I asked for an update, they said things like, " oh yeah....that's in court or that's going to court ".
    You know what though, there definitely is Selective Enforcement going on, but I don't totally put the blame on the Code guys.........they are on a very short political leash.

The blame for everything , I mean everything, comes out of the Mayor's Office and a certain Department Head that lives in Hamburg. They give the Code guys and the rest their marching orders and if people want to keep their job ......they march hup two ! Can you imagine working under those conditions?!?

There is stuff wrong all over the City.......the City needs to work with people, not beat them down.........but after so long-----the Committee-people who are supposed to be the eyes for the Councilperson in their Ward, and then the City, are responsible for the extended blight! The Committee-person plays a BIG part in the break-down of the Lackawanna neighborhoods, historically they were the people citizens told the issues too and the Councilperson worked with the Mayor/Departments to resolve. Today they have become the Lackawanna "family and friends club" , endorsing who they are told to, and toasting each other at their numerous cocktail parties for getting so and so's kid in. Buffalo is coming down on boarded up buildings on Main Street, we are so used to the blight throughout Lackawanna that some people just accept it.

And then there are those of us who DON'T and won't! November 8th, 2011 is upon us ! Too Little-----Too Late!

Do not get me wrong....the Committee-Person I talked about on my ride is sick of the blight too. Others are so deep into being a party foot soldier that they wear their boots to bed!
    I am sure there are people be-holding for jobs and whatever kind of political favor, that had to give their first-born (joke) and hate having to buy cocktail party tickets for the rest of their life too.

If only these folks could get away from the club hounding them I bet they would......November 8th is a good day to take a stand, don't you think?
    There is a big-time political prostitute that rides around a certain part of the City preying on the folks who he thinks he can control because they might not be political savvy. He is even using the "N" word I heard a few weeks back from someone who ran into him shopping. This infuriates me and I might even go to his house to tell him off..........but then again I would never," vengeance is a dish best served cold." The sexist things he used to say to me could be used to destroy his marriage. But then again, his wife would probably be glad to be rid of the old coot!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post

Since you brought that up, the cocktail parties, I went to the facebook pages for Watkins and Syzmanski. What a world of difference between the two! Watkins looks mild and family orientated, Szymanski's looks like a college dorm frat party. Lots of pictures on both to give you the basic mentality of the candidates. Who wants a hard drinking city hall?

Post I could'nt resist looking at it.........

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    Since you brought that up, the cocktail parties, I went to the facebook pages for Watkins and Syzmanski. What a world of difference between the two! Watkins looks mild and family orientated, Szymanski's looks like a college dorm frat party. Lots of pictures on both to give you the basic mentality of the candidates. Who wants a hard drinking city hall?
    This is from his WEB Page......tooo funny, but sadly toooo true.
    Councilman Geoff Szymanski is announcing his candidacy for Mayor of the City of Lackawanna. Citing his vast experiences, he plans on utilizing all of his training toward the betterment of Lackawanna.

“I’ve lived here most of my life and I plan on living here the rest of my life. I want to have as much input as possible in making our city grow and become better. Our city is my number one priority.” “In the coming weeks, I will demonstrate how to be more creative with city spending without reducing our quality of life or the services we expect, enjoy and most importantly – pay for,” concluded Szymanski.

“I have the skills, experiences and personal commitment to lead our city. As Mayor, I will work tirelessly to preserve our citizen’s priorities along with our city’s finances.

Geoff, a 1993 graduate of Lackawanna High School, is the son of Michael “Mickey” and Jane (Wall) Szymanski. He is married to the former Janelle LeBlanc. A decorated US Navy veteran, he holds an Associate’s Degree in Liberal Arts, a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, and is in the process of completing his Master’s Degree in Public Administration. Presently a Lackawanna Councilman, he is on Congressman Higgins’ Military Academy Review Panel. A former Senior Clerk on the Erie County Legislature, he is a member of AFSCME – Local 930 and member of the NRA.

Watch Now: Learn More About Geoff

Follow Me on Facebook

Latest News

“I have a sound plan, the choice for Mayor is clear,” says Szymanski
    Lackawanna needs an educated, experienced and proven full-time leader as our next mayor, says Szymanski
    Szymanski cocktail party a huge success!
    Szymanski for Mayor Headquarters
    People are not fooled by manipulating statements and half-truths, says Geoff Szymanski

What priorities? " A successful cocktail party?!? "
    OMG.......Should't he be running for President or something than Mayor of Lackawanna with all those credentials and accomplishments?
    But then again, Walter Winchell the famous radio days commentator is reportedly famous for saying, : He would rather be Mayor of Lackawanna than President of the United States " ........................meaning

Thumbs down Dennis Koziol Is a liar

As a registered Independent I recieved a letter yesterday from Dennis Koziol saying to vote for John Gorman. It says that Jon Gorman recieved the local endorsement (which isn't true) and was overuled by the state. I am sick and tired of this no good clown Koziol lying about endorsements etc. etc.. Reality is that this flip flopper switched his party to Conservative several weeks ago along with his posse to take over that party eventually after Billy Delmont is done. So why is he saying he's the Independence Chairman? He's nothing! All endorsements come from the state committee due to corruption and infilitration in the local committee by the local democrats and those loyal to them under Len Linehan. Which means since Koziol is backing Gorman he was/is one of the corrupted people in that party. Furthermore Koziol is looking for a water authority job for his kid. Fran Warthling's term is up next and I would say Good Ol' Fran is trying to save his job so he has his pal Koziol do his dirty work for him. If this city really wants to do in the Democratic Machine vote for anyone other than Gorman as Warthling's power will diminish and hopefully he will be gone! This is like Andrea Haxton says "POLITRICKS" as it finest. This is low really low.
    Last edited by bluethunder; November 6th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.

People need to know about this Koziol. He's no damn good. I am glad someone else sees the light!

Received the same letter. Reread it, odd, thought I missed something. As far as the water authority jobs, Jim Sieracki pulled strings a few months back to get his nephew a desk job at the water authority.

Its about jobs with all of these guys. Hell with the citizens. What's in it for me? Sickening.

Don't you just love the way this Koziol panders to Warthling. Someone needs to challenge him before he gets the Conservative Chairman's job in Lackawanna!

Heaven forbid someone else takes over the Conservative Party. How many jobs did Delmont hand out to the
    politically connected during his reign over the Conservative Party? He didn't just take care of his supporters, he took care of their whole families!!! He didn't get the nickname, "The Weasel", for nothing.

Post And........!

[QUOTE=blahblahblah;815306]Heaven forbid someone else takes over the Conservative Party. How many jobs did Delmont hand out to the
    politically connected during his reign over the Conservative Party? He didn't just take care of his supporters, he took care of their whole families!!! He didn't get the nickname, "The Weasel", for nothing.[/QUOTE]

" Weasel "? Why? Where did that come from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information