Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna's "Needs Assessment"

Lackawanna's "Needs Assessment"

I know that there have been all sorts of surveys over the years of the various wards in Lackawanna - Look what's happening in Buffalo's Old First Ward today. Maybe it's a good idea to do the same in our City...what do you think?

..........University at Buffalo undergraduate students will conduct a one-day, house-to-house survey of the Commodore Perry neighborhood in Buffalo's Old First Ward from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The needs assessment survey, in which residents will be asked about the health care support services they value, is part of a planning initiative by the UB Center for Urban Studies, the Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

The data obtained through the survey will be used to produce a redevelopment plan for the neighborhood, which will be submitted to HUD as part of a competitive grant application aimed at garnering federal funds dedicated to helping economically distressed neighborhoods...........

I wonder why they dont do a survey in Hamburg, Orchard Park, Williamsville, Grand Island, or the working middle class who are struggling to make ends meat and ask them what health care support services they like paying for !!!

Post Suggestion: Make some calls!

Quote Originally Posted by Wake Up New York View Post
    I wonder why they dont do a survey in Hamburg, Orchard Park, Williamsville, Grand Island, or the working middle class who are struggling to make ends meat and ask them what health care support services they like paying for !!!
    Great idea!
    Lots of folks feeling that pain, especially small business owners. Start the ball running by calling these same people or better yet, drive over to Buffalo Commodore Perry Development, seek these folks out going door to door and ask them. Call them Monday, whatever it takes to get the ball rolling.

We have had many surveys done in Lackawanna over the past few years , ie. $10,000 was spent by LCDC in 2006 for a study that determined, Yes Lackawanna needs a Community Center. There is one going on right now by the John Oishei Foundation seeking out the needs of the people in Lackawanna. I will get you the gal's number but it will take a minute, I have run out to take a friend shopping now.

Time for people to get involved.......join Geoff's Block Clubs too!

Well Andrea with Geoff in and Jaworski soon to be gone I sure hope you will knock on Geoff's door to see if you can use your education to request overseeing the summer playground/lunch program?

Chuck's sister, Linda Muldoon living in South Buffalo, has held that job for several years but now with Chuck out the door let's see if the door will swing in favor of a Lackawannan......

Let's see if you can get this job for yourself........hope you are moving on this!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Everyone knows what Lackawanna "needs". It is now time for the leadership to steer the ship in the right direction. Can it be done? With 2 new council members there is always hope for the future!

Interesting....seems like Chuck got alot when he was there...don't ya think Andrea....and of course your friend will know that she worked in the council office for many years......

Seems like Andrea .....girl you need a change........you talk alot but never say anything....insted of talking back and forth to the few who do the same with you....why don't you come up with something that will help Lackawanna and finally prove that you can.....like Mrs. Szymanski used to do with all her work making Lackawanna beautiful working on all the flowers she planted....she did it and was twice as old as you...get going and do it....show the people you can do something....then maybe you will get some votes............

Some...I mean just a few people here have alot of time on their hands.......get off the computer and do something that will help this city.......no one really wants to listen to your ranting............I mean do you have families to care for or homes to work on........anyone from another part of the country that is reading your bologny would think Lackawanna is the worst place to live......maybe that's why Watkins lives in Hamburg !...now that was a joker....he tries that again he will be on video tape by professionals................then splain dat to the NYS Dept. of Education....committing fraud..............adios teaching license...ck it out ladies.........and Watkins says "If we don't see change"...this coming from someone with an education and religion !!....sounds a bit radical and racist to me and many others who read the paper....he should splain that to the people of ALL of Lackawanna.......The PEOPLE spoke...NO WATKINS...

"splain"? English please? Change, NYS Department of Education will NOT care where Watkins lives. How is that committing fraud? Half of the teachers, superintendent, etc. do NOT live in Lackawanna and it is not fraud. Ask the Board, maybe they can "splain" it to you in English. This city never ceases to amaze me with their lack of knowledge or their ability to speak properly. Maybe Watkins has an opening in his sixth grade class for you!

If we don't see change what? You hold people accountable? What is so radical about that?

Where is the "splanation"? Embarrassing Change 2011, plain embarrassment! here is "splanation', Lackawanna education!!!!

LOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive never laughed so hard in my life

Post While YOU are on the subject.......

Quote Originally Posted by Change2011 View Post
    Seems like Andrea .....girl you need a change........you talk alot but never say anything....insted of talking back and forth to the few who do the same with you....why don't you come up with something that will help Lackawanna and finally prove that you can.....like Mrs. Szymanski used to do with all her work making Lackawanna beautiful working on all the flowers she planted....she did it and was twice as old as you...get going and do it....show the people you can do something....then maybe you will get some votes............
    " show the people you can do something "...." then maybe you will get some votes ".......... Am I in a contest with the Szymanski's now? If so, Bring It, let's go!

I like Mickey Szymanski, known since we were teens...........Jane I don't remember meeting over the years-- who is 116 years old now, ........this is NOTHING personal against anyone of them or their numerous career political Lackawanna relatives.
    How old are you changeyourdiaper? Let's keep this real.
    SO:
    Mickey Szymanski, Geoffs' Father was Lackawanna Youth Director for 20 years, sorry but I have not heard of one youth who remembers him---And his Mother planted beautiful flowers. Where and where are they now?
    I can show YOU pictures of our First Ward clean-up and the flower boxes we planted a few years back. And the Beth Park one. And the other First Ward clean-up two years back that a gal from the Erie Co. Env. and Planning did with me at Bauder Playground. I started the Women's Bocce League under Ralph G. many years ago, and have headed the Beth Park Halloween Parade for the past 20 years, involved with all of St. Anthony's functions.
    I got more.

NOT tooting my horn, but everything I ever did/do is solely done because I like to be involved, and for the Betterment of the City of Lackawanna , OUR posterity. What do you and your family volunteer ( I know YOU are on the City paycheck ), to do for Lackawanna? Why beat someone else up for trying to help?
    There is not enough gigabytes on any computer to hold what I have accomplished and attempted to do to improve the City of Lackawanna!

I will go down in history as the First woman in Lackawanna's history, ELECTED by the people to serve on the Lackawanna City Council. Plant That!

Quote Originally Posted by Change2011 View Post
    I asked about this a few years ago....What do any of those slugs at city hall who collect a paycheck do for the city for FREE?.....tell me about the leader leading the charge for volunteerism in Lackawanna.....are they helping the kids?...church...library..elderly...Do any of them give back to the city, or do they just take, take take??? I/my family have volunteered (that means you do something for others without expecting anything in return)....for over 25 years, it costs us money out of our own pocket to help organizations...sometimes you don't have a choice because if you stop doing it, it would collapse. So please....fill me in on the benevolent side of Lackawanna city hall...Szymaski says he scouts youth football players..good for him...what do the rest do for this city??? It all just proves that they don't love the city...just the paycheck/s it gives them...imo, the ceo has done just the opposite and has displayed a public contempt for the citizens he represents...it comes across loud and clear every time he squeaks to the tv cameras...

Philanthropy etymologically means "the love of humanity"—love in the sense of caring for, nourishing, developing, or enhancing; humanity in the sense of "what it is to be human," or "human potential." In modern practical terms, it is "private initiatives for public good, focusing on quality of life"—balancing the social-scientific aspect emphasized in the 20th century, with the long-traditional and original humanist core of the word's ancient coinage. This formulation distinguishes it from business (private initiatives for private good, focusing on material prosperity) and government (public initiatives for public good, focusing on law and order).

OH yeah, I forgot to add...WHAT DO YOU DO TO VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME AND MONEY.....TOMS?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information