Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Next Town Councilmen??? Hicks/Osmanski Wirth/Nagy

Yes, I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    And you people want to elect republican/School board Dan Nagy and BW who spends more time in Wally's office than anyone? Let's just ask Paul Clark to make a run with Hicks and Osmanski. We need businessmen/women, not a career politician, running off someone's name, and no association with the current board and especially not the school board.

-Strong Businessmen/Women
    -Highly Educated (I believe Bachelor's is a must, perhaps a masters)
    -Honest
    -Clean Record/No questionable past
    -Not associated with the current board or any group in this town
    -Keeps promises
    -Does what is right for the town not for their family or friends

++++

Experience along with a willingness to learn more, and a seasoned and proven track record in administrative management, along with the ability to network are all good qualities in any prospective candidate. The charge that past experience or past practice somehow should disqualifies someone is ludicrous and dismisses the candidates ability to build on their strengths.

If you simply don't like these men, then just say so.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    And you people want to elect republican/School board Dan Nagy and BW who spends more time in Wally's office than anyone? Let's just ask Paul Clark to make a run with Hicks and Osmanski. We need businessmen/women, not a career politician, running off someone's name, and no association with the current board and especially not the school board.

-Strong Businessmen/Women
    -Highly Educated (I believe Bachelor's is a must, perhaps a masters)
    -Honest
    -Clean Record/No questionable past
    -Not associated with the current board or any group in this town
    -Keeps promises
    -Does what is right for the town not for their family or friends

Business sense is a plus. Education sounds good, but it's really a feel good qualification (unless it was a financial background). Honesty is always appreciated, but how do you measure it? Agreed on the record, but as has been mentioned, many have made mistakes. No associations would be a plus, but with a Town this small it will never happen. Promise keeping and politician don't mix. Agreed on the last point.

While I agree with most of your criteria, I do find it funny that you mention "republican". As if that matters one iota. How have the democrats done for NY as a whole, and West Seneca specifically? No need to answer, it's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Business sense is a plus. Education sounds good, but it's really a feel good qualification (unless it was a financial background). Honesty is always appreciated, but how do you measure it? Agreed on the record, but as has been mentioned, many have made mistakes. No associations would be a plus, but with a Town this small it will never happen. Promise keeping and politician don't mix. Agreed on the last point.

While I agree with most of your criteria, I do find it funny that you mention "republican". As if that matters one iota. How have the democrats done for NY as a whole, and West Seneca specifically? No need to answer, it's obvious.
    May I remind everyone that we DO NOT or HAVE WE HAD democrats,republicans, or independence party members elected. WS has always been one big happy family. Just ask the FATMAN, RALPH and the GREENANS.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Psycho1 is my choice for town council. Independent minded, can't be bought, and would not be a lacky.

This town is so 'democratic', and thus the primary is so important, there is a whole group of disinfranchised republican voters who got no say in the choice of supervisor for instance. The election law should be changed to allow cross party voting in primaries.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information