Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Town Councilmen??? Hicks/Osmanski Wirth/Nagy

Next Town Councilmen??? Hicks/Osmanski Wirth/Nagy

Wouldn't that be interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by be true to yourself
    In my opinion Hicks and Osmanski had their chance.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

I think Chris Osmanski deserves credit for leading the effort to get the Town of West Seneca up to the 21st Century with a Comprehensive Plan. It was the only visionary action of the Town Board in my recent recollection. A lot of benefits could be brought to the Town if the Comprehensive Plan were followed and updated periodically with public involvement. The Comprehensive Plan could provide a framework for analyzing such expenditures as ice rinks, senior centers, sewer improvements, other capital projects as well as projects proposed by others. The Plan reflects a collective vision for the residents - to have a Town government that provides the services and quality of life we seek. Chris Osmanski had to swim up stream against a lot of inertia to get that Plan funded, developed and then passed.

Another person who deserves recognition for her efforts is Christina Bove. She not only supported the Comprehensive Plan but she has been a consistent "student" of land use, environmental, water quality and community issues that we have dealt with in the West Seneca Environmental Commission. She is the only Town Board or Planning Board member to have attended all of the SEQRA, Subdivison, and Water Quality workshops. (Osmanski and Paul Notaro attended one or two, also.) She also, I might add, is the groundbreaking Town Board member who ran and won without being in the "club" that dominates West Seneca politics. No family members employed by the Town or any local government, no relatives manipulating the backroom deals, just good old fashioned work for the people who elected her.

In my opinion, it is very important that the Town Board members have the intellectual capacity to understand the nuances of the Town Board's power to regulate for the "health, safety and welfare" of the Town's residents, as well as an ethical motivation for seeking office.

Mr. Osmanski does deserve a lot of credit for his efforts and success with regards to the comprehensive plan. I believe that this has truly started a process of planning development that was long over due.

I was quite proud of the Town Board in denying a project that would have involved rezoning that would have been inconsistent with the comprehensive plan.

The Town Board as of late is actually discussing and debating the issues of the town and it is quite refreshing.

My comment about Mr. Osmanski and Mr. Hicks was not a comment on their respective performance while in office. However, in the time when the voters seek change they are perceived as representing the status quo.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    Mr. Osmanski does deserve a lot of credit for his efforts and success with regards to the comprehensive plan. I believe that this has truly started a process of planning development that was long over due.

I was quite proud of the Town Board in denying a project that would have involved rezoning that would have been inconsistent with the comprehensive plan.

The Town Board as of late is actually discussing and debating the issues of the town and it is quite refreshing.

My comment about Mr. Osmanski and Mr. Hicks was not a comment on their respective performance while in office. However, in the time when the voters seek change they are perceived as representing the status quo.
    Are you kidding me? Osmanski? Reading that post, I threw up in my mouth

Hicks and Osmanski were the the two horrible councilmembers. Probably the worst of all-time in WS. The only time they did anything was when they were up for re-election. They were puppets. Osmanski handed out old halloween candy trying to get re-elected. He did nothing for this town in positive way in my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture
    Well you should stop eating those Dunkin Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture

Hicks and Osmanski were the the two horrible councilmembers. Probably the worst of all-time in WS. The only time they did anything was when they were up for re-election. They were puppets. Osmanski handed out old halloween candy trying to get re-elected. He did nothing for this town in positive way in my own opinion.
    Are you saying Mr. Osmanski did not work in favor of the comprehensive plan?

Regardless of your opinion on a persons record as whole does not preclude giving credit where credit is due. To do so would just harm your own credibility.

We know Osmanski/Hicks and Brian Wirth..but Who is Nagy? Please ...do tell.

My thought is: fresh new, honest, board members would be wonderful.

Reading all the articles in the Bee and the News....every single member looks crazy. Between yelling at each other at public meetings, doing a 360 on votes within a 6 month period, tabling items, allowing whooping and hallowing from the audience - Its disturbing. I have attended several meetings, therefore, this is not a rumor, but the truth.

As a taxpayer,....please for the sake of West Seneca (which is a great town) get your acts together.

Why don't the board member videotape the meetings -look at it after the meeting, maybe than you can act more than adults.

[QUOTE=dtwarren]

QUOTE]

Maybe the Comprehensive plan.
    But how do you explain a no vote one month than a yes vote a couple of months later on the same item? We need strong leaders that will make a decision and stand by it.

Not change their minds.
    and
    Not yell at one another in public.

I re-call very professional acting leaders when Osmanski/Hicks were in place. Not the chaos and lack of respect for each other that goes on at every single board meeting.

We need to Protect West Seneca and not allow "child like" behavior to continue.

[QUOTE=Protect West Seneca]
    Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren

QUOTE]

Maybe the Comprehensive plan.
    But how do you explain a no vote one month than a yes vote a couple of months later on the same item? We need strong leaders that will make a decision and stand by it.

Not change their minds.
    and
    Not yell at one another in public.

I re-call very professional acting leaders when Osmanski/Hicks were in place. Not the chaos and lack of respect for each other that goes on at every single board meeting.

We need to Protect West Seneca and not allow "child like" behavior to continue.
    Part of discussion and public debate is to form one's opinion on how one should vote on an issue. People change their minds all the time based on new information or changes in the issue, if one cannot listen to new information and observe changes and then objectively re-analyze their position and act, then they are of no use as an elected representative.

after tonights meeting......nagy/wirth........or..........hicks/osmanski would be refreshing to win election next year.

So would Donald Duck!

after tonights meeting......nagy/wirth........or..........hicks/osmanski would be refreshing to win election next year.
    I'd prefer Nagy/Wirth, however!

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival
    I'd prefer Nagy/Wirth, however!
    were you there tonight?? Sad.

Wirth is Brian - correct?

Who is Nagy ??

As far as Osmanski and Hicks....the voters spoke already. I agree with you.

Yes- and it made me sick to my stomach!

Quote Originally Posted by Protect West Seneca
    were you there tonight?? Sad.

Wirth is Brian - correct?

Who is Nagy ??

As far as Osmanski and Hicks....the voters spoke already. I agree with you.
    +++

Very sad, indeed.

Yes, it's Brian- what an upstanding young man.

Actually I don't know Nagy, but if he's coupled with Brian then I'm in his corner!

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival
    +++

Very sad, indeed.

Yes, it's Brian- what an upstanding young man.

Actually I don't know Nagy, but if he's coupled with Brian then I'm in his corner!
    I agree with you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information