Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bove Graber health Ins. Town Employees?

PO'd

Man, why is my work schedule taking me away from all of the good stuff.

In reading all of the posts, and other relevant news on this subject, it is apparent the fault lies squarely with the Supervisor, and Comptroller, both current and former. This type of situation should never have occurred, and all parties need to take responsibility. But, as is always the case it will be be finger pointing, name calling, and grandiose speeches form our "leaders". (I use the term very loosely) The fact remains, however, all involved will engage in the "not my fault" attitude.

So, to all of our "leaders", regardless of who's camp you're in, and I know you're reading this or having it read to you...
    GROW THE HELL UP AND ACT LIKE ADULTS!

It's time to stop all of the BS, name calling, finger pointing, etc., and work for the people paying your salary. THE PEOPLE OF WEST SENECA!

Wally, get over yourself and get off your high horse. You are not the king!
    Vince, get that chip off your shoulder, overcome your Napoleonic syndrome, and remember Paul's not in charge anymore.
    Tina, you lost, OK? Now, you where a part of the last administration, and the "I couldn't fight the machine" attitude is getting old. You could have stood up to PC if you wanted to, but you didn't.
    Sheila, you can't get by with a smile and a flip of the hair anymore. So stop trying! Tell daddy he doesn't live here anymore, so butt out.
    Dale, I don't know what to say. Several of us who supported you are sorely disappointed, and you know who we are.

As for who is considering a run for a seat on the Town Board next year...
    count me in!!! I will run, with only campaign contributions from citizens, and no more than $100. I will not accept money from anyone who does business with, or comes before the board on a regular basis, i.e. Ralph Lorigo, Marrano Builders, etc. I will only accept endorsements, but not money, from groups with the understanding that I will work for ALL of the people of WS, and not just those who benefit through their employment with Town, i.e. CSEA members, Police, or groups such as Athletic organizations, Senior Citizens, etc.

This all may give me a snowballs chance in hell, but, I challenge anyone else considering a run to follow the same guidelines. It's time someone stood up for all of the citizens of WS, and not just a chosen few.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    As for who is considering a run for a seat on the Town Board next year...count me in!!!
    Is Lucky Larry going to be your running mate ?
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    Is Lucky Larry going to be your running mate ?
    NO! I'm in this alone.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

count me in!!! I will run, with only campaign contributions from citizens, and no more than $100. I will not accept money from anyone who does business with, or comes before the board on a regular basis, i.e. Ralph Lorigo, Marrano Builders, etc. I will only accept endorsements, but not money, from groups with the understanding that I will work for ALL of the people of WS, and not just those who benefit through their employment with Town, i.e. CSEA members, Police, or groups such as Athletic organizations, Senior Citizens, etc.

This all may give me a snowballs chance in hell, but, I challenge anyone else considering a run to follow the same guidelines. It's time someone stood up for all of the citizens of WS, and not just a chosen few.

It's time to stop all of the BS, name calling, finger pointing, etc., and work for the people paying your salary. THE PEOPLE OF WEST SENECA!
    I wish you luck. I don't think it would really cost that much money either. If you are a committeeman, there are probably some helpers there. If you are vol fireman, probably some helpers there. Come from a large family, some helpers there. Active in church, again, some helpers. Can't judge how much support from the speakupers. If you have a business, or recognizable name or family name from past political office, that is a plus. Member of the CSEA, a plus. Then some door to door, and front lawn signage. The cost of signage, probably not that much. Maybe a flyer. At he poling booth, some pens, pencils, or candy plus someone to hand them out and to ask for their vote, and you got more than a snowballs chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    Who is to say that this is the reason? From what I hear this issue arose while Mr. Graber was acting in his capacity as interim supervisor while Mr. Piotrowski was on vacation.
    All of you, remember something on election day 2009 - which two town board members were on the Town Board back in August of 2008??? Which two should have done something last year in regards to the health insurance?? Many say the town board has to look after department heads in town, what about looking after ALL the employees?? Which two members have flip/flopped because they want to go against the supervisor...even when they agree with what the supervisor is doing??

Man, why is my work schedule taking me away from all of the good stuff.

In reading all of the posts, and other relevant news on this subject, it is apparent the fault lies squarely with the Supervisor, and Comptroller, both current and former. This type of situation should never have occurred, and all parties need to take responsibility. But, as is always the case it will be be finger pointing, name calling, and grandiose speeches form our "leaders". (I use the term very loosely) The fact remains, however, all involved will engage in the "not my fault" attitude.

So, to all of our "leaders", regardless of who's camp you're in, and I know you're reading this or having it read to you...
    GROW THE HELL UP AND ACT LIKE ADULTS!

Wally, get over yourself and get off your high horse. You are not the king!
    Vince, get that chip off your shoulder, overcome your Napoleonic syndrome, and remember Paul's not in charge anymore.
    Tina, you lost, OK? Now, you where a part of the last administration, and the "I couldn't fight the machine" attitude is getting old. You could have stood up to PC if you wanted to, but you didn't.
    Sheila, you can't get by with a smile and a flip of the hair anymore. So stop trying! Tell daddy he doesn't live here anymore, so butt out.
    Dale, I don't know what to say. Several of us who supported you are sorely disappointed, and you know who we are.

Hope to see your name on the ballot.

You have to be a better candidate than what we see at board meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by be true to yourself
    Many say the town board has to look after department heads in town, what about looking after ALL the employees??
    I think this is called micromanagement. Normally, the department heads deal directly with the employees, and report to the board on need of termination, advancement, retirement, etc. Sometimes this is done in private, and sometimes in public session. But, the board could be more directly involved in the day to day like fetching garbage bags and such.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information