Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bove Graber health Ins. Town Employees?

Bove Graber health Ins. Town Employees?

Bove & Graber,

Last nights' board meeting was a disgrace. ALL of you should grow up.

One hard question came to mind for me, as the two of you were pointing fingers. Seeing you were the ONLY two on the board prior to Jan 08. -

How did you two let the health insurance lapse from August - December? ?and then from December until now??Shame on both of you.

VOTERS- remember they are both up for re-election next year.

As a taxpayer, I hope NOT to see you on the ballot.

Just so I am clear on this was this brought to their attention before now and they failed to act? I ask because under Town Law §§ 29, 34 the responsibility for the disbursement of funds rests with the Supervisor and Comptroller. It was only at the last Town Board meeting was there a resolution passed that required a copy of any communication to the Supervisor to be provided to the Town Board members.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

4UWS

Ensuring families get health insurance, is a heroic act!

A disgrace? Correcting a 4 million dollars blunder and ensuring people get health insurance, is a heroic act! A disgrace is the deceit around the Ice Rink! Where are my kids going to play hockey? Wally is hiding stuff from us and the public again! Is the ice rink going to open? Please tell us the facts for a change Mr. P!!!!!

People were not going to lose their health insurance!

Mr. Graber wants you to believe that employees were going to lose their insurance so Wally would look bad. There was no way that was going to happen. BC/BS has to give the town 30 days notice before withdrawing their coverage. Wally knew that and was trying to get the best rate he could. That was a lot of grandstanding on Graber's part!

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    Just so I am clear on this was this brought to their attention before now and they failed to act? I ask because under Town Law §§ 29, 34 the responsibility for the disbursement of funds rests with the Supervisor and Comptroller. It was only at the last Town Board meeting was there a resolution passed that required a copy of any communication to the Supervisor to be provided to the Town Board members.
    "brought to their attention"..isn't it the Town Board's job to make certain things like this do not "fall through the cracks"??

If you ask me Bove and Graber should NEVER run for public office again. They both make many of us mortified that we live in what used to be a nice, peaceful place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    Mr. Graber wants you to believe that employees were going to lose their insurance so Wally would look bad. There was no way that was going to happen. BC/BS has to give the town 30 days notice before withdrawing their coverage. Wally knew that and was trying to get the best rate he could. That was a lot of grandstanding on Graber's part!
    Interesting....your right. MR. GRABER time for you to hang it up and leave us in peace. Grow up !! You brought attention to something you let fall through the cracks. We are taxpayers should be doing performance evaluations on all of you......you would fail.

Quote Originally Posted by be true to yourself
    "brought to their attention"..isn't it the Town Board's job to make certain things like this do not "fall through the cracks"??

If you ask me Bove and Graber should NEVER run for public office again. They both make many of us mortified that we live in what used to be a nice, peaceful place to live.
    No it is not the Town Boards job to monitor the day to day operations. It is their job to set policy, make appropriations, authorize expenditures and address issues of public concern that has been brought to their attention. It is the Supervisor and the Comptroller that is responsible for day to day operations and disbursement of funds that are not inconsistent with the appropriations and expenditures authorized by the Town Board.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by be true to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    No it is not the Town Boards job to monitor the day to day operations. It is their job to set policy, make appropriations, authorize expenditures and address issues of public concern that has been brought to their attention. It is the Supervisor and the Comptroller that is responsible for day to day operations and disbursement of funds that are not inconsistent with the appropriations and expenditures authorized by the Town Board.
    Interesting in how DT just gave be true a civics lesson on how it was her hero WP who was the one who should never run for public office again. It was he who let the insurance premium fall through a six month crack, not Bove and Graber. It is always fun to see a post come back to bite a poster in their you know where. Fun how his supporters try to cover for his incompetence by saying he knew he had a six month window before the insurance company canceled, and in the mean time he was searching for a better rate. Incompetence is incompetence. Call a spade a spade.

Call a spade a spade!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Interesting in how DT just gave be true a civics lesson on how it was her hero WP who was the one who should never run for public office again. It was he who let the insurance premium fall through a six month crack, not Bove and Graber. It is always fun to see a post come back to bite a poster in their you know where. Fun how his supporters try to cover for his incompetence by saying he knew he had a six month window before the insurance company canceled, and in the mean time he was searching for a better rate. Incompetence is incompetence. Call a spade a spade.

So Manuel, let me get this straight- Wally is responsible but Bove and Graber are not. They have been in office longer than Wally but they should take none of the fault. What a screwed up idea that is. You make no sense at all. Maybe Bove and Graber should have done something last year when the payments went unpaid for the last six months of 2007, but nooooo they are never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    So Manuel, let me get this straight- Wally is responsible but Bove and Graber are not. They have been in office longer than Wally but they should take none of the fault. What a screwed up idea that is. You make no sense at all. Maybe Bove and Graber should have done something last year when the payments went unpaid for the last six months of 2007, but nooooo they are never wrong.
    I can only guess that you are kidding. Did you not comprehend what DT told you. I think he said that council members were responsible for authorizing expenditures and setting policy, but it was the comptroller and supervisor's responsibility to actually implement the policy decisions, and make expenditures. In other words, it seems Bove and Graber are willing, and would have been willing to authorize expenditure for insurance premium. The supervisor, ie Wally P, either ignored their authorization, or did not present it to them for their authorization. In other words, Wally P is the incompetent who is responsible for lack of payment. Your not understanding that compromises your credibility, ie do you and be true understand what you are talking about?

4UWS

a copy all his mail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    I can only guess that you are kidding. Did you not comprehend what DT told you. I think he said that council members were responsible for authorizing expenditures and setting policy, but it was the comptroller and supervisor's responsibility to actually implement the policy decisions, and make expenditures. In other words, it seems Bove and Graber are willing, and would have been willing to authorize expenditure for insurance premium. The supervisor, ie Wally P, either ignored their authorization, or did not present it to them for their authorization. In other words, Wally P is the incompetent who is responsible for lack of payment. Your not understanding that compromises your credibility, ie do you and be true understand what you are talking about?
    Bove and Graber only knew about the termination of health insurance because they required Wallace C. P… to copy all his mail and send it to the entire board.

Quote Originally Posted by 4UWS
    Bove and Graber only knew about the termination of health insurance because they required Wallace C. P… to copy all his mail and send it to the entire board.
    Who is to say that this is the reason? From what I hear this issue arose while Mr. Graber was acting in his capacity as interim supervisor while Mr. Piotrowski was on vacation.

The insurance would have been paid if WP was using it instead of taking the money and using his wife's health insurance plan. The broker told everyone at that board meeting that WP was notified at the beginning of June that payment needed to be made and he ignored both the broker he hired (without board knowledge) and the letter from BC/BS that coverage would not exist after July 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by leavintown
    The insurance would have been paid if WP was using it instead of taking the money and using his wife's health insurance plan. The broker told everyone at that board meeting that WP was notified at the beginning of June that payment needed to be made and he ignored both the broker he hired (without board knowledge) and the letter from BC/BS that coverage would not exist after July 31st.
    The story keeps getting juicier and juicier. I love how we are getting further and further from 'the former administration' WP is not only providing no better, but worse performance than anything previous. It is also fun to see how OTR, BTTY, and Snow White have absolutely no comeback. Would love to hear them spindoctor this story.

4UWS

Seems to me that Wallace C. P.. has excluded the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by leavintown

Seems to me that Wallace C. P... has excluded the truth.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/396447.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information