Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WNYRez started this: This had to be it's own thread! Thank you Andrea...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here. What in God's name would either camp gain by tampering with those ballots? 10 votes? A chance at making the other side look corrupt? I'm sure neither candidate was involved in such a act of stupidity. I bet whoever is behind it regrets it dearly as I'm sure it's gonna cost them their job and reputation.
    I agree with you... There would be no reason for either Chris or Mark to do this seeing both would be watched for anything like that.

But now you can see the mentality of some people who are involved in our election process.

I would say no jail time. It will just end up costing the tax payer.. Public apology and they can never work for the board of elections or any tax payer funded position. There are bigger fish to fry.

They need to give out jail time to make a point that this will never be tolerated ever. Maybe then people will learn not to tamper with the process.

Post Can't Wait!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    They need to give out jail time to make a point that this will never be tolerated ever. Maybe then people will learn not to tamper with the process.

Do you think an apology would suffice if I was the one caught behind this dastardly deed?

I had to stop in the BOE this morning, I know it is Monday but the atmosphere appeared very somber indeed.........very!

I just can't wait to hear what-who is behind the nonsense of it all....... ??? What if the ballots were marked in Lackawanna and then called in as marked already as some kind of a ploy ....for what? I still don't get the nature of the nonsense other than it was a real stupid move by whoever to cause harm to whomever! Ch2 tonight at 5pm said they will have more on the breaking story!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    There might be a few other breaking stories on the news tonight about other people taking advantage of our system. Gonna be good

Post Yepper!........ " Gonna be good "!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    There might be a few other breaking stories on the news tonight about other people taking advantage of our system. Gonna be good
    City & Region » The Buffalo News: Politics

Democratic worker
    eyed after copies were premarked for Collins

Board clerk is focus in ballot tampering
    By Robert J. McCarthy

NEWS POLITICAL REPORTER

Published:October 27, 2011, 12:00 AM

Investigators probing tampered absentee ballots marked for Republican County Executive Chris Collins are now focusing on a Democratic clerk at the Erie County Board of Elections, according to several sources familiar with the situation.

Though an arrest in the case was termed “imminent” Friday by Undersheriff Mark N. Wipperman after detectives from the Erie County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the board, spokeswoman Mary Murray on Wednesday would only say that the investigation is continuing and that nothing can now be confirmed or denied.

“We plan on making an arrest in the near future,” Murray said. “Until then, we will analyze the evidence and put together a solid case while conferring with the district attorney.”

Collins spokesman Stefan Mychajliw last week blamed Democratic county executive candidate Mark C. Poloncarz for “irrational zeal to blame others” via Twitter messages aimed at the Collins campaign. Poloncarz has since backed off his original assertions.

But sheriff’s investigators also emphasized last week that they did not suspect the tampering was linked in any way to the campaigns of either Collins or Poloncarz.

And while highly placed political sources say an expected campaign appearance on behalf of Poloncarz by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo was post-

poned Wednesday because of the continuing probe, a spokesman for the governor said Cuomo is “unequivocally” committed to the visit toward the end of the campaign.

“He is still coming and coordinating with the campaign on the timing of the visit,” said the spokesman, who asked not to be identified.

The tampering case centers around at least 10 ballots mailed to absentee voters in Lackawanna who complained they were already marked for Collins on either the Republican or Independence lines. After an internal probe, board officials last week called in sheriff’s investigators when they suspected election fraud had been committed.

While the board employee under scrutiny in the probe had not reported to work for several days, board sources indicate the clerk produced a doctor’s note authorizing the absence.

Republican Elections Commissioner Ralph M. Mohr said last week that the situation is puzzling because the handful of bipartisan employees who had access to the ballots as they were prepared for mailing were in each other’s presence, and any tampering attempt would have been noticed. He said that neither political campaign had access to the ballots and that the small number in question— 10 out of approximately 10,000 — could make virtually no difference in the outcome of the election.

rmccarthy@buffnews.com

This is crazy, Cuomo is basically postponing his visit due to ill -timing because Colonpartz' false claim about Coliins is too fresh in our memories!

Cuomo: Let's wait awhile, maybe they will also forget that Mark wants to hire more public sector employees despite what I said last week that we simply cannot afford that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Democratic worker eyed after copies were premarked for Collins
    once again it's just one person not the "democrats"..... There are a lot of people registered democrats that wouldn't approve of what our "core group of local democratic party members" do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information