Thread: Hamburg School Board

Hamburg School Board

Who are you voting for?

If I lived there, I wouldnt vote for the incumbents. How can you not know you have a huge budget gap? Isnt that what you were elected to do?

The state report stated the former supt told them they would dip into their reserves (like over $850,000) but that money turned out to not be there. So that makes them $1.7 Mil in debt. It's supposed to now be down to around $300,000. It shows that since they all know the facts they are making it better. There is one guy Greg Wilczak (sp) who has kids in the school who I'd vote for. If you have kids in the school, then you have a "vested" interest in the system. Not sure who else has kids in the school. The board did boot one of the people who kept the info from them. At least they are righting a wrong once they found out about it.

It is still pretty shady to me. They should of been proactive, not reactive. Arent your taxes going up big time this year to close that budget gap?

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    It is still pretty shady to me. They should of been proactive, not reactive. Arent your taxes going up big time this year to close that budget gap?
    C'mon Crabby, no one has been proactive in this area for 50+ years, why start now??

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson
    C'mon Crabby, no one has been proactive in this area for 50+ years, why start now??

that's for sure. Look at what they are doing in Lancaster. Taxes will go way up!!

I believe once they found out the truth, they became proactive. Rumor is that they were receiving bogus info from former Supt and President who resigned. Once they got the truth they worked it down to under $300K. New Supt I do know is very open and honest. The teachers say he is very pro children. Whoever has any info on other candidates post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe

I believe once they found out the truth, they became proactive. Rumor is that they were receiving bogus info from former Supt and President who resigned. Once they got the truth they worked it down to under $300K. New Supt I do know is very open and honest. The teachers say he is very pro children. Whoever has any info on other candidates post it here.
    Actually, what you decribed is the textbook definition of being REACTIVE.

Thread Information