Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Directors(Americorp/Youth Bureau) power needs to be checked

[QUOTE=be true to yourself]
    After all, he IS back to calling Ms. Meegan....Ms Walsh again...just because he did not get his way!

Um, IMHO, why would Meegan care if ML referred to her by her maiden name; she's proud of her family name.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    I have been told, by some on the board, there will be something happening soon regarding to Youth Bureau/AmeriCorps Director and his staff. (I'll believe it, when I see it for myself) It seems as though ML may be pulling in some favors from other elected officials to help save his butt. I wonder if these state and federal representatives will mind taking a bath in Mark's dirty water. I'm guessing it's because they are only hearing Mark's take on things that they would try to protect him and/or his position.

Perhaps, if they knew of an account established solely for the Burchfield Arts Society, by the Clark administration without the Societies knowledge, that Mr. Lazzara has been using freely for the past several years. I have received a copy of the statement and the transactions for 2007, the reading is interesting.

Mark, if you read this, and I'm sure you will, know that you can not intimidate me in any fashion. I know, that like so many others on this site, you know who I am. You can glare at me all you want at the Town Board meetings, I enjoyed watching you try to act as though you weren't bothered when I called for the Board to take disciplinary action against you. I would experience a greater joy, however, if there were a forensic audit of your accounts conducted. Who knows, you might get a nice pair of stainless steel bracelets as you leave the building. I hope I'm available to wave goodbye when that day comes.
    The above quote is from May 2008, it is now December 2010 and today's WS Bee headline reads, "WNY AmeriCorps prepares to sell property as 'show of good faith'.

In my opinion, this is just another example of ML and AmeriCorps sticking it to the Town once again. Now they threaten to sell 16 School Street, the Christian Metz House. How they came to be in posession of the Metz House with no strings attached is beyond me. I thought that former Supervisor Clark applied for, and received NYS funds for the Town's purchase of that building. Now it is the property of Americorps so the can now turn around and give our property back to us and take the $75k off of what they owe us...? That is just beautiful.

Angry Another article

Every day there is an article about Americorps in the newspaper. How far in debt they are - how will they pay the town back - will they have to fold up. The one question that no one is asking is, how did they get soooo far in debt? Could it be because Mr. Lazzara spent money over and beyond what the grants were going to pay? Maybe if he hadn't bought alcohol, catered parties, taken a zillion trips and stayed at only the best hotels, they wouldn't be in debt. I'm sick of the "pity party" and him saying that whoa is me, I might have to close up shop. It is his fault that they are in the mess they are now. He was a big spender when Paul Clark gave him the green light to do whatever he wanted to do. That included gift cards, big Christmas gifts for friends and family, free meals for any one who came to one of his events and on and on and on. So don't but into his sympathy ploy, because he knew exactly what he was doing and it certainly wasn't for the benefit of the town or the program.

I won't be surprised to read, in the very near future, that ML is leaving AC and the area all together. Snake oil salesman always hit the road when their fraud is exposed. He'll take his act to another unsuspecting community, find another shady politico, and set up shop to start over again.

That is, unless the District Attorney grows a set, the TB pushes the issue, and finally charges him and his gang as criminals.

Ah yes, a boy can dream.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How much in debt to the town is the group?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    How much in debt to the town is the group?
    Oh, it was close to 2 million dollars! How could the former town board let him walk away with all that money and not question it?

Buffalo News

There is quite an article in the paper this morning about Lazzara. I wonder what Orchard Park and all his/her friends will say now. There's no getting around it - this man has been getting away with murder for a long time and the former town board did nothing to stop him. They are as much to blame as he is, because they turned a blind eye to his misdeeds. I don't think anyone can condone what he has done.

Someone, please let me know when I can say, "I told you so!"

What we are seeing, in my opinion, is just the tip of the iceberg. If we could discover all of the financial dealings that took place between ML and the former TB, I think it would force peole in the streets, calling for the heads of all involved.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Look what they did with the townboard in CA that were basically helping themselves to the towns money.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    W. Seneca paying for suits tied to Lazzara

Read the full story in the Buffalo News

It's all about whose behind one kisses!

Sweet for Service
    A casual evening of fun, celebration, music and tasty treats
    honoring the late Simon Griffis, noted Western New York artist
    and
    John DiSuillo, News Director of WKBW-TV
    with our 2011 Sweetheart for Service Award.
    This year’s event includes a small silent auction
    of donated works from regional artists.
    Thursday, February 10, 2011
    7-10 p.m.
    Shea’s Performing Art Center
    646 Main Street, Buffalo

Please Join Us!
    Tickets available: at the door, online at WNYAmeriCorps.org
    or
    by calling 716-418-8500

the time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    Someone, please let me know when I can say, "I told you so!"

What we are seeing, in my opinion, is just the tip of the iceberg. If we could discover all of the financial dealings that took place between ML and the former TB, I think it would force peole in the streets, calling for the heads of all involved.
    It is time to tell the world that you were right. I heard today that Lazzaro has been given his walking papers and has to leave Americorps by the end of the month. Hopefully when he is gone, more info will come out and the prior TB will be drawn into the fray! Keep watching for more updates.

Quote Originally Posted by wantabe View Post
    It is time to tell the world that you were right. I heard today that Lazzaro has been given his walking papers and has to leave Americorps by the end of the month. Hopefully when he is gone, more info will come out and the prior TB will be drawn into the fray! Keep watching for more updates.
    Well, Mark finally resigned. Looks better on a resume than fired I guess.

TOLD YOU SO!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information