Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace the Slum Lord!

4UWS

Back to the core issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/331596.html

What do you want for me to prove that I am not Mark? Credibility? On an anonymous internet blog. Hell, except for a past article about your web site, I don't know who you are, and your name I have long forgot.

As far as real business excperience, who are you to judge anothers qualifications to give opinion as to an appropriate length of time before a politician becomes fair game?
    I dont care who you are, we have a slum lord in charge and WS kids are suffering. Does someone care?

Quote Originally Posted by 4UWS
    Does someone care?
    Probably not, at least not on this web site.

4UWS

Slum Lord is the buss in Town

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Probably not, at least not on this web site.
    Thank you Manuel or should I say Markie Manuely, Just got back from dinner at 735 and the entire place was a buss with slum lord conversation. The TB should do something about slum lords, even if it is one of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Can someone be evicted from thier apartment because they broke the law? Just asking..

One of my family members owns apartments. I beleive the person has to be convicted of the crime and then the person can be evicted from the property. Question would then be, the person on the lease, is it the same person that was arrested??

I do not have an opinion one way or the other on what type of landlord Mr. Piotrowski is, however given this situation it will be interesting to see how he proceeds because it is now a matter of public record that an occupant of one of his buildings has been arrested on drug charges and this activity is customarily taking place. He has several options available to him:

• In the absence of a lease he can give the tenant a 30 day notice to quit
    • Whether or not there is a lease he can give the tenant a notice of termination under RPAPL 715(1)/RPL 231(1)
    • In the absence of the landlord giving notice under RPAPL 715(1)/RPL 231(1) a neighbor or other tenant of the subject property can serve the landlord a notice to commence eviction proceeding and if the land lord fails to do commence the eviction proceedings themselves.

A prior conviction of the tenant is not required but is very helpful. The petitioner in an eviction proceeding based on illegal or immoral conduct need only to establish the immoral or illegal conduct by a preponderance of the evidence and not by the beyond reasonable doubt required in a criminal proceeding.
    Last edited by dtwarren; April 26th, 2008 at 10:57 AM.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    I do not have an opinion one way or the other on what type of landlord Mr. Piotrowski is.
    Knock it off with this feigned attempt of non committal BS. You and your town minions are reveling in this. It is a mostly pathetic bunch, who will never get over Wally beating the one who's altar they worship at blindly.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    Knock it off with this feigned attempt of non committal BS. You and your town minions are reveling in this. It is a mostly pathetic bunch, who will never get over Wally beating the one who's altar they worship at blindly.
    I do not have an opinion one way or the other on what type of landlord he is because I have never rented from him, I do not know any of his current or former tenants, and I have never had any conversations with Mr. Piotrowski on this issue. Have you? What do you base your opinion on?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

have never had any conversations with Mr. Piotrowski on this issue. Have you?
    Not on this issue
    What do you base your opinion on?
    On you or this issue ?
    I do not have an opinion one way or the other on what type of landlord Mr. Piotrowski is.
    Ooohhh, Dan you're so cyptic. In other words:

"I do have an opinion on what type of Supervisor Mr. Piotrowski is."

On any issue, what do you base your opinion on any issue on? It appears that your opinion is rarely based on fact but rather based in large part on surmise, innuendo and hearsay.

My posts are cryptic only to those who try to read into them to suit their own preconceived notions, to others they are clear and unambiguous.

Dan, why can't you admit that you are aligned with those who, like you, are partial to some on the town council. I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    Dan, why can't you admit that you are aligned with those who, like you, are partial to some on the town council. I can.
    Because I am not so aligned as you use that term. I support certain issues and to draw an inference that I am aligned with certain board members who also support these issues is not the same as blindly advocating a position based on political alignment rather than factual predicate.

I do not have an opinion one way or the other on what type of landlord Mr. Piotrowski is, however given this situation it will be interesting to see how he proceeds because it is now a matter of public record that an occupant of one of his buildings has been arrested on drug charges and this activity is customarily taking place. He has several options available to him:

• In the absence of a lease he can give the tenant a 30 day notice to quit
    • Whether or not there is a lease he can give the tenant a notice of termination under RPAPL 715(1)/RPL 231(1)
    • In the absence of the landlord giving notice under RPAPL 715(1)/RPL 231(1) a neighbor or other tenant of the subject property can serve the landlord a notice to commence eviction proceeding and if the land lord fails to do commence the eviction proceedings themselves.

A prior conviction of the tenant is not required but is very helpful. The petitioner in an eviction proceeding based on illegal or immoral conduct need only to establish the immoral or illegal conduct by a preponderance of the evidence and not by the beyond reasonable doubt required in a criminal proceeding.
    There are other options: He could work with his tenant to see to it that the young man is getting help. He said that he has rented to the boy's father for 5 years. I don't see where it is necessary to be harsh, considering the age of the suspect and the long term relationship with the tenant. If Wally had been such a bad landlord all of these years, I am sure it would have come out in the campaigns last year. I look at it this way, if he has 5 properties in Town, then he has motivation to improve the Town to maintain his property values. He would have the burden of local taxes and urban blight just like the rest of us. If the Town improves, his financial interests improve. I think this issue is being used for political reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead
    There are other options: He could work with his tenant to see to it that the young man is getting help. He said that he has rented to the boy's father for 5 years. I don't see where it is necessary to be harsh, considering the age of the suspect and the long term relationship with the tenant. If Wally had been such a bad landlord all of these years, I am sure it would have come out in the campaigns last year. I look at it this way, if he has 5 properties in Town, then he has motivation to improve the Town to maintain his property values. He would have the burden of local taxes and urban blight just like the rest of us. If the Town improves, his financial interests improve. I think this issue is being used for political reasons.
    True, and the options I outlined is for when such activity is customarily occuring. An isolated one time incident is insufficient for such action in the absence of a lease provision providing for strict enforcement like those contained in the leases for public housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead
    Of course it is being used for political reasons. When in politics, you live in a fishbowl. This is an interesting event, because there is a knowledge component, a legal component, a safety component, a childs welfare component, a compassion component, and it just happens to involve someone who is actively making decisions about others. Because he is doing that, and he wants to do that, he should be himself be put under the microscope. IE Who is this man making these decisions. Perhaps a flawed one. Perhaps one who exhibits a lack of judgement in his private life.

4UWS

So many diversions

Why are there so many diversions from the valid concerns that the Town Supervisor is placing West Seneca children in danger!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information