Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haxton, Ahmed, or Pirowski for Council President

Haxton, Ahmed, or Pirowski for Council President

Who do you prefer to be the council president for the next four years?
    Haxton has been on the council before as the first ward councilwoman.
    Ahmed and Pirowski are new as politicians.

Haxton is on her own sunshine line
    Pirowski is on the Democratic, Conservative, and Independant lines
    Ahmed is on the Republican line.

post respectful responses here.

Unhappy Yepper! School----City, they're both the same. Transparency HA!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    I sent a letter to Mr. Cuomo when he was State Attorney General about both the city and the school district when I lived there. He did nothing and as a matter of fact he never even responded. Basically if its a fellow democrat doing it they get a pass while they continue to move up the ladder to bigger and better paychecks! Seriously you have Norm Polanski on tape doing illegal stuff and yet no charges from either the Erie County DA or the State AG? They just let him keep moving up the ladder. Thanks Andy and Frank!

Did you ever loan someone money....and when you finally get up the nerve to ask them for it back.... only to have them bark at you and stomp off?

The Mayor and my peers treated me the same way every time I questioned their illegal activity and abuse of public funds. They would scream at me and bully me down, 4-1...4-1...the list goes on and on. All my good ideas such as NO City paid vehicles, (HUGE expense) ----and put GPS tracking devices on ALL City vehicles to monitor gas consumption, went no where.
    If there was no wrong-doing being done-----I would have had nothing to say about it,. I/We fought to get elected to make progress toward a better Lackawanna----all I accomplished (which is a mountain), was chasing after there corruption and exposing it.
    How could I keep silent about mis-management of YOUR public funds that foot the bill for their free lunches?
    Hence, their branding me a no-good---calling me crazy to Citizens they would meet in a super market---and doing everything in their power by abusing their governmental powers within City Hall to go after me personally.

Their body language and actions against me speak loud and clear for what it is-, they don't want to pay YOUR money back, so they bark---call their friends to beat you up---and then stomp off! They only want YES people in Lackawanna City Hall......folks that dare to go against the flow are publicly flogged as the Lackawanna " family and friends club " continue to sip their martini's!.

P.S. Do not lose hope......I Do Believe that " the squeaky wheel does get the oil "! Come on BELIEVERS, Squeak--Squeak--SQUEAK!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I questioned their illegal activity
    What part was illegal? Did you call the DA to have it looked into?

And........!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What part was illegal? Did you call the DA to have it looked into?
    I will PM you.

Post Off to the Erie County Board of Elections ........

Lots of questions........

Reminder:
    Folks, please try to encourage YOUR family and friends to register to vote if they are not.
    AND, if they moved, to please do a quick voter registration card change of address asap! Lots of Watkins votes were not good because people did NOT remember to do so and voted at wrong polling district for them.

Little technicalities count big-time!

Also if a person is away, infirm-ed, or elderly (November weather who knows), PLEASE get them an absentee application so their will be sent an absentee ballot for general election. Just call the BOE and they will mail you the absentee application or registration card right away, 858-8891. Thanks!
    Every vote counts----EVERY!

Post Tick-Tock!

November 8th, 2011 is upon us and the history of the City of Lackawanna will speak for generations to come!

Are we turning right onto Recovery Road OR plowing straight ahead on Blight Highway?

If you vote for the " family and friends" candidate you vote for status quo..........if you vote for my other opponent you vote in a new machine with their own agenda.

A vote for me is a vote for YOU to march in along with me to gain access to YOUR Lackawanna City Hall government!
    I owe NO paybacks ----favors ---- or job promises to anyone! I will do everything I can to put a STOP to nepotism and Equal Opportunity Employment will become the hiring practice as mandated by LAW! Folks when you receive Federal Funds as our City does, EOP mandates MUST be adhered to ......Lackawanna takes the prize for breaking the law. People are scared of retaliation if they dare question or speak out about unfairness.
    Is this the America that is in our heart?

I have asked the Lackawanna Chamber to sponsor another Candidate Debate but I received a call yesterday the vote is 4-1, No. The race for Mayor is neck and neck and the more a Citizen gets to know about a candidate right from their own mouth, the better. An educated voter votes for a person on their merit---looking at where they have been and who is supporting them. Many in Lackawanna vote because their family member/neighbor told them to vote a certain way (not knowing a job was promised to their kid)----this just continues to prosper the family and friends club NOT the City.

Folks, do you think we need another debate before November 8th?-----I do. In four years I want to be sitting in my lawn chair ....sipping an ice tea....and knowing OUR City of Lackawanna is finally on the up and up Road of Revitalization, and finally become the safe, clean, business-friendly, up-scale community to call home-----that it should have been all along!

Can someone help with this? I spoke with Mr. Lucarelli---he said his place would be available.

It is crunch time and Lackawanna Citizens must know the facts about their elected officials before it is too late once they get in and do what THEY want---NOT what The People want!
    Pick a date---time---and moderator for time. ( The Women's League of Voters is $75.00 though).
    And let's roll!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post

November 8th, 2011 is upon us and the history of the City of Lackawanna will speak for generations to come!

Are we turning right onto Recovery Road OR plowing straight ahead on Blight Highway?

If you vote for the " family and friends" candidate you vote for status quo..........if you vote for my other opponent you vote in a new machine with their own agenda.

A vote for me is a vote for YOU to march in along with me to gain access to YOUR Lackawanna City Hall government!
    I owe NO paybacks ----favors ---- or job promises to anyone! I will do everything I can to put a STOP to nepotism and Equal Opportunity Employment will become the hiring practice as mandated by LAW! Folks when you receive Federal Funds as our City does, EOP mandates MUST be adhered to ......Lackawanna takes the prize for breaking the law. People are scared of retaliation if they dare question or speak out about unfairness.
    Is this the America that is in our heart?

I have asked the Lackawanna Chamber to sponsor another Candidate Debate but I received a call yesterday the vote is 4-1, No. The race for Mayor is neck and neck and the more a Citizen gets to know about a candidate right from their own mouth, the better. An educated voter votes for a person on their merit---looking at where they have been and who is supporting them. Many in Lackawanna vote because their family member/neighbor told them to vote a certain way (not knowing a job was promised to their kid)----this just continues to prosper the family and friends club NOT the City.

Folks, do you think we need another debate before November 8th?-----I do. In four years I want to be sitting in my lawn chair ....sipping an ice tea....and knowing OUR City of Lackawanna is finally on the up and up Road of Revitalization, and finally become the safe, clean, business-friendly, up-scale community to call home-----that it should have been all along!

Can someone help with this? I spoke with Mr. Lucarelli---he said his place would be available.

It is crunch time and Lackawanna Citizens must know the facts about their elected officials before it is too late once they get in and do what THEY want---NOT what The People want!
    Pick a date---time---and moderator for time. ( The Women's League of Voters is $75.00 though).
    And let's roll!
    Does anyone go to the debates that hasn't already made their mind up who they will vote for?

Post Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by had enough yet View Post
    Does anyone go to the debates that hasn't already made their mind up who they will vote for?

I heard quite a few people say they were sorry they missed it.....it was summer.

A public debate is a good thing, many folks are just starting to tune into the real deal.......The General Election. Just the other day I gave a guy a lift who said, " Me and my Mother never vote in the primary ---who is the better guy to vote for now? " A debate will often settle teeter-ers and start everyone else buzzing.

Debates are happening all over the country.........we need to know everything now, after they get in it is too late! Hence the " lack " in Lackawanna!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post

I heard quite a few people say they were sorry they missed it.....it was summer.

A public debate is a good thing, many folks are just starting to tune into the real deal.......The General Election. Just the other day I gave a guy a lift who said, " Me and my Mother never vote in the primary ---who is the better guy to vote for now? " A debate will often settle teeter-ers and start everyone else buzzing.

Debates are happening all over the country.........we need to know everything now, after they get in it is too late! Hence the " lack " in Lackawanna!
    Andrea I couldn't agree with you more. There are many true independent voters that don't vote the primaries because they are not affiliated with any political party. Some people find the mainstream political parties do not represent their politicial beliefs and chose not to associate with any party and therefore do not get involved with the primary vote. Others have had their candidate defeated in the primary and are now trying to find the best candidate available now. Others may want to know which candidate gains the backing of the candidates that lost. Most importantly, a good candidate should be expanding their platform to help voters decide which candidate best services the communities needs. There have been too many backroom deals made after the primary which some voters would find repulsive. Since we do not have the option to recall a candidate once elected it becomes imparative the the choice that they make is correct at the time of voting. The irony of a one party town is that political party real believes that the election ends with the primary. That foolish assumption could cost the candidates the election. It would be absolutely idiotic to vote for a candidate that does not have a viable platform and does not warrant the trust of the voters. Let the debate begin.

Post Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Andrea I couldn't agree with you more. There are many true independent voters that don't vote the primaries because they are not affiliated with any political party. Some people find the mainstream political parties do not represent their politicial beliefs and chose not to associate with any party and therefore do not get involved with the primary vote. Others have had their candidate defeated in the primary and are now trying to find the best candidate available now. Others may want to know which candidate gains the backing of the candidates that lost. Most importantly, a good candidate should be expanding their platform to help voters decide which candidate best services the communities needs. There have been too many backroom deals made after the primary which some voters would find repulsive. Since we do not have the option to recall a candidate once elected it becomes imparative the the choice that they make is correct at the time of voting. The irony of a one party town is that political party real believes that the election ends with the primary. That foolish assumption could cost the candidates the election. It would be absolutely idiotic to vote for a candidate that does not have a viable platform and does not warrant the trust of the voters. Let the debate begin.

Thank You, very nicely put.........fourrrrr years is a very long time.
    There has been a bully-type mentality controlling The City of Lackawanna for quite sometime now, many folks have confided in me over the years---but they are too scared or disgusted to come out.
    Then there are the jobs........not a lot but some will change. Like the one City Marshall's aka Lackawanna School Board President aka Maintenance Man for Lackawanna Municipal Housing, who receives $55.00 a pop to serve a summons. His will be one of them up for grabs.

This is the year to end the unprofessionalism and disregard for the public they took an oath to serve. Yes, some get served, but as a rule there is usually some sort of family and friends connection. Then comes the " Election Year Tarzan's " flying around the City pounding on their chests about how great they are.

Con artists is the real term----and blatant liars. About......"Deals they all made "---it is sickening and many men are NOT men of their word or honor!

Republican--Democrat, etc. Parties, can you guys get together and sponsor a neutral public Lackawanna candidate debate?

pirowski will win easy because haxton is a scumbag and the other guy is irrelevant

Well said bobby!

there is more than his being irrelevant. more to come......

Blahblahblah, who is the preferrred printer from rochester?

Lightbulb Lackawanna Political Candidate DEBATE Night!

No one else appears to want to step out ( or are you out there and I don't know you're trying to bring one together ), so, It just came to me..........because time is ticking and a debate is critical for Lackawannan's to use as another tool to cast an educated vote.

I am going to try to get hold of my opponents today along with the Lackawanna Mayoral candidates to discuss and plan a public debate in the very near future.

Lackawanna Candidate Public Debate Night.......Sponsored By, " The Lackawanna Mayoral and Council President Candidates " for YOU----Lackawanna Citizen/Voter!
    What do you think of this idea folks/Candidates? 563-4349 Andrea/andreahaxton@yahoo.com

BTW....did you know Mickey Mouse got a vote for Council President on Primary Day when the BOE canvassed them a few weeks back........

the mickey mouse vote is just another mockery of our electoral system. aren't there better ways to making a difference?

which candidate tried to take the vots as their's? after all the voter just has to show voter intent to be credited for a write in vote. so who said, hey that is me they meant to vote for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information