Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Enhanced Drivers license is here.

Canadian citizen entering the US

After listing to Kathy Hochul (Eire County Clerk) on a radio show today she mention that sometime in the near future we will need a passport or a enhanced drivers license to enter the United States from Canada by car. But she never gave a clear expiation what documents a Canadian citizen other than a passport will need to enter the United States. I hope whatever documents a Canadian Citizen will need that it will not slow down the amount of shoppers entering Eire County to shop. Our County need the sales tax revenues.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    After listing to Kathy Hochul (Eire County Clerk) on a radio show today she mention that sometime in the near future we will need a passport or a enhanced drivers license to enter the United States from Canada by car. But she never gave a clear expiation what documents a Canadian citizen other than a passport will need to enter the United States. I hope whatever documents a Canadian Citizen will need that it will not slow down the amount of shoppers entering Eire County to shop. Our County need the sales tax revenues.
    No, our county needs to stop being screwed over by the state. This license is yet another added "tax" on Western and Northern NY. Nowhere else disguised as a cheaper way to get a passport.
    All the money will go to Albany where it will be sent to their pork fund, never to see the light of day in Western New York or the North Country again.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Well, I guess between the enhanced drivers license and Passports there's no way those bad old terrorists can get us now. Whew...I feel safer already.

Does this mean we can pull our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan now?
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    These new requirments are not for the near future. They are in affect now, and have been in affect for almost 3 months. I'm sure the Canadians have figured out what they need to do just as we have.

If there was to be an impact on canadians shopping here, we would have see it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    These new requirments are not for the near future. They are in affect now, and have been in affect for almost 3 months. I'm sure the Canadians have figured out what they need to do just as we have.

If there was to be an impact on canadians shopping here, we would have see it by now.
    I went to the Galleria yesterday, and couldn't find a place to park. Busier than Christmas.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    No, your DL will still be okay. You don't even have to renew with an Enhanced Driver's License. It is not a mandatory thing.
    It will be mandatory to have some sort of enhanced ID, driver's licence, passport or passport card to get in and out of Canada, or just out of Canada, in 2009.
    It's a none issue if you never plan on going to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean. If, however you want to go to any of the fore mentioned you need to have enhanced documents. Also, the passport card, and I think the EDL, will not allow you to flight access into, or out of these places. The DMV site does not make that clear. The passport site does.
    Passport Link
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/fees/fees_837.html
    DMV Link
    https://harmonia.dmv.state.ny.us/Sur...edl-survey.htm
    bump
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Yeah, the Passport Card is a cheaper alternative, and I find it interesting that the local media don't seem to even mention its existence.

The benefit of the Passport Card is that it's cheaper, and not tied to NYS budget tricks.
    The benefit of the enhanced NY Licence is that you'd only need 1 ID in your wallet.

(Keeping in mind that neither one can be used for Air Travel)
    I'm sooooo confused. What do you need for air travel?

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    an airplane???

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    an airplane???
    Besides that minor detail, I mean what id is needed for entry onto the airplane/airport whatever gets me on the damn plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular ole Passport.

I believe all the newer card ID's are just for ground travel.

Regular ole Passport.

I believe all the newer card ID's are just for ground travel.
    Is that for International flights, domestic or both?

Is that for International flights, domestic or both?
    passports needed for international travel only

License will suffice (or other government issued photo id) for domestic

DHS website

Here is the official site for international travel (Dept of Homeland Security) :

www.dhs.gov/xtrvlsec/crossingborders
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information