Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dion Watkins Residency and The IDIOTS COMPLAINING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Great points. But nothing is impossible as it seems. If a US Senator can win an election as a write in why couldn't a mayoral candidate? The democratic heir apparent has no record of accomplishing anything whatsoever. He hasn't even been seen for years doing anything until this year. I'm surprised no one had him placed on the side of a milk carton as a missing person.
    For the politically connected at city hall this has to be a scary moment. For the first time in their careers they may have someone that owes them nothing and can put the City of Lackawanna first. They may actually have to work for their job and be held accountable for their decisions and actions.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    For the politically connected at city hall this has to be a scary moment. For the first time in their careers they may have someone that owes them nothing and can put the City of Lackawanna first. They may actually have to work for their job and be held accountable for their decisions and actions.
    You should not crap on the community. If decisions are based on who owes who what the decision are not being made correctly in the name of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You should not crap on the community. If decisions are based on who owes who what the decision are not being made correctly in the name of the community.
    How is stating a known fact that too many of the politically connected employees of this city have never been accountable to the citizens of this city crapping on the community? Crapping on the community is the job of too many of our politicians. We see the results of the contempt for the city everyday when we travel around our city. It is their failed policies that has stagnated any development here. Even a blind man can see the results. NO growth and NO develpoment and NO jobs.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well you have to continue to get the word out and try to talk people who have character to run for office. But it starts from top down.

Case in point. Look at Lenny Lenihan. Of all people you would think he would know that one should not use public sector employees for campaign work during work time. Even better is Mark Poloncarz...

Ted Morton's crew had a foil done which shows our sanitation department supervisor conducting something (from records it looks like campaign work) while he "works" for us.

As an example supposedly this is one rule out town has:

TOWN OF CHEEKTOWAGA
    POLICY RELATING TO
    MISUSE OF TOWN RESOURCES
    Town officers and employees shall not use Town letterhead, personnel, equipment, vehicles,
    supplies or any other Town resources for a non-governmental purpose, nor engage in personal or
    private activities during times when he or she is required to work for the Town of Cheektowaga.
    The FOIL of the phone records shows calls being made from the best of my knowledge to:

Glenn Gramigna 444-7862
    Lenny Lenihan 866-5523
    Steve Pidgeon 352 - 9441
    Patrick Curry 432-8634
    Paul Clark 308-2526
    NiagaraFallsPolitics Advertising 444-7862
    Richard A. Fontana 851-5151

The county "watchdog" himself? Could this be?

5106479 "WIRELESS CALLER" <7165106479> 7432 ANSWERED 198
    7166016294 7166016294 5106479 ANSWERED 91
    7166016294 7166016294 5106479 ANSWERED 73
    7166016294 7166016294 5106479 ANSWERED 73
    7166016294 7166016294 5106479 ANSWERED 453
    7166016294 7166016294 5106479 ANSWERED 88
    7166016294 7166016294 5106479 ANSWERED 76
    7166016294 7166016294 5106479 ANSWERED 100
    7166016294 7166016294 5106479 ANSWERED 231

http://whois.domaintools.com/markpoloncarz.com

Wouldn't the man who wants to watch over our tax payer funds know better?

You don't want these type of people running your community.

Post Theoretically, YOU are right on point..But, sadly in reality..it is what it is-GREED!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    OMG.........! The City of Lackawanna does just the opposite.....decisions are based solely on self-serving agendas and how many votes are in some-one's family. Votes are the name of the game in Lackawanna, NOT the community or it would showcase itself!
    Decision-Facts made/allowed by Lackawanna Govenment Officials::

Decision to NOT let Department Heads-bosses/employees think for themselves...in other words a Dictatorship style of management rules the orange crate!
    Decision to let "selective enforcement" of the law be the way it is in Lackawanna, in other words, "It is WHO you know and Who you ...."!
    Decision on the 2008 "ELECTION YEAR BUDGET" Raises-----HUGE raises were voted in as a legal payback for City employees as a reward for their previous year's efforts to re-elect "Team Polanski"!
    Decision and vote to give a huge $15,000 "Retirement Incentive Bonus" out of OUR City Fund balance to employees who were going to retire anyway on top of their NYS Retirement Bonus!
    Decision and vote to give certain employees "employment time" in 2009 to make them eligible to receive the $15,000 City of Lackawanna Retirement Bonus!
    Decision to allow "double dipping" of certain Lackawanna employees who already retired from the City, to be allowed to continue to work for 19 hrs/wk at $30,000/yr!
    Decision to use the Lackawanna Fund Balance to create a millions$$+ subdivision ghost town without a proper market study---marketing program!
    Decision to NOT disclose the Wind Mill monies negotiations-contracts with the Public!
    Decision to let certain folks buy City property at give away prices and let them get away with breaking the covenants!
    Decision to let a certain City employee who has his own business get City paid for side jobs WITH the City!
    Decision to condone City paid for vehicles/gas for certain employees to take home, cocktail parties, Red Robin, Wayside, etc!
    Decision to purchase whatever the team wants to with City Funds and no one, I mean none of them question the AP Check Registers!
    Decision to let the condemned City Hall Structure continue to crumble and leave it for the next guy to deal with!
    Decision to let our City playgrounds continue to be unsafe!
    Decision to let a multitude of City paid for cell phones be used for private use (police exception)!
    Decision to pave certain streets only in the City of Lackawanna!
    Decision to never monitor what City employees are using the Internet for on the public dime!
    Decision to play the unfair property assessment game!
    Decision to play the political patronage---gain game!
    Decision to let for in "name of the community" never be the mindset of the greedy ones ( who pretend to be a Public Servant--NOT everyone, thank goodness----I realize there are great people who work for the City of Lackawanna who want the free-for-all and unfairness to just STOP!) in Lackawanna City Hall!
    Decision to NOT put a painted on City SEAL on ALL City of Lackawanna owned vehicles! (not a magnet like a certain high-up guy wanted)
    Decision to keep the PUBLIC in the dark about what goes on behind the scenes in City business, especially DEVELOPMENT!

Have the Voters DECIDED to let the " Lackawanna Political Machine aka Family and Friends Club " continue to get away with their mis-management of City Affairs/ Public Funds? WE who really want a nice city, MUST "OCCUPY LACKAWANNA" ! Or else.........will continue to decide what......more blight for us as they fly away to their "place in Florida"?

Nice post Andrea. No wonder they tried to take you out. You know to much. Sad very sad. Hopefully the people will see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Nice post Andrea. No wonder they tried to take you out. You know to much. Sad very sad. Hopefully the people will see the light.
    Your right, Andrea knows and posts alot of facts. This city is stuck in the 19th century. The old boys club would prefer that women were not allowed to vote. A strong willed woman is a threat especially one that provides facts. They can only bash her and never discredit the facts that she provides. In this city that is called progressive thinking. Also change is feared and status quo is the goal.
    Last edited by getalife123; October 31st, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

All the stuff they did to her was just to discredit her so they could hide like the cowards they are.

Alot of people here talk about the "Lackawanna Political Machine and who they give jobs to". Let's say Dion does get elected, who do you think will be the first to get a job? The most qualified Lackawanna resident regardless of what ward they live in? Someone that didn't support him during this election? Maybe just someone that needs a job? I doubt it, he will hire his own people just like the exact same people you tear down now! Mark my words, He'll do just the same!
    Quit blaming the politicans for what this city has become and start blaming the people that live here and could care less as long as there monthly check is in the mail!

Blame the people while the city has been pilfered for decades under politicians. Wow that is unique! Genius! Dumb and dumber!

riddle me this. why would watkins have a fund raiser on franklin street in buffalo? lives in hamburg raises most of his money from buffalo. who will be running lackawannna...

geoff owns in bethlehem ppark and says he lives on modern in his parents house. maybe he doesnt think he can win th efirst ward as councilman.

what a screwed up election......

BlahBlah, "blame the people that live here and collect a monthly check", oh boy I heard it all now, your off your rocker. So are you blaming the seniors or the ones on welfare, those are your monthly check people. Your claiming that our politicians are faultless in the demise of the city? Your dreaming. If anyone believes the politicians are not at fault has brain rot. Regardless of who gets elected as mayor, it is their right to choose their own staff. Cleaning out City Hall would be a good start. Starting with the personal secretary to the elected mayor and then department heads. If the employees working at city hall cannot do the job they should be replaced.

Post And........!

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    Alot of people here talk about the "Lackawanna Political Machine and who they give jobs to". Let's say Dion does get elected, who do you think will be the first to get a job? The most qualified Lackawanna resident regardless of what ward they live in? Someone that didn't support him during this election? Maybe just someone that needs a job? I doubt it, he will hire his own people just like the exact same people you tear down now! Mark my words, He'll do just the same!
    Quit blaming the politicans for what this city has become and start blaming the people that live here and could care less as long as there monthly check is in the mail!

I do blame the politicians in Lackawanna because I have watched them for many years........I know how they operate from the inside out, how they make fun of people, and what they refuse to do unless it suits their own pocket---NOT the community. OR it would shine like it does in Hamburg, all around Buffalo, especially the new South Park strip in South Buffalo, West Seneca sports complex, etc. How do these communities--neighborhoods revitalize and maintain their integrity? It is because the politicians DO WHAT THEY WERE ELECTED TO DO by going after grants, appropriating the money in the budget, and listening to the Block Clubs and tax payers organizations!

On the other hand blahblahblah, I take offense to what you were inferring, by the stereotyping of people who get a "monthly check" because I know you meant it as a slam.

But, I have to agree with you to a fault.........I blame SOME of the people too, people who blindly vote along party lines instead of voting the person, have put in some real doo-dahs to represent Lackawanna, to say the least. Yes, it is up to ALL of the people to educate themselves about who they want to vote in to be THEIR representative in Lackawanna City Hall, County on up. Try to go to meetings, read-read-read and study the issues, to stay on top of the Mayor and City Council decisions coming down and made. In other words be their watchdog, monitor their opinions and compare what the majority of people want for Lackawanna---not just the in-crowd aka family and friends club.

One Mayor and Five Councilmen have been making the critical decisions for City Development, Businesses, and appr. 18,000 or so residents for the past 100 + years now.
    You are right blah, it is long overdue, time for the silent majority----to step up to the plate ----make the politicians ACCOUNTIBLE, and become part of THEIR City business through Block Clubs, etc.
    Unfortunately, Citizens have been beaten down by the arrogance and closed doors in Lackawanna City Hall for many years now. Sadly, some folks have lost heart and hope in Lackawanna ever becoming a booming, bustling, thriving, FAIR community----so they won't bother even going out to vote!

People have a HUGE choice this year, two very simple choices,......to BREAK the corrupt machine OR keep it rolling and controlling the people who who feed it with their "monthly checks"!
    A vote for me, Andrea Haxton, is a grass-roots vote to help BREAK the self-serving political machine once and for all! OCCUPY LACKAWANNA!

Excellant Andrea.

Post Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Excellant Andrea.
    Thank You, getalife123!
    I get so frustrated about the division of opinion, but at the same time respect everyone for theirs.

I have said it many times before.......Why can't we put our personal differences aside and just work together for a Better Lackawanna.......a place OUR kids will be proud to call home or come back to.
    My own son will never come back because Largo, Florida where he has lived since 98' has so much more going on than here. Everytime you go to Florida or other communities, you say where did that come from or where did that go...... It is called PROGRESS, and since "The Plant" closed in 1983 how much progress has the City of Lackawanna made to revitalize and stabilize OUR so-called Business District and neighborhoods? Forget Abbott Road Plaza, a joke of empty storefronts with a $1,000,0000 assessment on it. Nice write-off.

If only we could pool the energy we put into disagreeing and use ALL of our combined brain power/elbow grease to push-pull-drag, and kick Lackawanna forward .........we might have a clean, progressive, safe and vibrant City one day. Step back and look at the BIG picture.....OUR kids are going to think we're jerks as they save to buy their home in Hamburg, where the schools are decent and people say nice ----when they ask you, where you are from.

I know taxes are going to be raised very soon because I have followed the money and reckless spending.......people will soon bail out to Hamburg too, to get away from the negative image and continuing blight. Why live here when you will soon be paying more and getting less........MUCH less!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information