Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dion Watkins Residency and The IDIOTS COMPLAINING!!!!

Don't own a scanner, maybe someone that does can do it. I'm sure it was a citywide mailing.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    Nice flyer in the mail today about Dion's residency, even has a nice pic of his "home" in Hamburg.
    I thought Szymanski was campaigning on issues. Why does he care about someone's house in Hamburg? Shouldn't he be focusing on Lackawanna? Sounds like he has no plan or record of accomplishments to run on. So he attacks a guy for owning a house in Hamburg? I'm sure other people own multiple properties in other municipalities. Funny how they never challenged this at petition time. Sounds like they left Watkins in the race to take out Jaworski. Now all of a sudden the fools are worried.

You just don't get it. He doesn't just "own" a home in Hamburg, He "lives" in Hamburg.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    You just don't get it. He doesn't just "own" a home in Hamburg, He "lives" in Hamburg.
    A picture of a house doesn't prove jack. Physical evidence anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    what would it take to convinve you? drool from his pillow. get real.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Why are you playing naive?

Rahm Emanuel worked for the Obama administration as Chief of Staff, lived in Washington DC. While living in Washington, Emanuel announced his intention to run for mayor of Chicago. Emanuel had not lived in Chicago for nearly five years and only moved back to Chicago one month prior to being elected Mayor. From what I can tell, Dion Watkins and Rahm Emanuel have this in common. Having a duel residency in not unusual. Many people have multiple homes for many reasons. The courts determined that it was okay for Emanuel to seek office even though he had not met the 3 month residency requirement to legally run for mayor of Chicago. So what is your point? Watkins claims to have resided at his Church while seeking the office of mayor. End of story.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Sounds more like an opportunist.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why are you playing naive?
    Not playing naive at all. He claims he is living at the parsonage. Until they have any other proof he isn't this point is stupid. Let's talk about issues facing Lackawanna. Seems like the democrats just love focusing on stupid issues rather than the issues facing the people they represent. Just look around the area and see for yourself.

Examples: Giza and Dino Fudoli in Lancaster
    Mark " Collins filled the Ballot" Poloncarz (Then when he realizes its a dem connected to him he changes his tune now today he's singing a robocall story)
    Barbara Miller Williams and her ex employee's complaints a year after she was fired and 8 days before an election

This party has no record or anything of substance to run on so they run on stuff that has no bearing on the people just dirt or rather cow manure that goes after people personally rather than on their record.The real truth is Szymanski has no record of accomplishments whatsoever so he is doing this to win an election.( Just because you plagiarize 2 laws doesn't make it count for an accomplishment)
    Last edited by mnb811; October 31st, 2011 at 10:59 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I know they have nothing to run on. That is why all the local democratic party led by Lenny Lenihan can do is try to divide our community against each other.

Post What is the Difference?..........

Point of Contention:

Geoff Szymanski condoned and voted for people to be employed by the City of Lackawanna knowing full well that they did NOT live in Lackawanna over the past six years of his Councilman-ship!
    Geoff Szymanski broke and continues to break the LAW regarding residency for ALL Lackawanna employees by NOT enforcing the LAW!(except Police and Fire after so many years).
    Geoff Szymanski, bullied me down every time I attempted to discuss the residency LAW enforcement!
    Geoff Szymanski voted in January 2008 to give his close relative a Department Head position knowing full well he lives in Hamburg and only uses his Lackawanna place as his front of a residency to pretend he lives here and to vote from!
    Geoff Szymanski, YOU own an empty home in Beth Park that the neighbors had to get after about mowing, etc.,and owe taxes too like many of us, and live in your Fathers' house!

SO......
    What is the difference........?!?

Geoff Szymanski, why is it good for the goose---but not for the gander?

Dion Watkins has an almost impossible chance of winning the election. He is running a write-in campaign against a candidate that has the politicial and financial backing of the Democratic Party. The Democrats have nearly 90% of the registered voters in Lackawanna. Beating the politicial machine and the crony politics in Lackawanna makes any outsider's chance of winning a long shot at best.

The Democrats have taken advantage of the City for generations and now that they may actually have someone that can beat the system has them running scared. Many of the voters that I have talked to are tired of the lack of leadership that this city has demonstrated. Dividing the community is what they do best and the lack of ideas to improve the city is their platform. When failed policies are your platform and maintaining the status quo is your only claim to fame you had better distroy any oppositon.

In the past, the elections in Lackawanna usually ended with the primary. As we have seen over the past month, the Democratic nominee has not tried to expand his platform. They thought the election was over already. Now with someone that has a chance to upset the cart they have no idea what to do, hense all the politicial bull that they are spewing.

This is politics and stranger things have happened. Imagine this city with no real ties to the Democratic Party. The politicially connected in this city must be pucking all over themselves.

Great points. But nothing is impossible as it seems. If a US Senator can win an election as a write in why couldn't a mayoral candidate? The democratic heir apparent has no record of accomplishing anything whatsoever. He hasn't even been seen for years doing anything until this year. I'm surprised no one had him placed on the side of a milk carton as a missing person.

Your right on point Andrea, good for you.

Post Yepper!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Dion Watkins has an almost impossible chance of winning the election. He is running a write-in campaign against a candidate that has the politicial and financial backing of the Democratic Party. The Democrats have nearly 90% of the registered voters in Lackawanna. Beating the politicial machine and the crony politics in Lackawanna makes any outsider's chance of winning a long shot at best.

The Democrats have taken advantage of the City for generations and now that they may actually have someone that can beat the system has them running scared. Many of the voters that I have talked to are tired of the lack of leadership that this city has demonstrated. Dividing the community is what they do best and the lack of ideas to improve the city is their platform. When failed policies are your platform and maintaining the status quo is your only claim to fame you had better distroy any oppositon.

In the past, the elections in Lackawanna usually ended with the primary. As we have seen over the past month, the Democratic nominee has not tried to expand his platform. They thought the election was over already. Now with someone that has a chance to upset the cart they have no idea what to do, hense all the politicial bull that they are spewing.

This is politics and stranger things have happened. Imagine this city with no real ties to the Democratic Party. The politicially connected in this city must be pucking all over themselves.

Very well said getalife123!

Aren't any of the Democrats mad at "The Party" poli-tricks too? I bet they are!
    Does everyone vote as they are told or showed how to in Lackawanna? I bet they don't!

I have been mad at the way the ones in charge have let Lackawanna decay for many years! I know many other folks are too!
    Yes, stanger things have happened! At the polls is where "it's" at, at the polls.

The old saying, "If it's not broken-don't fix it", is NOT applicable to the City of Lackawanna, New York.........."It" is broken and someone HAS to fix it!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information