Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeyenko & his school board does it again

Post Facts!

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    If calling a liar a liar is 'name calling' then so be it. If pointing out misinformation and posting truth about three or four of you is 'cry babying' then I'm proud to be one.
    FYI- The football team can't have new uniforms because of short sighted, vindictive individuals like YOU that campaigned to vote down the budget. All you did was lay off several good young teachers and eliminate several sports. Good job.
    10/11 LSD Budget $44,000,000 appr. Tax Levy 8.5 mil

April 14, 2011 LBOE 11/12'adopted Budget $45,000,000 appr. Tax Levy 7.5 mil

June 22, 2011 LSD 11/12' Contingency Budget adopted by the LBOE $44,600,000 appr. Tax Levy 8.42 mil

As of June 30, 2011 there is a 5-7 million dollar Fund Balance (savings account)........
    No need to lay anyone off so there was no need to hire anyone either! Only an appr. $400,000 difference in their budgets---they still got their/OUR money any way you break it down.
    And OUR kids could play in new equipment like other districts.

With the facts being what they are........and Please, tell me if I error-ed..........Who are the VINDICTIVE ones, and then cry wee wee wee....allthewayhome!?

Post The Truth About Lies:

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    Read what's written moron. Stated nothing about the voters. Refered to those that CAMPAIGNED against the budget. Disgruntled FORMER employees, FORMER councilwoman, FORMER school board member, etc. One party violated election law and campaigned while working as a checker. Wonder why she wasn't arrested? AGAIN!
    The Truth About Lies:

A lie is not in the words, or lack of words; it's in the intention of the deceiver.
    " Neither shall you bear false witness against thy neighbour......"

Waiting and wondering about what you say I did while working as an Inspector.
    BTW....have you ever taken an oath for anything, gohome?

Hot off the Press

C. Chudzik, teacher aide at the HS., wife of D. Chudzik (previous board member) will be retiring in January. Board of Fools get your candidates ready, we will be watching you.

I can't believe the school officials of Lackawanna are selling jobs to the highest bidders, shame on u before u think of ur wallet think about our kids.

Attendance Teacher

Mrs. Meagan Bender daughter of Maureen Gambino (Board Member) Hired 8/4/11 Special Meeting, no public meeting, as Attendance Teacher. Funny Maureen was absent from that meeting, way to go Board of Fools.

Always too much sun in Florida! Every student who has in IEP (Individual Education Plan) that has written in it that the child have an aide must have an aide. That is the law. Are you telling me all of the aides in Lackawanna are working with special education children? I would like to see that.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post How was the PUBLIC notified about this PUBLIC Meeting...they did a lot in 15 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Mrs. Meagan Bender daughter of Maureen Gambino (Board Member) Hired 8/4/11 Special Meeting, no public meeting, as Attendance Teacher. Funny Maureen was absent from that meeting, way to go Board of Fools.
    Page 1 of 4 August 4, 2011
    Lackawanna City School District’s
    BOARD OF EDUCATION
    245 South Shore Blvd.
    Lackawanna, New York 14218
    Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Lackawanna City School District’s Board
    of Education held on Thursday, August 4, 2011
    in the Superintendent’s
    Conference Room 202, 245 South Shore Blvd., Lackawanna, New York at
    6:00 P.M.
    Purpose of meeting: Personnel Cuts. Immediately after Executive Session,
    the Board of Education will meet in open session to approve a detailed
    Contingency Budget
    A) Opening
    Board President, John W. Makeyenko called the Special Meeting to order at
    6:00 P.M.
    ROLL CALL
    BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Motyka, Joyce, Miller, Friend, Sanders,
    and Makeyenko
    ABSENT : Maureen Gambino
    Also present, Nicholas D. Korach, Superintendent of Schools
    Sameh Masry, School Business Official
    Carl Morgan, School Attorney
    1) APPROVE LIFEGUARD FOR AFTER SCHOOL EVENTS
    Motion by Member Joyce, seconded by President Makeyenko upon the
    recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve
    Ms. Heidi Steckstor as a lifeguard for after school events as prescribed in the 2011-
    2012 Recruitment Bulletin #2 at a rate of compensation of $25.00 per hour.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    ALL IN FAVOR/NONE OPPOSED
    6-0
    APPROVED
    2) APPROVE CREATION/RECALL OF .4 FTE PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
    Motion by Motyka, seconded by Joyce upon the recommendation of the
    Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to create a .4 FTE Physical Education
    Page 2 of 4 August 4, 2011
    Teacher position for the 2011-2012 school year and that Ms. Marisa Mauro be
    recalled and appointed to the position effective September 1, 2011 in accordance
    with Section 0401 of the Lackawanna Teachers Federation contract.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED
    3) APPROVE MOA-DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS
    Motion by Joyce, seconded by Motyka upon the recommendation of the
    Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve the attached
    Memorandum of Agreement between the Lackawanna City School District and Mr.
    Matthew McKenna, Director of Athletics be ratified by the Board and authority be
    granted to the President of the Board to execute said Memorandum on behalf of the
    School District.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED-attachment #1
    4) APPROVE APPOINTMENT OF ATTENDANCE TEACHER
    Motion by President Makeyenko, seconded by Member Joyce upon the
    recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to appoint
    Mrs. Meagan T. Bender as a probationary School Attendance Teacher in the Special
    Subject Tenure Area of School Attendance effective Thursday, September 1, 2011.
    Mrs. Bender will be assigned to the High School under the direct supervision of Mr.
    Stephen Dimitroff and paid on Step 1 Bachelor Schedule plus graduate hours in
    accordance with the 2011-2012 Lackawanna Teachers Federation Contract.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    5) APPROVE APPOINTMENT OF (2) Teacher Aides
    Motion by President Makeyenko, seconded by Member Mrs. Friend upon the
    the appointment of 1) Kathleen Joyce and 2) Courtney Daley to two (2) 10-month
    Teacher Aide positions. Both candidates meet the qualifications as outlined in the
    District posting. The effective date of employment for each will be September 1,
    2011. Their salary and benefits will be in accordance with the current CSEA contract.
    On the question, Motyka amended this motion to separate this motion to 5A and 5
    B to be voted on separately, seconded by Miller.
    VOTING ON THE AMENDED MOTION TO SEPARATE
    6-0
    AMENDMENT APPROVED
    5A APPOINTMENT OF KATHLEEN JOYCE/TEACHER AIDE POSITION
    Page 3 of 4 August 4, 2011
    Motion by President Makeyenko, seconded by Member Motyka upon the
    the appointment of Kathleen Joyce to a 10 month Teacher Aide Position. Mrs. Joyce
    meets the qualifications as outlined in the District posting. The effective date of
    employment will be September 1, 2011. Her salary and benefits will be in
    accordance with the current CSEA contract.
    For the Record, Mr. David Joyce stated that Kathleen Joyce is his wife.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED
    5B APPOINTMENT OF COURTNEY DALEY/TEACHER AIDE POSTION
    Motion by Member Friend, seconded by President Makeyenko upon the
    the appointment of Courtney Daley to a 10 month Teacher Aide Position. Ms. Daley
    meets the qualifications as outlined in the District posting. The effective date of
    employment will be September 1, 2011. Her salary and benefits will be in
    accordance with current CSEA contract.
    Motion amended by Ronald Miller to appoint of Elizabeth Krakowski to this position,
    seconded by Motyka.
    VOTING ON THE AMENDMENT FIRST FOR Mrs. Krakowski
    AYES: Motyka, Miller, Makeyenko
    NAYS: Joyce, Friend, Sanders,
    3-3
    AMENDMENT FAILED
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE ON THE ORGINIAL MOTION OF MS. DALEY
    6-0
    APPROVED
    6) APPROVE RECALL OF TEN (10) MONTH EMPLOYEES
    Motion by Joyce, seconded by Motyka upon the recommendation of the
    Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to approve the recall of 10-month
    employees to employment for the 2011-2012 school year. Ten-month employees
    include Teacher Aides, Monitors, Head Cook/Assistant Cooks, Food Service Helpers,
    Pre-K Bus Monitors, and the Part-time Sub Registry Clerk.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED
    7) APPROVE APPOINTMENT OF SCIENCE TEACHER
    Motion by Joyce, seconded by Friend upon the recommendation of the
    Superintendent of Schools, Nicholas D. Korach, to appoint Mrs. Jean Gallo as a
    probationary 7-12 Science Teacher in the Science Tenure Area Effective Thursday,
    September 1, 2011. Mrs. Gallo will be assigned to the High School under the direct
    supervision of Mr. Stephen Dimitroff and paid on Step 1 and in accordance with the
    2011-2012 Lackawanna Teachers Federation contract.
    Page 4 of 4 August 4, 2011
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE:
    6-0
    APPROVED
    8) APPROVE EXECUTION AND DELIVERY OF ENERGY PERFORMANCE
    CONTRACT LEASE/PURCHASE AGREEMENT RESOLUTION AND AUTHORIZE
    BOARD PRESIDENT TO EXECUTE

Motion by Motyka, seconded by Joyce to approve the attached Resolution authorizing
    the execution and delivery of an energy performance contract lease/purchase
    agreement and related documents.
    DULY PUT TO A VOTE
    6-0
    APPROVED-attachment #2
    Motion to adjourn by Mr. Kenneth Motyka, seconded by Mrs. Lisa Friend.
    SPECIAL MEETING OF AUGUST 4, 2011 ADJOURNED AT 6:15 p.m.
    For the record, on August 4, 2011, Board Clerk, Annette Iafallo was on vacation.
    Mrs. Kathleen McHugh from the Superintendent’s Office recorded the meeting.
    Minutes from the meeting were typed from the recording by Mrs. Iafallo.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have said it and I stick with it........ I never want to see anyone lose their job..........BUT----What Is Going On, Teaching kids or the "family and friends" employment agency? Were these jobs posted somewhere---I know many people would love to apply?! How many minorities were hired?

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    Always too much sun in Florida! Every student who has in IEP (Individual Education Plan) that has written in it that the child have an aide must have an aide. That is the law. Are you telling me all of the aides in Lackawanna are working with special education children? I would like to see that.....
    I would to. Its a joke. Can you say state takeover!!!

Personnel cuts-purpose of meeting?????????????????????? 8/4/11

Looks like new & rehires to me.

How can you have new hires without hiring back the layoffs?

How can you have new hires without hiring back the layoffs?

Isnt that illegal?

I wonder how many people employed by the city or school district that send their kids to a private school???

Thumbs down Here's the breakdown:

Cut people ya don't like and hire new people and rehires you do like. Get it? I know what your getting at no cuts at this meeting. LOL

Read this care fully and very carefully:
    Purpose of meeting: Personnel Cuts. Immediately after Executive Session,
    the Board of Education will meet in open session to approve a detailed
    Contingency Budget.

Here's how it works:

1)At executive session hire friends and family. No public allowed.( Make sure you do all this before you approve contingency budget so you don't get screwed!)
    Also when you do it this way with no public allowed it's ok to vote for your wife. Without getting reemed!

2) Immediately after executive session have an open meeting to approve a detailed list of people you want to dump and appoved a "detailed" contingency budget.( See how it works pay your lawyer enough money to find a loophole,technicality or whatever to get what YOU want. Screw the kids they are an AFTER THOUGHT afterall this isn't a "school" district its an employment agency for friends and family!) meanwhile the district is ranked right next to Buffalo GEE I WONDER WHY!!!!!
    Last edited by mnb811; September 21st, 2011 at 09:46 PM.

I can make this even better. You see in order to get your daughter the attendance job you first have to terminate the current employee. This is how it went. The previous attendance teacher was terminated because her certification was about to expire. Both BOCES and the State of New York did not offer that program for certification anymore. The teacher worked on this job for five years and had tenure. The Human Resource Department notified her that she could no longer work at that position because she would no longer be certified for that job title. The fact is that nobody in New York State will have that certification anymore because it is NOT offered. That did not stop the Board of Fools from terminating an employee that worked in this school district for many years.
    Next thing the Board of Fools does is to change the job title a little with the same responsibilities, same duties and same work load. They will tell you that they could find anyone to fill the job with the old certification. Then they hire the daughter of a current school board member without those certifications. Here is the catch 22, the new hire has the same qualifications as the person that they FIRED. Exactly the same but that doesn’t matter to them.
    It just keeps on going. This is the most corrupt board that you could have elected and they are obviously proud of it because they just keep shoving it down our throats. Maureen Gambino must be a proud mother and her daughter must feel especially loved for all the things done for her. The hell with the person you terminated she is not important. Great job John M. You never fail to amaze us with your arrogance.

Angry

I can make this even better. You see in order to get your daughter the attendance job you first have to terminate the current employee. This is how it went. The previous attendance teacher was terminated because her certification was about to expire. Both BOCES and the State of New York did not offer that program for certification anymore. The teacher worked on this job for five years and had tenure. The Human Resource Department notified her that she could no longer work at that position because she would no longer be certified for that job title. The fact is that nobody in New York State will have that certification anymore because it is NOT offered. That did not stop the Board of Fools from terminating an employee that worked in this school district for many years.
    Next thing the Board of Fools does is to change the job title a little with the same responsibilities, same duties and same work load. They will tell you that they could find anyone to fill the job with the old certification. Then they hire the daughter of a current school board member without those certifications. Here is the catch 22, the new hire has the same qualifications as the person that they FIRED. Exactly the same but that doesn’t matter to them.
    It just keeps on going. This is the most corrupt board that you could have elected and they are obviously proud of it because they just keep shoving it down our throats. Maureen Gambino must be a proud mother and her daughter must feel especially loved for all the things done for her. The hell with the person you terminated she is not important. Great job John M. You never fail to amaze us with your arrogance.
    That is truly despicable. Really feel for the person who lost their job, these people don't care who they trample to grab at the golden ring. Messing with someone's livlihood is as low as it goes. These people should be shunned in the community, they deserve no respect. I would be embarrassed to show my face in the city if I acted that way!
    I know of another person who's career was purposely ruined by the city of Lackawanna, they never did recover (yet). Again, a person's livlihood should be sacred and good people wouldn't cross the line of decency here. I hope the person they fired ends up with a better position making double!

What a way to go to work

Your right mnb811, the school atty will find a loophole for the Board of Fools & Nickie. There was not a teaching job to be found because of the layoffs and budget. With Meagan Bender's AKA Gambino teachers certification she was not qualified to fill any current openings. This process by the board was started in January of 2011 when the previous attendance teacher was wrongfully terminated. Mrs. Bender made it known that was the job she wanted. With the board manipulating the system, Bender and Gambino got what they wanted. Rumors are the teacher's union is still fighting this action. No job is safe is this school district with this board. What a way to go to work. The Schools march right to the bottom.

Post Nepotism Law for NYS

New York

General ethical considerations, but no specific prohibition.

A legislator should not by his conduct give reasonable basis for the impression that any person can improperly influence him or unduly enjoy his favor in the performance of his official duties, or that he is affected by the kinship, rank, position of influence of any party or person.

**Note: NY S 6159 & 6160, currently referred to the Senate Rules Committee, if passed, would expand the nepotism provision; prohibit legislators and staff who are policymakers from having any knowledge of or processing paperwork for the employment of any relative in the same chamber. Requires that all legislators and staff disclose the names of relatives working for the legislature. Would provide that no officer or employee of a state agency, member of the legislature or legislative employee should attempt to use their official position to secure unwarranted privileges or exemptions for their relatives.

N.Y. Public Officers Law
    Article 4, §74

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information