Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the voters really want sbs as city council president?

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    The really sad part is that simply because of the "family & friends" network, the UNINFORMED and UNEDUCATED general public who do NOT read the Front Page, who do NOT attend City Council meetings, who do NOT care about politics or issues or anything in the City EXCEPT when it DIRECTLY affects them...these people will happily allow signs on their front lawns and will happily vote for whomever they are told to vote for. People like sbs get into office because the status quo have "nested" like fat little hens into their political office, and made good their campaign promises to get wife/son/neice/drinking buddy a token City/School/Housing/Summer job.

Sadly, many people in public office are products of the tight little group of friends and family they represent, and the personalities and moral attitudes of these little groups permeate City Hall and the school district. The friends and family of sbs think, talk, walk the same way she does. They don't know any better because they never have wandered very far from the safety of their group. They go to the same bar. They hang out with the same people. They share the same prejudices, opinions, attitudes, morals, mindset as everyone else in the group. Anything new and different scares the hell out of them! Anything new and different puts them on the defensive and makes them all "twitchy and jerky" because it may require CHANGE
    people are willing to not try for the platter full of food, because they are worried that the bully will take away the crums!!!!!

Hmmm sounds like some bull**** to me, SBS doesnt have the backing of the friends and family members in city hall, but yet you still try to connect her to them, why ,because you have a candidate in the race that is a non factor with no vision or platform what so ever, so you think tearing up a candidate is going to get you elected , I dont thinks so , it hasnt worked for you mongers in the past and its not going to work for you this time around. Save your bull**** for someone or somewhere that hasnt seen it before! Thanks and Lots of signs are still up contrary to what you are reporting!

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Hmmm sounds like some bull**** to me, SBS doesnt have the backing of the friends and family members in city hall, but yet you still try to connect her to them, why ,because you have a candidate in the race that is a non factor with no vision or platform what so ever, so you think tearing up a candidate is going to get you elected , I dont thinks so , it hasnt worked for you mongers in the past and its not going to work for you this time around. Save your bull**** for someone or somewhere that hasnt seen it before! Thanks and Lots of signs are still up contrary to what you are reporting!
    Again you seemed to have missed the point. The family and friends comes out of our disfunctional school board. The point we have been making is that we don't need the bull from the school district involved in City Hall. To have anyone with a brain believe that Sue is not the puppet of John M is a fool. Anyone who believes that John M won't run the city council through Sue is on Lackawanna Cheap Drugs. Look in your own backyard. The point is we don't want or need the family and friends Klan to control the council. We don't need threats from the racist. We need good honest people in city hall that will take care of the best interest of the taxpayers and not the scumbag dealings that John M conducts.

I wonder why no council president candidate has called out Sue Bokan Stan on her article in the front page trashing Baker Victory Services. Since BVS is the biggest employer left in Lackawanna why would you trash them? Her mother in law even works or worked there. Its bad enough we had Norm, Chuck and Geoff trying to run Sorrento out of business and now the citizens have to deal with this. I saw a lot of kids at Victory playground when I attended the Lackawanna Fire 5k thing yesterday and I felt like going over there asking them if they were all from the home are Martin Rd. since Sue implies that all the "problems" in that area come from there. Actually she should have went there herself I bet she would have been surprised!Nice job on that article Ron keep up the good work! Talk about lies and misinformation!!!! Good job on the Lackawanna Fire 5k thing BTW

No balls mnb811, SBS was at the Lackawanna Fire 5k why did't you ask her about her article? Afraid big balls on the web site guess none in person.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    I wonder why no council president candidate has called out Sue Bokan Stan on her article in the front page trashing Baker Victory Services. Since BVS is the biggest employer left in Lackawanna why would you trash them? Her mother in law even works or worked there. Its bad enough we had Norm, Chuck and Geoff trying to run Sorrento out of business and now the citizens have to deal with this. I saw a lot of kids at Victory playground when I attended the Lackawanna Fire 5k thing yesterday and I felt like going over there asking them if they were all from the home are Martin Rd. since Sue implies that all the "problems" in that area come from there. Actually she should have went there herself I bet she would have been surprised!Nice job on that article Ron keep up the good work! Talk about lies and misinformation!!!! Good job on the Lackawanna Fire 5k thing BTW
    Wonder why you didnt call her out on her article, your lies are all catching up with you,I ran the 5k and didnt see you there, but I did see her,sit on here and make up lies, still not going to help you! Everyone knows your game and you got none just like you have no balls to confront her., Next thing you know is you probably won the race too!

Lightbulb ?????????

No balls mnb811, SBS was at the Lackawanna Fire 5k why did't you ask her about her article? Afraid big balls on the web site guess none in person.

So why didn't SBS attend the Chamber of Commerce Lackawanna Council President Debate last week?
    Was she at another political function on August 31?

Is she ........what...........please share why did she NOT show up to debate us?

Post Mindset........

BTW......
    People who say they are going to vote for someone because they, "know the family", or "we go way back", and "they used to live by us"...........etc. This kind of mindset has gotten us stuck in 1965 and caused the lack of a vibrant-modern Lackawanna. The money is spent on the family and friends jobs--not the Cities' infrastructure, playgrounds, roads, revitalization, etc.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee, Lackawanna!

Take the time to look at each candidate separate from their family members----their family members will NOT be the one in front of The People handling day to day City business. Voting on contracts, meeting with people of all ethnic back-rounds-ages, County-State representatives.

I am the only candidate against nepotism and favoritism due to political pay-backs for a vote. I represent ALL the people in Lackawanna not some of the People!

Post In case anyone tries to slam me on my previous post......Clarification:

Clarification of my post regarding candidates back-rounds, necessary for those of you ready to pounce on anything I say or do:

I am NOT putting down anyone OR their families in my previous post! All families are important and I respect each and everyone one of them wholeheartedly.
    This critical Council President race is about the candidate themselves qualifications---resume'----capabilities!
    Their family is not running and just because they danced at your wedding it does not mean that they are a good dancer.

Please, in no way are any of my comments meant to offend anyone-----just stimulate the old-fashioned mindset that keeps the "lack" in Lackawanna by electing the same ole' same ole' families and friends self-serving agendas.

What did that letter that was sent out about SBS say?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Clarification of my post regarding candidates back-rounds, necessary for those of you ready to pounce on anything I say or do:

I am NOT putting down anyone OR their families in my previous post! All families are important and I respect each and everyone one of them wholeheartedly.

This critical Council President race is about the candidate themselves qualifications---resume'----capabilities!
    Their family is not running and just because they danced at your wedding it does not mean that they are a good dancer.

Please, in no way are any of my comments meant to offend anyone-----just stimulate the old-fashioned mindset that keeps the "lack" in Lackawanna by electing the same ole' same ole' families and friends self-serving agendas.
    Then why if two groups of people bid on a job for the community you said something on the order of... "Even if one group was a little higher you would give them the bid if they were union"?....

Wonder why you didnt call her out on her article, your lies are all catching up with you,I ran the 5k and didnt see you there, but I did see her,sit on here and make up lies, still not going to help you! Everyone knows your game and you got none just like you have no balls to confront her., Next thing you know is you probably won the race too!
    LOL Why should I confront her on anything. I'd only get sucker punched by John! BTW I didn't run the race I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    So why didn't SBS attend the Chamber of Commerce Lackawanna Council President Debate last week?
    Was she at another political function on August 31?

Is she ........what...........please share why did she NOT show up to debate us?
    Another lie on her part. In her letter to the editor of the Front Page she says she was not able to get out of her "previous obligation" but yet she shows up at Keith Lewis' Party while the debate is going on. Go figure. All talk but no courage to answer questions! I am sure Lackawanna 1 will answer for his wife.

Q:What did that letter that was sent out about SBS say?
    A:Apparently the truth and they just don't like it!

I just saw it today. Does anyone have a scanner? It should be put on here just to drive Lackawanna1 into a frenzy!!!

Post Disappointed...........

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Another lie on her part. In her letter to the editor of the Front Page she says she was not able to get out of her "previous obligation" but yet she shows up at Keith Lewis' Party while the debate is going on. Go figure. All talk but no courage to answer questions! I am sure Lackawanna 1 will answer for his wife.

I was extremely disappointed to NOT see her show up at the LA Chamber Debate on Aug. 31. I have never really talked to her or heard her talk about Lackawanna issues in person. Newspaper rhetoric/fluff is what it is. I was looking forward to hearing her views and solutions to OUR problems.
    Now you say she was at a Cocktail Party?-----A rival of the Candidate that her team/camp are supporting to boot!

Does she not see all the debates on TV? It is the American way to debate in order to show the voters your knowledge of the issues/current events.

Her letter in the Front Page sounded as if she could not get out of her "previous engagement"........whoa.
    OK, lack1......I have my boots on!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information