Thread: Lets Start Cutting Some of the Exuberant Benefits From Our Elected Officials

Lets Start Cutting Some of the Exuberant Benefits From Our Elected Officials

I have just been learning about some of the benefits that are afforded to our civil servants. For starters I was informed that the work day for the people in City Hall is from 9:00 AM till 4:30 PM included in these hours of work is a hour lunch, that means these people are actually working per say for 6.5 hours a day and receiving 8 hours of pay. This gets better on every Wednesday during the months of July and August these people only work until 12:00 PM and get their full eight hours of pay. I would like to hear from somebody if this is true, I cant believe that this was ever allowed. This is one of the problems with having so many family members working for the City, how does anything get negotiated in good faith when its your uncle, child, wife etc asking. I hope that one of the new guys gets elected and changes that and I DONT MEAN RENEGOTIATE IT for something in return I MEAN TAKE it AWAY. If you are getting eight hours of pay your rear should be there for at least the eight hours. We hard working people of the private sector are getting very sick and tired of YOU PUBLIC EMPLOYEES giving it to us every chance you get. I went to City Hall once to get a permit to install a fence, I went at 12:15ish I was told I would have to wait until 1:00 PM until they got back from lunch. Can you believe that they shut the whole department down for lunch because they feel they should be able to go to lunch together, they dont give a rats bass that the people actually paying their wages also work and that we try to get stuff done during our unpaid lunch hour.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What town do you live in. You will be surprised what our "elected officials" have given away

Join the real world

Working the private sector and getting close to retirement I am amazed at the differences in how the public and private sectors work. Anyone who is employed in the private sector knows that when the business is in trouble the employees are asked to contribute to the survival of that business. This can be wage and benefit give backs. These employees understand instinctively that the failure of the employer results in you losing your job. The public sector on the other hand believes that it is their right to fleece the people in their district for as much as they can steal. I don't know of any give backs by the public sector even though the economy is in the tank. The games that are played has become a joke on the taxpayers. When we elect those candidates that are "connected" we continue to get the same results. Whether in city hall or the school district we see the same things. Jobs for FAMILY AND FRIENDS CLUB.

There is a school board meeting tonight and I'll bet that Joyce and Daley will get jobs as teacher aids. The two are related or connected to John Makeyenko (board president) or other board members. The school district is loaded with this type of nepotism and crony politics. It is on the agenda. Go to the meeting and see Lackawanna's best at work. The list is staggering. If not tonight then they will do it at a special meeting (when the public is not there) since school starts in less then 2 weeks. Believe me it is a done deal. These jobs are a case of good wages and benefits for a 10 month employee. Don't you wish you could work 10 months and a years worth of wages and benefits.

I wonder what jobs SBS has for her family if she is elected to council president. Same group will get you the same results. I understand the Taylor Law that regulates negotiations with the public sector and that the scales of justice tilts to the employee. It is time to trash this law. Let them strike and maybe we can get back to some sort of common sense.

I am sure that John M. thinks he is Robin Hood but the fact is that Robin Hood was just a thief.

Thread Information