Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Mayor Corruption runs deep

Lackawanna Mayor Corruption runs deep

Now that we have elected a Plumber to run the city down the drain/toilet it is only beginning to show the true colors of the city with the recent scandal.

Mayor Polanski makes deals for election votes and jobs is appaling. Yes caught on tape he was using his authority as they usually do. I would recommend everyone carry a tape recorder its legal. I told you more was coming and here it is. The disturbing thing here is that these are people of Polish descent as I am. What a disgrace to my heritage the corruption.

I wish Kathy Pancsykowski a long time worker for the city ousted by Mayor Polanski for not making any deals to keep her job should file also with the human rights agency for back pay and dignity.

Polanski too called Kathy a poor worker when in fact Kathy mad it through many adminstrations because she was a good worker. Polanski probably offered her a deal too and she refused being honest as Kathy is. So Polanski the Mayor fired her. How disgracful to the Polish heritage. Whom alse has Polanski made these deals with to get him elected again. I hope the DA will intervene which I heard he will and show Buffalo area voters that corruption needs to stop. Isn't it bad enough that we are shrinking in population and jobs. These people all have other great paying jobs and want more. The root of all evil greed! These are also church going people why I am not sure. I think they think there wil be some reconcilation. Don't count on it!

It is time that the citizens of Erie County rise up and be enraged by all this crappola that goes on in almost every town, city, and village here. Too much patronage, union influence, etc. I think there would be competition with Lackawanna to be the poster child for corruption.

Unless reasonable people protest and demand their Constitutional rights, this place will be doomed to the scap pile of history.

Erie County : Get off your lazy asses and do something !
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

King Polanski?

In case you haven't heard the latest on Mayor Polanski, take a look at this from wgrz.
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...mvuc6CF/hqk%3D

Polanski does not care about the City of Lackawanna or it's citizens. His only concern is his own personal gain. In this mornings channel 2 news he compared himself to a CEO of a company. His he nuts! He is an employee of the City, a public servant. His job is to look out for the best interests of the citizens of Lackawanna, not to take their hard earned money and spend it on his hearts desires. Does he consider Lackawanna his Kingdom? Should we address him King Norman?

The man is a criminal. First he is questioned about committing a Federal offense of bribery for votes and now he’s using taxpayer's money like his own personal piggy bank. He states this was brought to the public’s attention because of petty politics. Polanski may think $17,000 is petty, but I don’t think the hard working people of Lackawanna will consider it petty. It was purchased through the Department of Public Works, therefore it is a DPW vehicle, but he states no one else can have use of it and he claims he uses it for government business only. I for one will be watching you Norm. It is understood that all City governments need government vehicles, but it would seem to me that a caring Mayor of a poor City would opt not to abuse the people’s money in this way. Like any other employee, he should use his own paycheck for his personal vehicle.

I would compare Polanski to a tyrant ruler, whose people are suffering and starving while his belly gets fatter as he feasts off the taxes he’s collected from the poor people.

He claims he's lowered the taxes, does he think the citizens are stupid? The property assessments were raised ridiculously high (for most of us), making the taxpayers pay the same if not more than before the so-called lowering of taxes.

I have personally had to contact the Mayor’s office to complain about some of the public servants of Lackawanna on at least three occasions and he has never replied. The last time, I complained, the Mayor sent his goons on me to "persuade me by whatever means necessary". I have been back and forth in court with the City for quite some time. My problems started with this City three years ago and I will never stop “fighting City Hall” when there is injustice.

I hope that Polanski and his goons are feeling the heat! I will joyously celebrate the day when the walls come tumbling down around them and they are all removed from their positions.
    Last edited by tiredofbs; August 17th, 2008 at 01:16 AM.

Ridiculous

At a time when gas it at record highs, it must be nice to not have to pay that bill.

Plus, he waited until after re-election to make his gift to himself. His arrogance is second only to the goofy look on his face when he is lying.

Wonder if we'll see his vehicle at O'Daniels? Probably there on City business, 24/7!

Whatever. He can't run again so he will do what he wants...unless they change the law for him to eliminate the term limits!! Watch for that one.

Thumbs up Lackawanna decision makers

Thanks for the inforamtion on the recent lackawanna government coruption development. I don't watch too much TV, so this is a great thread you posted.

Agree with the accessment values going up and Polanski misleading people about property taxes going down. This is BS. It's too sad that majority of people aren't involved in community discussions. I aslo wish the Front Page had a reporter to engage people in decision making in Lackawanna.
    It seems that "a few control all" rule applies in Lackawanna. People brownnose in order to get a city position. It's very very sad.

Do we need four councilperson here? I don't think so.

Taxes aren't low in Lackawanna. What do we have in return? No services for youth and famillies. Shame!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs
    In this mornings channel 2 news he compared himself to a CEO of a company. His he nuts! He is an employee of the City, a public servant. His job is to look out for the best interests of the citizens of Lackawanna, not to take their hard earned money and spend it on his hearts desires. Does he consider Lackawanna his Kingdom? Should we address him King Norman?

CEO's of companies usually have SOME qualifications to hold their position.

You are right, our system of government (unfortunately) does not require any sort of profrssional qualifications to run for office. It is based on the "public service" aspect and the oath taken to work FOR the people.

If we addressed him as "King Norman" he might have to get some new shirts so he can remember what job he has - as opposed to the NORM POLANSKI - MAYOR shirts he is always wearing. I wonder who pays for them?

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida
    Agree with the accessment values going up and Polanski misleading people about property taxes going down. This is BS. It's too sad that majority of people aren't involved in community discussions. I aslo wish the Front Page had a reporter to engage people in decision making in Lackawanna.
    It seems that "a few control all" rule applies in Lackawanna. People brownnose in order to get a city position. It's very very sad.

Do we need four councilperson here? I don't think so.

Taxes aren't low in Lackawanna. What do we have in return? No services for youth and famillies. Shame!!

It is worse than just the property taxes...he has squandered MILLIONS$$ in state aid while in office. How do property taxes continue to rise while State Aid has increased over 50%, from 4 mil to over 6 mil!

Guess that is how he is able to collect over $200,000 in his household from the city. (his salary and his two kids that also work for the City - and live with him).

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor
    Whatever. He can't run again so he will do what he wants...unless they change the law for him to eliminate the term limits!! Watch for that one.
    Doesn't his term end November 2011?

Thumbs up Prove and open to public

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor
    It is worse than just the property taxes...he has squandered MILLIONS$$ in state aid while in office. How do property taxes continue to rise while State Aid has increased over 50%, from 4 mil to over 6 mil!

Guess that is how he is able to collect over $200,000 in his household from the city. (his salary and his two kids that also work for the City - and live with him).
    If you know so much, can you prove it and open to public?

Easy to prove

Just look at the City Budgets

Money allows politicians to be forgiven for their mistakes. You can get all this off the State Comptroller's website under local government financial reporting - or just look at the City's budgets.

Thumbs up Elected Government Officials Don't Like Reporters

I don't like the word you're using-"complain." It's a very negative expression. Be positive because you're doing a great job. Do government officials elected by residents like investigative reporters: people who inform the truth?

Stay positive and don't overstress yourself. Do you want to inform Lackawanna residence about your discovery? Do you need help and support?

I don't like the word you're using-"complain." It's a very negative expression. Be positive because you're doing a great job. Do government officials elected by residents like investigative reporters: people who inform the truth?

Stay positive and don't overstress yourself. Do you want to inform Lackawanna residence about your discovery? Do you need help and support?
    I think I may be misunderstanding you. I filed complaints with the Mayor's office, what word should I have used?

I can't take credit for any "discovery" regarding the corruption of Lackawanna's City Hall, at least not yet. The media has made the corruption of the Mayor's office public during the past several months.

Help and support? I would like to help the citizens of Lackawanna. I'm not sure if they have been manipulated by the current administration or if they simply won't take their heads out of the sand. Most citizens are not as passionate as I am about getting rid of corruption in Lackawanna, but in their defense, they haven't been a target as I have been. If only they knew that I'm just like them. I am an average citizen who has dared to speakup against some very influential officials. One person actually asked me "aren't you afraid of what they could do to you?"

I look forward to the challenge!

[QUOTE=LAsurvivor]His arrogance is second only to the goofy look on his face when he is lying.

Two thumbs up LAsurvivor. I love your descripton of Mayor Polanski. It's sooooo true.

Thumbs up

Affraid of what? It's a joke, isn't? Credit for what?

Aren't you just helping yourself because you live in Lackawanna?

Affraid of what? It's a joke, isn't? Credit for what?

Aren't you just helping yourself because you live in Lackawanna?
    You obviously have no idea what is going on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information