Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt Politics

Corrupt Politics

Sooo...Another example of corrupt politics in Lackawanna. Mayor Polanski was caught on tape recorder making an illegal deal for votes by promising to keep the job of a public works employee. So not like this will casue a public outcry cause everyone is in the pockets of the democratic party but when will this end??? It started with Jaworski and Haxton and now on to the mayor!!!! Bring back Kuryak, Iafallo, Lewis, and Gorczyca and have them run the city. At least there will be some integrity!!

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/15455016.html

Very Interesting

We will have to wait to see how this charge of corruption stands up. This charge is how the day to day politics are played in Lackawanna. The citizens of this city are getting what they have voted for.

Watch your wallets the Democrats are here.

Who pays for it?

So when the civil rights case goes forward, who pays for the Mayor's attorney?

Oh, yea, we do!

Since the "deal" was for the Mayor's personal benefit, shouldn't he pay for his attorney himself? Watch the legal bills on this one (as well as the other ones).

We're in good hands

Don't worry, we are in good hands. The City Council will look out for the taxpayers on this one.

They will conduct their own investigation and ask the Mayor to resign for the good of the Community.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA

Let's see

The second ward councilman gets a job at the Water authority through the Lackawanna Democratic chairman who donates $25 grand to democratic candidates. I'm sure he will maintain his independence when voting on behalf of the taxpayers. ....but, if not, don't worry

The third ward councilman, who was appointed without an election with the recommendation of the Democratic committee (chairman). He surely will maintain his independence....but, if not, don't worry

The Council President, whose kids all got jobs from Polanski in the police department and he owes his election to the deals cut for Norm (see the Independence Party nomination - and the water authority deal in today's paper - the "working relationship" included this guy). I'm sure he will fight for the taxpayer....but if not, don't worry

the first ward councilwoman will speak up for "us" and get shouted down and have the channel 4 cameras in her face and will get cited by the corrupt code enforcement officer who got his job as payback for political favors....but if not

never mind. I am going outside to put the "for sale" sign on my house

Mayoral Recall?

Fellow residents of Lackawanna, we do not have to stand by and permit a man to use his office for corrupt and unlawful practices. Let us begin to circulate a petition to recall Norman Polanski.

I would like to nominate a woman, who is not connected to any political or self-interest parties, for Mayor. These political parties are only seeking to serve their agendas rather than interests beneficial to the City of Lackawanna residents.

One of her priorities is help the residents of Lackawanna by putting money back into our pockets. Diane recognizes that the loss of the Steel industry meant loss of tax revenue from that industry. Diane was working on a proposal to use the brownfields for a windfarm owned and operated by the City of Lackawanna for the purpose of generating low cost power for the residents of the City of Lackawanna.

Arcade employs its own electric utility system, and their residential rate is about $.03 kWh; National Grid charges us about $.10 kWh, and NYSEG is about 25% higher than National Grid!

Diane's first priority as Mayor of Lackawanna is to utilize the former revenue producing Bethlehem Steel site to operate the City of Lackawanna Generating Facility, and provide electric rates to Lackawanna residents comparable to that of Arcade.

We can heat our homes with low cost electric rather than high cost gas from National Fuel Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookinforanswers
    never mind. I am going outside to put the "for sale" sign on my house
    Except you really won't.

Faux outrage is so... Lilliputian.
    Last edited by run4it; February 15th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Lilliputian?

Quote Originally Posted by Lookinforanswers

Never mind. I am going outside to put the "for sale" sign on my house
    Lookingforanswers, statement of selling his house is just a sarcastic remark expressing his outrage at the politics in Lackawanna.

The Liberal Politicians in Lackawanna are not looking out for taxpayers of this city. It has been this way for a long time.

Many a times I have thought of selling my house and moving but I'm trapped by the laws of economics and age. So moving; is out of the question.

Watch your wallets the Democrats are here

Mayoral Recall...yes!!!

Mayoral Recall...yes!!! Where’s the petition? I will sign it. Let’s clean out ALL of City Hall. They are all criminals. They continually abuse the power of their office. Polanski is a horse’s behind. Bremer is an arrogant boob. Geyer is just as bad if not worse. Do they even read the codes??? The list of evils from the code enforcement office is far too long to write down here. Krakowski, what City are you really assessing? I could go on and name them all, but I think you get my point. The citizen’s get poorer and the politicians get fatter. Nothing they do is for the citizens; their only concern is for themselves.

Now is the time, we have to act now if we really want Polanski and his crew out of office. Do we want the current City council to choose the next Mayor? Hell no!!!

Citizens of Lackawanna, SPEAK OUT!! We don’t have to take it. We can make changes and choices. Band together and revolt against the “Lackawanna City Hall Bandits” as they truly are revolting.

Let’s UNITE for the cause. We can show them that we, the citizens, have the power. We will no longer be intimidated, harassed, bullied or suppressed by the current administration. We can help our City regain its dignity.

“Lackawanna City Hall Bandits”, your reign of terror is near its end, with the grace of God and the power of the people.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Start planning now for the round of elections.

Diane Who??????

We are dealing with the same type of politics in the Town of Boston.

We have Bully "Little Hilter" Eagan as Supervisor also appointed by Lackawanna Mayor to a position in the City of Lackawanna as Empire Zone Director. (they went to High School together)

Hopefully all the Citizens of Lackawanna can stand up and kick the mayor to the curb along with all his appointed clowns.

Good Luck!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who endorsed the current guy your talking about?

illegally I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Who endorsed the current guy your talking about?
    With so many residents in Lackawanna that dislike Polanski, who did vote for him? Perhaps the only one smart enough to record Polanski's bribes was David Hardy. What makes anyone think that other's weren't bribed as well?

Was Mr. Hardy the only one who didn't receive his payoff (I've heard that the Mayor made some racial slurs about people of color within the past two weeks, which might explain what happened to Mr. Hardy).

Can we trust the ballot checkers? There has been something stinky in Lackawanna for a long time, and it's not the Steel Plant!

"Hardy also went to Erie County district attorney Frank Clark. Clark told 7 News he might investigate the matter."
    Frank Clark MIGHT investigate?????????

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs
    "Hardy also went to Erie County district attorney Frank Clark. Clark told 7 News he might investigate the matter."
    Frank Clark MIGHT investigate?????????
    Frank Clark is a master of the political game. Mr. Clark is not going to do anything that would upset the Democratic voters this election year. Especially when he may run for office again.

Beware the Democrats are dipping into your wallets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information