Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

Posted on the PoliticsNY.net website this morning:

"Looks like former Lackawanna Mayor Norman Polanski will announce for the Mark Schroeder seat (who will resign the Assembly by Aug. 30th). Polanski is looking for the endorsement over Higgins operative Chris Fahey."

isn't polanski still mayor of lackawanna? what would he run on, does he want to do for the assembly district what he has done for lackawanna? what has he done for lackawanna?

Polanski-Fahey-Kearns Battle Postponed
    Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor
    SCHROEDER WILL NOT RESIGN THIS MONTH AFTER ALL

Highly reliable sources are telling us that NYS Assemblymember and unopposed Buffalo City Comptroller candidate Mark Schroeder will NOT resign from the Assembly during the month of August after all so that his replacement could be chosen during the upcoming Nov. 8 local elections. The decision probably means that the special election to choose his successor will not be held until the April 24, 2012 New York presidential primary.

Some sources are saying that, if the county Democratic committee vote to nominate a successor to Schroeder had taken place in the next few weeks, it would have been Lackawanna Mayor Norm Polanski who would have emerged victorious. If the latest reports related to Schreoder are true, the committee vote to choose a nominee will not take place until February, possibly with Polanski facing Cong. Brian Higgins aide Chris Fahey and perhaps South District Councilman Mickey Kearns.

Lightbulb Who Would Tell Him What To Do?

Would that have meant earlier retirements AGAIN for his cronies/flunkies so that they can surround - support him in South Buffalo a new land to conquer?

Why not retire for real when you can and enjoy life, family? Carpe Diem!

NOT to get off topic....just an FYI:

The City of Lackawanna employees that are "double-dipping" work only 19/hrs week for $30,00/yr. Public Information.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    NOT to get off topic....just an FYI:

The City of Lackawanna employees that are "double-dipping" work only 19/hrs week for $30,00/yr. Public Information.
    Well the community has to put an end to that bull****..

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Well the community has to put an end to that bull****..
    Yes but, first they would have to be informed about it. The Buffalo news, Lackawanna Leader, Internet...yet most people have no idea it goes on. Unless the television stations splash it on the top story, most people just don't know about it.
    It's very frustrating to have powerful information that would help voters make the right choice, but no way to reach them!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well send it into the guys with the red jackets on channel 2. Let them expose what "government inc" is charging our community.

Anyone who watched Channel 4 will have some serious doubts about Norm Polanski as assemblyman. The guy admits he doesn't even know a simple law in his own city which he ran for 8years!!!!

did chuckie really say that he knew his were illegal and he did it anyway? did the mayor really say he didn't know the law. i wonder if the code enforcement put the notice in the front page four years ago?????? if they felt they had a need this year to put it in the paper, there was a reason!!!!!

Lackawanna Mayor Encouraged By Assembly Prospects
    Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor
    POLANSKI: “NOT ONE EXEC COMMITTEE MEMBER HAS SAID NO” IN ASSEMBLY BID

In the wake of Assemblyman and unopposed city comptroller candidate Mark Schroeder's indication that he will probably not resign this month so that a special election for his seat can be held on Nov. 8, announced Assembly candidate, Norm Polanski is reporting encouraging results in his quest. Since the seat will be filled through a special election once the incumbent resigns in the middle of his term, it will be the Erie County Democratic Party's executive committee that will choose the party's nominee.

“I've spoken to a number of my fellow members of the executive committee about supporting me for the nomination and I can tell you that not one of them has said no,” Lackawanna Mayor Polanski reports. “All of the members with whom I've talked have been very encouraging to me. I'm running and I'm going to win.”

Polanski adds that committee members seem resentful of the apparent attempt of Cong. Brian Higgins to install his aide, Chris Fahey, as the party's standard bearer in the race.

“The members of the executive committee are very angry about what Cong. Higgins has done,” says Polanski. “They are saying that the Congressman should stick to being our Congressman and keep out of local politics. They are saying that South Buffalo shouldn't get everything, that grassroots Democrats like myself should also receive due consideration for offices such as the NYS Assembly.”

Mayor Polanski seems encouraged by his view that Cong. Higgins has few loyalists on the executive committee.

“The Congressman has very little support on the committee,” he maintains. “That's why I believe I can win.”

Meanwhile, he is critical of Assemblymember Schroeder who had first indicated that he probably would resign on Aug. 30 or before and then indicated in the past week that this is unlikely. If Schroeder has resigned by the 30th, the executive committee would have chosen the nominee in the next few weeks. Since he won't be resigning until the end of the year, that decision is pushed off until some time in February.

“He has shown he is not a man of his word,” the Mayor charges. “He was supposed to be resigning to make sure his constituents would be represented during the first four months of 2012 by scheduling the special election on Nov. 8...Now all of that has gone out the window. Why? Is it because he knows the Congressman's candidate wouldn't win if the vote was held now?”

In the mayor's view, the Fahey candidacy is an example of greed on the part of South Buffalo Democrats.

“They want everything for themselves,” he states. “They don't think that a grassroots guy like myself, the son of hard working Polish-Americans, should ever be considered for such a position as NYS Assemblymember. Well, we are going to do our best to prove them wrong.”

You got to love that line "They want everything for themselves." Look in the mirror Normie please look in the mirror!!! BTW I know you know about the sign law because you voted for it when you were council president. So what does that make you?

He's been a fraud his entire political career

No kidding! Its time for the people who got shafted by him to stand up ( this includes Sorrento Cheese) and expose this "I want every thing for myself can't keep my word" mayor for exactly what he is a FARCE! He is a laughingstock especially after his nice sign parody on TV. Seriously someone should run against him and just use the last sound byte on that channel 4 thing in a commercial over and over and over again. This dude would get his ass kicked in a South Buffalo second!

Want to run against Normie but need some money??? Hit up Sorrento Cheese for one thing and then hit up all the dairy farms in Erie, Wyoming, Genesee and Livingston Counties that Normie tried to screw over with his "truck ban". BTW that cost Sorrento a million bucks in legal fees. I wonder how much the city paid its LAWYERS????

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Want to run against Normie but need some money??? Hit up Sorrento Cheese for one thing and then hit up all the dairy farms in Erie, Wyoming, Genesee and Livingston Counties that Normie tried to screw over with his "truck ban". BTW that cost Sorrento a million bucks in legal fees. I wonder how much the city paid its LAWYERS????
    MNB now equals MAN with NO BALLS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information