Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Town Priorities????

The question is not whether or not they are employees of the school. The question is whether or not their salaries from whatever source is funded in whole or in part from the school budget as well?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Eb, I believe the point that was being made had more to do with lack of information of the positions, than the program itself. On the surface, the increases that were proposed in the budget appeared to be last efforts by the previous administration to "take care of" Paul Clark loyalists. There was evidence, throughout the poorly constructed budget proposal, to insinuate this for several positions. No one doubts the merit of the PEER program, and the positive effect it has had on our young people. I do find it odd, however, that for all of the times students have been in attendance at the TB meetings, the young lady questioned a program under Mark Lazzara"s realm at a time when his department will be evaluated. It seemed to me, and this is just my opinion, that she may have been prompted to raise the issue at this time. I could be wrong, and hope that the youth of WS are truly becoming involved. The objection voiced by Tina Bove was simply about voting on salaries in a lumped package, versus, as separate items.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Well, of course she was~

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    Eb, I believe the point that was being made had more to do with lack of information of the positions, than the program itself. On the surface, the increases that were proposed in the budget appeared to be last efforts by the previous administration to "take care of" Paul Clark loyalists. There was evidence, throughout the poorly constructed budget proposal, to insinuate this for several positions. No one doubts the merit of the PEER program, and the positive effect it has had on our young people. I do find it odd, however, that for all of the times students have been in attendance at the TB meetings, the young lady questioned a program under Mark Lazzara"s realm at a time when his department will be evaluated. It seemed to me, and this is just my opinion, that she may have been prompted to raise the issue at this time. I could be wrong, and hope that the youth of WS are truly becoming involved. The objection voiced by Tina Bove was simply about voting on salaries in a lumped package, versus, as separate items.

Prompted, yes she certainly was! As I sat there and watched Lazzarra's crew, from his second in command, his Special Events gal, and other's, it was apparent that they were there en masse for support and to show a united front. Lazzarra's a master at self-promotion, so you tell me. Besides, this is as much about vilifying Bove, because she's finally grown some fortitude, as it is about Lazzarra maintaining as much control of the programs he's charged to administer.

Cool self promotion

I agree with Old tyme - if its one thing ML can do its self promote himself. He's a master. No one has said the peer program is going away. It is going to be re-structed like all the depts in town. It's misinformation that causes [people to go off like lunatics. Who starts all these rumors? Do ya think its ML?

4UWS

the minutes show it

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    I agree with Old tyme - if its one thing ML can do its self promote himself. He's a master. No one has said the peer program is going away. It is going to be re-structed like all the depts in town. It's misinformation that causes [people to go off like lunatics. Who starts all these rumors? Do ya think its ML?
    The town board minutes show the Bove tried to fire and takeaway the Peer Counselor salary and benefits and well as your hero’s Mark Lazarra. That is trying to get rid of it! Why are you all so preoccupied with Lazarra?

Quote Originally Posted by 4UWS
    The town board minutes show the Bove tried to fire and takeaway the Peer Counselor salary and benefits and well as your hero’s Mark Lazarra. That is trying to get rid of it! Why are you all so preoccupied with Lazarra?
    4UWS, stop attempting to be so coy and uninformed.

You are so transparent.
    Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.

4UWS

You prove to me that the Town hall is a cesspool!

Quote Originally Posted by 4theTruth
    4UWS, stop attempting to be so coy and uninformed.

You are so transparent.
    You prove to me that the town hall is a cesspool!

You prove to me that the town hall is a cesspool!
    I need not prove that insinuation.

The leadership has changed.

They are taking proactive courses to remedy the foul actions of the past.

It is, indeed, up to you to prove its invalidity.
    Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.

4UWS

The leadership?

Quote Originally Posted by 4theTruth
    I need not prove that insinuation.

The leadership has changed.

They are taking proactive courses to remedy the foul actions of the past.

It is, indeed, up to you to prove its invalidity.
    You being obviously an insider of cesspool land is proof!

Interesting that Cotton signs on at 5:12 pm and 4UWS signs off at 5:11 pm.
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

You being obviously an insider of cesspool land is proof!
    You, sir, must provide the proof of the previous insinuation and this one, as well.

The minutes show that Bove is interested in finding out what the schools contribute to this program. She felt that the schools should pay their benefits. I don't see her trying to get rid of the program. MLs they should get rid of. Let him collect from Americorp instead of the town. He spends all his time on that program and is raping the town of a lot of money. Thats why we're preoccupied with him.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite
    The minutes show that Bove is interested in finding out what the schools contribute to this program. She felt that the schools should pay their benefits. I don't see her trying to get rid of the program. MLs they should get rid of. Let him collect from Americorp instead of the town. He spends all his time on that program and is raping the town of a lot of money. Thats why we're preoccupied with him.
    snow, first off, welcome to the screen, next, thanks for the moment of clarity. Obviously, 4UWS or Cotton or whatever name he wants to use, is trying to throw his superiors off track with these ridiculous accusations. We all know, at least most of us, that if anyone is really concerned about our town, they look up the actual minutes of the Board meetings. Anyone else that would be so so concerned as to become part of the dialogue as presented in an internet site like SUWNY knows how to look the facts up or, before throwing accusations, at least asks someone on line if they have any information. So, it appears that this "person" is attempting to look like someone they are not.

4thetruth, thanks for the thought provoking comments. Seems like you may be very close to this "person" to have such insight.

As far as the departmental review, only a crazy person would question it. I've heard the director of the YB is close to $80K in his salary. In fact, it's $79K something as written in the Town Board minutes available on the Town website. But all you ever hear about is the Americorp program. Then, on top of things I just heard that computers that the Town bought for the center for the YB's work were just replaced. Okay, that's fine, but I also heard the old ones were given to a community group in the City of Buffalo. Why not keep them here in WS for our kids or centers to use? Who gave permission to donate these computers out of the Town and into the city?

I'm really ticked off and I want answers. So, I say, GOOD! Do the right thing and investigate all departments. Find out where our money is going and if it is or is not being sheparded well. I'm a taxpayer for the Town of West Seneca. My son lives in the city. He'd be hellbent if he found out his taxes went to a town instead of the city, I feel the same way here.

And this ML guy, investigate the hell out of him, too. I thank God we have new leadership at Town Hall!
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information