Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Town Priorities????

4UWS

Lightbulb Town Priorities????

The Town is investigating the rec department while the building department is full of problems, town trucks are all over doing nothing! These people need to get their priorities straight!

It is my understanding that Mr. Piotrowski and the Town Board are reviewing every department.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    It is my understanding that Mr. Piotrowski and the Town Board are reviewing every department.
    Yeah, you really should try to attend the Town meetings. Either that or read the paper, talk to neighbors...
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    Yeah, you really should try to attend the Town meetings. Either that or read the paper, talk to neighbors...
    I have been ( http://www.westseneca.net/bdmin08/mi080114.html ). Have you?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

4UWS

Thumbs down After reading that they are all crazy! Impeachment is the word for the fools!

Wow, thanks, that is helpful! I can't believe these are the idiots that run our town. They are going to run it into the ground. Can’t they get the soccer park fixed! How much did we pay for that and they are fighting about nothing!! Do I hear impeachment, call the Governor! Back to Tom Petty

Good site with, finally, updated minutes from previous meetings. DTW, my post was not directed at you, but at the initiator of this thread. Thanks for your hard work. Spirit goes off on you too easy. The thread author seems to be running a smoke screen here.
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Impeachment?

Who do you want to impeach 4uws? Wally has only been in office a month. If anyone needs to be impeached, its PC. He didn't do his job for the last 5 or 6 years! Wally is trying to clean it up. I think hes doing a great job. But I can't follow your logic. It doesn't make sense.

I guess they are, but....

Explain this: "RESPONSE TO YOUTH BOARD DIRECTOR COMMENTS

Councilwoman Bove commented on a political comment made in the Bee by Mr. Lazzara, Director of the Youth Bureau. Mrs. Bove stated she has performed her duties as a Councilwoman in a business like manner, responding in a timely manner to the needs and concerns of homeowners and businesses to resolve issues with fairness to all. She has volunteered to take on large projects such as the Senior Fitness Center, the Town computer upgrade project, and the Community Development Block Grant awarded to the Town in 2006, but allowed to lapse. The Town would not only have lost the grant funds, but future requests for grants would have been jeopardized. Mrs. Bove stated she has been concerned with the number of terminations and resignations of employees associated with the Youth Bureau, and rumors of lawsuits and human rights complaints to New York State. She had requested information on employees, whether Youth Bureau or Americorps, with salaries and bonuses. She subsequently received information limited to a list of names and whether 100% Youth Bureau or Americorps. No salaries were included and she was told to find this information herself. The 2008 Youth Bureau budget is a third of a million dollars, with three people in the department. Mrs. Bove felt there had been a boring of the Youth Bureau over the last few years, with Western New York Americorps and the Burchfield Nature & Art Center. She does not represent Western New York Americorps; she is the Councilwoman for West Seneca taxpayers with the West Seneca Youth Bureau. She agreed with Supervisor Piotrowski as to an analysis of Town departments, and she will continue to request pertinent information on salaries, benefits, expenses, and credit card usage. Monthly reports may also be required. At the Organizational meeting, Town Board members were asked to vote on department heads, including the Director of Youth Bureau. Mr. Lazzara’s title on his brief report submitted to her, read as Executive Director/CEO." Town Bd Mtg Minutes

What is the final disposition on this item? Any comments... anyone?

PS: Back now from sabbatical. The sunny shores of Majorca are a fast fading memory!

Not that this is fitting the thread, but Ms. Bove broached a subject somewhat relative at the town re-org meeting which I found unfitting of the situation. Personally I think she committed political suicide. She innapropriately poked at the PEER counseling program which reaches far into our towns core. Bove stepped into an area she cannot grasp. Through Lazzara's help, as I understand it, this program has touched innumerable families in town. She flailed pathetically at the last board meeting to save face when a young member of the program asked for clearance of the town (Bove's) intent of the program. Bove will rue their wrath. Lazzara, I bet will make sure of it.
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; February 4th, 2008 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    Good site with, finally, updated minutes from previous meetings. DTW, my post was not directed at you, but at the initiator of this thread. Thanks for your hard work. Spirit goes off on you too easy. The thread author seems to be running a smoke screen here.

Aaah, got it! What threw me off is that you quoted me.

A mentor once told me that some people will complain even if you give them a no show job because it is on the third shift.

According to the minutes of the meeting SOE is referring to the following occurred:

20. Motion by Councilman Graber, seconded by Councilwoman Meegan, that the following officials and employees not represented by the Collective Bargaining Agent recognized by the Town of West Seneca are hereby appointed to the following positions with salaries effective January 1, 2008, subject to review:

George D. Montz Town Engineer $86,746.00
    Edward Gehen Jr. Chief of Police $99,327.00
    Daniel Denz Assistant Chief of Police $86.241.00
    Robert Walsh Recreation Director $66,865.00
    William Czuprynski Code Enforcement Officer $81,220.00
    Mark Lazzara Director of Youth Bureau $79,230.00
    Donna Lepore Coordinator of Peer Counseling $30,520.00
    Jolynn Keane Coordinator of Peer Counseling $30,520.00
    Dina Weixlmann Secretary to Highway Superintendent $34,672.59

and authorize the Supervisor to complete and sign the necessary forms for Erie County Personnel.

On the question, Councilwoman Bove stated she had questions on the salaries for the positions of Coordinator of Peer Counseling and Director of Youth Bureau. Because these positions are grouped together with the other departments, the vote will affect all titles and salaries. Mrs. Bove stated she would prefer to extract the Coordinator of Peer Counseling and Director of Youth Bureau positions from the group. It is unclear how the Director of Youth Bureau splits his town between the Youth Bureau and Americorps. Mrs. Bove stated she had problems in the past reaching Mr. Lazzara when he is out of state on an Americorps project and felt that if the Director of the Youth Bureau if receiving the salary indicated, he should be in town dealing with Youth Bureau matters alone. It was also her understanding that the School System also provides funding for Peer Counseling and questioned the significant amount of overtime submitted by the individuals in those positions.

On the question, Councilman Clarke stated he also had questions concerning those three positions with regard to salary and benefits.

On the question, Councilwoman Meegan noted that these positions are subject to review. The Town Board intends on reviewing each department and performing an audit to determine if any necessary change in salary is warranted.

Motion by Councilwoman Bove, seconded by Councilman Clarke, to amend the motion so that the each individual is voted on separately for appointment to their respective positions for the salary stipulated above.

Ayes: (2) Councilwoman Bove, Councilman Clarke
    Noes: (3) Councilwoman Meegan, Councilman Graber, Supervisor Piotrowski
    Motion Denied

On the question, Councilman Graber noted that the Town Board has already saved over $50,000. in adjustments to the Town Attorney’s, Prosecutors’ and Comptroller’s salaries. It is the intention of the Town Board to review and evaluate every department for efficiency and manpower requirements. The Peer Counselors are receiving overtime to handle the duties of the Yes Coordinator who left. Rather than hiring someone new, Mr. Lazzara decided to use existing personnel, along with incoming grants, to arrive at a more efficient way of handling it. That does not necessary mean the Town Board is in agreement with Mr. Lazzara’s handling of the matter and all departments will be reviewed in 2008. This is not the time to bring everything to a halt.

Call me paranoid if you must, but Dan do you have a point to make or you just trouncing my anti-Tina post ?

Re: Peer Counselors

Town Bd Mtg Minutes extract: " It was also her understanding that the School System also provides funding for Peer Counseling and questioned the significant amount of overtime submitted by the individuals in those positions."

It's unlikely either of these two individuals would meet the requirements of the teachers contract, since neither is a certified teacher. So, it is unlikely they could be incorporated as employees of the the WS School District. The teachers union would not agree to it, if my colleagues are correct.

If you do a search on the WS Schools' Staff Directory on their website for the position of peer counselors two are listed: http://www.wscschools.org/staff_directory.cfm

maybe... but...

If you do a search on the WS Schools' Staff Directory on their website for the position of peer counselors two are listed: http://www.wscschools.org/staff_directory.cfm
    They are hired by and their salaries are paid for by the Town of WS Youth Bureau and assigned to the school, not hired by the school. Their positions are somewhat unclear and convoluted, but perhaps that is because the Director of the Youth Bureau is the President of the School Board and hired these two persons. Although the work they do is good, and they are competent workers, I don't think as sole employees of the district they meet the requirements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information