Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaworski and Italian comments

Jaworski and Italian comments

My neighbor brought over a letter he received through the mail regarding what appears to be defamatory comment from Chuck Jaworski regarding Italian ethnicity.

The letter states that Mr Jaworski chastised the chairman of the event at the Lake Erie Club - Big Band Concert for having Geoff Szymanski co-sponsor the event and had his name on the banner. It appears that Mr. Jaworski could have also co-sponsored the event but for what ever reason chose not too.

The letter stated that, During the course of the event, Mr Jaworski pointed his finger and stated, "You people are not welcome in City Hall". "YOU PEOPLE"? This insult could only be interpreted as a slur against our ethnicity".

The sponsors of this event and members of the club want an apology from the Council President Charles Jaworski.

Really now just an apology? Wonder how the African American, Muslim, Hispanic or Polish community would react to a ethnic slur against them.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    They would over react over nothing...

I'm Italian and I don't care. Anyone who makes an issue of it has issues.

Hmmm now I see.

This guy is a piece of work. Didn't he call the the first ward councilman a camel jockey not to long ago.This is what's wrong with this city they are stuck in 60's & 70's mentality. Racists comments are not gonna get you votes. Lord help this city.

When someone uses "you people" to refer to an ethnic group the speaker is exhibiting the depth of his ignorance. More importantly. however, any politician who tells any citizens that they are not "welcomed in city hall" should be barred from city hall.

How do we know that the term "you people" was directed at an ethnic group rather than a political faction? From what is posted I cannot tell.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

i really dont like to comment on people but this guy is something else..He is racist and i know it for a fact..He made racial slurs towards the arabs and blacks in my presence..if he really thinks that he is going to win then he is on another planet..he is racist towards every group ...just wait and see what the arabs have for him right before elections...i wanna be the fly on the wall when he finds out...its sad but this city has no room for racism with the diversity of people that live here..GET OVER IT...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by italy2011 View Post
    i really dont like to comment on people but this guy is something else..He is racist and i know it for a fact..He made racial slurs towards the arabs and blacks in my presence..if he really thinks that he is going to win then he is on another planet..he is racist towards every group ...just wait and see what the arabs have for him right before elections...i wanna be the fly on the wall when he finds out...its sad but this city has no room for racism with the diversity of people that live here..GET OVER IT...
    What nationality is he?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What nationality is he?
    ITALIAN AND PROUD OF IT...why does it matter what nationality i am...the facts are facts!!!!!!

Italy2011, he was asking what nationality Jaworski is, not you. I think you owe WNY an apology. BTW-I am Polish AND Italian! Proud of both !!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm Italian and Polish.

The letter stated that, During the course of the event, Mr Jaworski pointed his finger and stated, "You people are not welcome in City Hall". "YOU PEOPLE"? This insult could only be interpreted as a slur against our ethnicity".
    I don't think it can only be interpreted as a slur against our ethnicity. Sounds more like "you people" as in the group that wants something done their way versus his way... could be wrong to..

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Italy2011, he was asking what nationality Jaworski is, not you. I think you owe WNY an apology. BTW-I am Polish AND Italian! Proud of both !!!
    im sorry WNY i misunderstood what you were asking...and cath829 we should all be proud of who we are and learn to argree and disagree without making racial slurs like Mr Jaworski has a history of doing..he is still living in times that we all have put behind us..he feels like he is still superior to other people..just look at the way he talks to people..

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by italy2011 View Post
    ITALIAN AND PROUD OF IT...why does it matter what nationality i am...the facts are facts!!!!!!
    Da quanto tempo sei stato nel nostro paese? I tuoi nonni venire in America? Perché pensa che Chuck Jaworski non piacciono gli italiani? Non è importante quello che nazionalità sei.

Cosa pensi il suo problema è con gli Arabi e persone di colore nella nostra comunità? Come sono i membri del consiglio comunale? Razzisti?

You people make me sick.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    You people make me sick.

I cheated.... I used google translate

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information