Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Church

Obama's Church

Apparently Obama belongs to a church that seems to worship Africa and blacks as much as God. It is a black separatist church. For real. This information is easily found with a simple search and yet we hear very little from the mainstream media - even though the media has admitted this is all true. And Ron Paul gets flack for an old newsletter?

I think the MSM will hang-on to this information until Obama squares off against the Republican neo-con candidate. Or, if Obama fits their agenda better they may never make it an issue. Just like they all held-back the Ron Paul newsletter story until the New Hampshire primary. Are we supposed to believe that they all missed this old story? The same kabal that has been bashing and/or ignoring Ron Paul since day one?

Video 1

Video 2

His church's website

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

A congregation committed to ADORATION.
    A congregation preaching SALVATION.
    A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
    A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
    A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
    A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
    A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
    A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
    A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
    A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

Looks like the top 3 are main goals of any Christian religion. Adoration, Salvation, and Reconciliation. Tough to find fault there, as a Christian. The 3 most important are the top 3. Only 2 of the goals have anything to do with Africa, and one of them is simply to understand one's history. Absolutely nothing about "worshipping" Africa. Understanding and taking pride in one's history is a big issue for you? Or is it only if one is black that it's a problem?

And we need to understand Obama's views on these. Like any other religious denomination, do most of it's members take literally ever single tenet of the faith?

So needless to say, your characterization that they "seem to worship Africa and blacks as much as God" is, by their own words to which you linked, absolutely untrue. But then again, you knew that, didn't you?

I gotta say though, it's nice that we're finally past the "he's really a muslim" crap.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Yes, they should preserve their history of being black separatists. I'm sure George Wallace would share your view.

I would accept their vision statement if they had a Book, Chapter and Verse to go along with it.
    Whose culture will one be educated in?
    Whose economical parity are they interested in?
    Are they interested in the historical education of anyone else?
    I'm just asking these things because usually a Christian Church lifts up and glorifies the name of Jesus Christ without respect to persons of any race. After all God is not a respecter of persons and says so in his Word

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Where does it say anything about being separatists?

Is it nice to be in the group that makes stuff up with absolutely no basis in order to smear your oponnent? I've never met anyone in that group before...
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Where does it say anything about being separatists?

Is it nice to be in the group that makes stuff up with absolutely no basis in order to smear your oponnent? I've never met anyone in that group before...
    It's a racially exclusive theology, They are racially specific in their objectives, and they are warriors for freedom of blacks only.

It wouldn't be wrong to say they are afro-centric, meaning that the matters of blacks come before all. I’m not exactly sure what the “Black Value System” is, but I have a suspicion that whatever it is, it’s not too good for European Americans.

Here is a blog about one of the preacher's sermons titled “Black people! Grow up! Stop helping white people!”. Real WWJD type stuff, right?

A commitment to blacks, but not all people isn't racist? Get bent dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Puppet
    It's a racially exclusive theology, They are racially specific in their objectives, and they are warriors for freedom of blacks only.

It wouldn't be wrong to say they are afro-centric, meaning that the matters of blacks come before all. I’m not exactly sure what the “Black Value System” is, but I have a suspicion that whatever it is, it’s not too good for European Americans.
    Thanks for the information. When there is a thin legislative, and speech history, other information becomes even more relevent to get insight into a candidate's true beliefs. I think that just as Romney was asked to explain his Mormon Religion, Obama should be asked to explain some of the issues you have brought up.

Townsfolk
    You really ought to read this so you will know what you are getting in to…

Who is Barack Obama?

1- U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama

2- Born in Honolulu, Hawaii ,
    Father: Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black Muslim from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya;
    Mother: Ann Dunham, a white atheist from Wichita,Kansas .

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii . When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced.

Father: Returned to Kenya.
    Mother: Married Lolo Soetoro, a radical Muslim from Indonesia.

3- When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia.

4- Obama attended a Muslim school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

5- Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He Is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."

6- Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was, temporary.
    In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya Soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over His son's education.

7- Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam.

8- Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the radical teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically important to be a Christian when seeking Major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.

Quote Originally Posted by Townsfolk
    You really ought to read this so you will know what you are getting in to…

Who is Barack Obama?

1- U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama

2- Born in Honolulu, Hawaii ,
    Father: Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black Muslim from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya;
    Mother: Ann Dunham, a white atheist from Wichita,Kansas .

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii . When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced.

Father: Returned to Kenya.
    Mother: Married Lolo Soetoro, a radical Muslim from Indonesia.

3- When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia.

4- Obama attended a Muslim school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

5- Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He Is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."

6- Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was, temporary.
    In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya Soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over His son's education.

7- Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam.

8- Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the radical teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically important to be a Christian when seeking Major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.
    This is an outright lie--Stop being a sheep----go to
    snopes.com
    Peace Out Funky

Unregistered
    for the life of me I dont know why anyone would vote for a Obama

he is a liberal
    he is going to be a one issue (race) president when this country is swimming in the cauldron of domestic and international crisis
    he is half muslim
    he refused to say the pledge of allegiance to our country
    he demanded to be sworn in on the Koran not the bible

anyone who is voting for him has got to be a stupid monkey as far as Im concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy

he is a liberal
    Believe it or not, a lot of people like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmuh
    Is going to be a one issue (race) president when this country is swimming in the cauldron of domestic and international crisis
    Because he hasn't taken positions on Iraq or health care or anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    he is half muslim
    Umm...I'm Episcopalian, but my father was Catholic. Does that still make me half RC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timoteo
    Patently False
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmmmay!
    Again, patently false. That was Ellison, Senator from MN.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMERS
    anyone who is voting for him has got to be a stupid monkey as far as Im concerned
    if you disagree with him on issues, that's fine. But anyone who won't vote for him for the above reasons is not only stupid, but an ignorant monkey as well. But that's your choice.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

he is a liberal
    he is going to be a one issue (race) president when this country is swimming in the cauldron of domestic and international crisis
    he is half muslim

He openly denied all these in the Democratic debate Tuesday night.

These are all campaign tactics, and I have to believe that even you, timmy, don't really believe them. Although, I don't know about that.

He is half black, not half muslim.

I'm not voting for Barack Obama. So I'm not campaigning for him with this reply.

he is a liberal
    he is half muslim

And your a sheep for believing everything you read or see---see moron in the dictionary.
    Peace Out Funky

Obama spent some of his childhood in a mosque. His step father was Muslim. I think he has more knowledge of Islam than most, but that doesn't make him Muslim anymore than sitting in a pew that exalts one race over another makes him Christian.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Senator Barack Obama has been a member of Chicago's Trinity Church of Christ since 1988.

As a result of Obama's candidacy for president, Trinity Church has come under scrutiny. Critics have accused the church of being racist. Supporters say the congregation is proudly black and with a strong linkage and commitment to its African roots. That's a matter of heritage, they say, not a lack of commitment to being Americans.
    The "About Us" page at the church's web site says the church is "Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain 'true to our native land,' the mother continent, the cradle of civilization."

It also says that it is a "congregation with a non-negotiable commitment to Africa."

Because of its black emphasis, the church is overwhelmingly black but there is no requirement to be African-American for membership

There are several emails circulating that, in different ways, say that Obama is Muslim.

Obama's middle name is Hussein (named after his father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr.), his heritage does include Islam, and his grandfather was Muslim. But there does not seem to be a time when either he or his parents were practicing Muslims and Obama regards himself as a Christian. He is a member of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ where one Sunday morning in 1988 he said walked down the aisle during an alter call by the pastor, Jeremiah Wright.

One of the emails says that Obama used the Koran for his swearing-in ceremony in the Senate, which is not true.

Some of the most definitive information about Obama's faith comes from an interview he did with journalist Cathleen Falsini. She writes that Obama was born in 1961 in Hawaii to a white mother who came from Protestant Midwestern stock but whom Obama describes in his own book as a Christian but "a lonely witness for secular humanism." Obama's father was a black African from the Luo tribe of Kenya. Obama called him agnostic. Obama's grandfather on his father's side was Muslim. When he was six years old, Obama's mother and father divorced and she married an Indonesian man who was a non-practicing Moslem. They moved to Indonesia where Obama said he attended a Roman Catholic school until he was 10. An article Scott Turow on Salon.com in 2004, however, said that while in Indonesia, Obama spent 2 years in a Moslem school then 2 more in the Catholic school.

In terms of actual beliefs, Obama told Falsini that he has a deep faith "...rooted in the Christian tradition." He added, "I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people, that there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and that there’s an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived.

" He said his mother "...was a deeply spiritual person and would spend a lot of time talking about values and give me books about the world’s religions and talk to me about them. Her view always was that underlying these religions was a common set of beliefs about how you treat other people and how you aspire to act, not just for yourself but also for the greater good." He also told Falsini, "Alongside my own deep personal faith, I am a follower, as well, of our civic religion. I am a big believer in the separation of church and state. I am a big believer in our constitutional structure." Regarding his conversion experience, Obama said, " It wasn’t an epiphany. It was much more of a gradual process for me.

I know there are some people who fall out. Which is wonderful. God bless them. For me, I think it was just a moment to certify or publicly affirm a growing faith in me." Critics have said that his Christian faith is a political choice to help his image and conceal Islam in his life. Supporters point out that his conversion took place before he ran for any public office. In the Falsini interview he said he reads the Bible, although not as much as he wants to, and that prayer is a part of his daily life but not in the formal sense. "I think I have an ongoing conversation with God.

Throughout the day I’m constantly asking myself questions about what I’m doing, why I am doing it," he said. "The difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and proselytize.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information