Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Slumlord(ess) Andrea Haxton?

You'd be paranoid too if all City Hall workers were assigned to keep you out of Buffalo. That's their job you know. First and foremost, keep Kern out--Secondly, do the people's business.

looks like ms haxton is joining us.......

Buffalo NY Speakup Western NY Statistics
    Threads: 16,954, Posts: 286,638, Members: 2,427
    Welcome to our newest member, andreahaxton

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    looks like ms haxton is joining us.......

Buffalo NY Speakup Western NY Statistics
    Threads: 16,954, Posts: 286,638, Members: 2,427
    Welcome to our newest member, andreahaxton

maybe she (or he) wants to set the record straight after the news of her fixing or failing to fix her code violations is aired tonight on Channel 4?

Unregistered
    I wanted to see what Ms Haxton had posted as a new member of SUWNY, but could find no evidence she had joined.

I did find distressing public records on the County Clerk's site, however.

Indeed, in addition to owing $7128 in unpaid taxes on her Ridge Rd property since 2005, as reported by Channel 4, she was even in Court today, 1/10/08. The nature of that appearance could not be determined from the Internet filing.

There have been 14 liens filed against Ms Haxton personally & against her business "A & ES Goods" at 297 Ridge Rd between 7/02 & 8/16/07.

Among the liens are:

$2227, Sear Roebuck, 11/25/03

$8742, Daimler-Chrysler, 5/31/05

$23,219, State of NY /Attorney General, 8/29/05

$6825, Tomra NY,(supplier to her business?) 1/17/07

She purchased her tax-delinquent property at 295 Ridge Road for $48,000 on 12/3/02. Based on the Channel 4 video, it would appear that the property is worth much less today.

Haxton appears to live at 20 Elm, which may also be entering foreclosure?

Were none of these problems issues in her campaign?

It does appear that Lackawanna taxpayers (& her legislative colleagues?)should have questions about her competence to make budget decisions for the city, as her personal business affairs appear to be in massive disarray.

looks like lackawanna doesn't necessarily elect the best and the brightest!!

good goin' L.A.........LOLOL!!!

money owed by Andrea

Just becuase Andrea owes money through bad business dealings this does not mean she is bad person. When I became disabled, I went into debt also and had judgements and liens. Thank God that my settlement managed to get me out of that problem. The lesson here is do not judge those because they are poor. Many in the first ward of Lackawanna are just that. Lower income minorities trying to make it in a white mans world and predominantly political bully world. Everyone has a story of failures and successes and almost all of us have a skelaton or two in our closets. The fact is Andrea is a good person trapped in a spiralling community of blight and job losses that have never been seen since the depression. Good people are trying to make it here and cannot. The local government is the one who's bad. They steal, tax and spend and plainly do not care about anyone but thier click. Why is the click doing well and the rest of us not. Ask that of yourself.

The jobs go to the bully politicans friends and buddies who threaten the community and other if they do not go their way. I had a local politician lawyer who threatened me when I ran for Councilman in Buffalo, He litterally said I will never work again in WNY for running. is this a Mafia mentality or what. One good thing happened, eventually God took care of things and i have a great job and he has been thrown off every board he bullied his way into. Why Andrea Haxton? Her property is for sale, she knows she's struggling and I know why. She has given away thousands of dollars in food to those who can't afford it and housing to those again who need it. Now that Andera is gone, where will these people go for their weekly handout. Mr Bremmer, Mr Jaworski, Mr Scavone, Mr Mayor" who's a Plumber". A damb plumber runs the city. No wonder its going down the drain. There is humor in this statement.
    Everyone in office in Lackawanna are all buddy buddy, give eachother jobs and money from the political jobs they are given. Sounds like the Mafia again doesn't it. Ever wonder why so many people have moved out of Lackawanna, Buffalo and WNY in general?? Because the politicians have created poverty while protecting their friends and family. Why don't 70% of voters NOT vote? They know only the good old boys friends and buddies will get in. God's slowly taking over and its catching up. Eventually they will all get theirs.

Before mocking someone for the crisis they are in, first ook at the politicians that have been stealing your money for years and providing very little in return. Maybe next week I will be willing to post a few politicians and thier friends properties that are non-compliant, where they are from and their connections, the families, and friends where they used to work and who has gotten what family members jobs through donations to local parties. Ill start with two.

1st question: how does Fran Warthling, the now democratic chairperson in Lackawanna get the first insight into available property in Lackawanna for the purpose of flipping. Who is violating the law by releasing privied property information prior to its legal release. He owns many properties in Lackawanna which some have numerous code issues. Pictures may follow next week.

2nd question: Why pick on Andrea Haxton. They wouldn't dare give a citation to their buddies or click that own non-compliant properties. Just go in Lackawanna along Ridge rd across the ballpark by the bridge. Want to guess who owns the boarded property there. Check to see if those have been cited. I see numerous violations there and with ten other properties just around the corner.

Look at the old friendship house owned by Lackawanna in the first ward talk about non-code compliant, broken windows, busted up pretty bad. You do not have to drive far in Lackawanna to see the non-compliance betcha they are owned by the goons! More later.

First the goons like mayor JohnKuryak when he played their game, the minute Kuryak decided to work for the people and do whats right the goons ousted him and got thier plumber friend in instead. Kuryak was a darn educated person and was a threat to the click. Sound familiar with the way they are attacking Andrea Haxton.

Andrea you know who I am. and I support you and wish you luck in your business crisis. You are going to have to take care of yourself now and those who you have helped in the past will have to frequent city hall for help. Front row Collins inaguration, See you soon.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    looks like lackawanna doesn't necessarily elect the best and the brightest!!

good goin' L.A.........LOLOL!!!
    This is the part that bothers me about "elections".

It's a popularity contest or basically a power grab to see who can shove their hand into our pockets.

Nothing against her but I would feel way more confident in an elected official who's financial ability was at least positive over all. If people don't make good decisions on average for themselves they are going to probably make just as crappy decisions representing us.

Just becuase Andrea owes money through bad business dealings this does not mean she is bad person.
    It's bad for us but that doesn't mean "shes" bad. Just because someone is a "good" person doesn't mean they have the ability to make good decisions which can affect the community.

decisions and politicians and business

If you only knew how many politicians own failed busienss or have bad property you would fall over ten times. From Congress to the local coucilman, example, Norman Bakus in Buffalo who was also a slumloard and used 2.2 mil in federal tax dollars for his campground jellystone in Java. Legislators in buffalo had problems with back taxes etc.

Even Collins had bad properties hell I even struggled with property due to the area decline. Its not bad decisions what happened was the politicians that again let this area slide but let their own pockets get filled.

When you own a business the goal is not to lose or fall but to succeed. I am sure the intentions of failure were not threr. Many good people have lost on property including Clinton and Bush heck even Donald Trump has claimed bankruptcy on certain business ventures. Its part of the business world It doe not mean the person is not good enough to manage. Peace

Poor Andrea Lackawanna illegal doings

One more thing, why when a constituent calls city hall for Andrea a representative they forward the call to another councilperson. She is not getting her calls. How illegal is this. Call any number and you will not get Andrea or her voice.

She, Andrea Haxton was even let out of a meeting special session not notified when the goons wanted to elect a friend to replace another goon councilperson who left. How illegal is this. Wheres the news 4 here? Wheres the Dept of Justice?
    Why do good people who want to do good for the people get craped on.
    Why do we not care about the truth? Why do we support the goons??

Talk about Russia, we are living it!

not saying that she's a bad person....at all.....she just shouldn't be in an elected office....at least until she gets her personal matters in order....good for her for helping others....but electable???......come on!!??!!

Unregistered

UPDATE: Haxton denies inspectors access

Is Haxton making things worse for herself?

COPY: http://wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7...nav=menu41_9_6

Lackawanna Councilmember Denies Inspectors Entrance into Property

Updated: Jan 10, 2008 01:16 PM CST

(Lackawanna, NY, January 10, 2008) - - A Lackawanna city councilmember is denying city inspectors entrance into a property she owns.

The city inspector served Andrea Haxton with notice that she has to make several major repairs at her apartment building on Ridge Road.

Inspectors showed up Thursday morning, but Haxton refused to let them inside the property stating they did not have the proper paperwork.

The city inspector says the papers were legal. He says the city is now considering its options.

VIDEO: http://wivb.com/global/video/popup/p...6&rnd=90497592

Andrea has option against the city

Andrea if you are being illegally targeted you may contact the NY State Division of Code Enforcement. Under Title 19 you can make requests to this dept for variances and procedures that you feel may violate your rights. Part 1205 makes those provisions available. Andrea central office is 518-474-4073, 41 State Street Albany NY 12231. If you believe you are being targeted unfairly this is the dept to complain to.

Also make sure the Enforcement officer is certified by th State. Ask to see their state certification certificate. it is against th law for an individual not to be certified and perform inspections.

Bill Tojak used to be an inspector for lackawanna and they cut his job out I believe placing the city at risk. This guy was educated, certified, a fire fighter and good at fire safety code compliance. Mr Bremmer has ZERO background or education in any fire safety, or construction. How can he enforce the code??Its all political.

Lackawanna even has an electrical contractor related to a retired Lackawanna building inspector, a person w/o certification or education to do the job, who was provided with answers to the electrical exam and given an electrical license w/o electrical education, was wiring homes incorrectly but because of the political connection was not stopped. People actually had to go to the State for help revoking his license for a period of time. Now why Andrea?? You can see it plainly here. I cannot believe the city would give an electrical license to a non educated person and place people and thier homes at risk. Its all about politics. They do not care about you or I. The Charter school in Lackawanna was wired by this person and if you went into the ceiling and saw the penetrations he made in fire walls, the unclosed electrical boxes you would be shocked. They even allowed construction to occur in this building which contaminated classrooms and surfaces with drywall dust that ahs talcum and silica products in them. And nothing is ever done to them. Russia, Mafia whatever you call it it sure is not Democracy.

Andrea any more help please let me know.

i do not agree

not saying that she's a bad person....at all.....she just shouldn't be in an elected office....at least until she gets her personal matters in order....good for her for helping others....but electable???......come on!!??!!

Like I said, there are so many politicians you have elected that have the same problems. So we should toss out them ???? Should we apply this to those who are divorced too, or who have drinking issues due to the loss of a loved one??

Everyone has issues. So if you had an issue, we should fire you from your job???
    Everyone has issues but not all issue affect one job. They are separate. They may affect the job but in politics it is unlikely. Its just dirt and the press loves dirt and negativity. Why do we spnd so much time focusing on negativity?? Andrea I am sure can still perform her job well even though she had personal issues. She must be doing well because it seems she is getting under the skin of the evil politicians.

Thanks for keeping this debate civil and w/o abuse or cursing. Its nice to debate without such for a change!

i'm sure that lackawanna is very proud of her....you got yourself a good one.....she should not hold a political office....at all!!

Unregistered

Haxton Update

Haxton is back in Housing Court next week.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/13908197.html

Lawmaker and Slumlord?
    Updated: Jan 18, 2008 at 7:19 PM EST, By Melanie Pritchard

Watch the story
    http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/13908...?video=YHI&t=a

The snow swirls outside the building at 297 Ridge Road. Former tenant Mike Scott says it was just as bad inside. "The snow was doing a circle right here in front of me. Right out of here," Scott said as he pointed to a hole in the ceiling.

Leaks in the ceiling. Only cold water in the shower. A gas heater leaking carbon monoxide. Those are just a few of the problems cited here by the County Health Department. The landlord, Andrea Haxton, is a Lackawanna City Councilmember. She was in court today getting her four tenants evicted. "I'm following directions from the Board of Health."

City inspectors say she denied them entry when they tried to get into the place last week. "They came with the wrong paperwork. They cited me with the wrong codes and everything," said Haxton.

Code Enforcement Officer Steve Bremer says that's not true. "What we handed them was the correct sections and we had every legal right to go into the building."

Haxton says she couldn't afford to make repairs because the tenants were behind on their rent. They say they held back on paying her only recently because the place was so bad. "She's supposed to be making sure there's no slumlording going on. And she herself is a slumlord," said Scott, who found a new place to live last week.

The other tenants have until Tuesday to get out. "Mine was the best of the worst and that was bad," said Carris Johnson. He's lived in Haxton's apartment building since September, 2006.

Tom Banko moved in last September. "The building's just not fit to live. There's no way a person should get any money for living there."

As for the more than $7,000 in back taxes she owes on the property, Haxton blames the late rents and the slow down in business at lower level store. She thinks she's being targeted for a reason. "The politicians here are on a political witch-hunt to discredit me because next year it's time for me to run again."

Bremer says he was contacted by the Erie County Health Department and that his office is following up on complaints. "We're not coming after her. She's a politician and she should know better. If she needed help, she should've came to me and said 'Steve, help me.' And I would've been more than happy to help her and it would've never got to this point."

Haxton says she's trying to sell the building now. She's due to appear in Housing Court next week to explain why she wouldn't let city inspectors into her building. One tenant has already moved out, the rest have until Tuesday to find new places to live.

Video:
    http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/13908...?video=YHI&t=a

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information