Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hank "the tank" pirowski

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Corruption to the max! Right up to the very end!
    Gee wonder who they blamed it all on? Yep the very same community who they are trying to buy votes from. Wake up people is a piece a of property worth you backing people who laugh behind your back?

Post Maybe The Problem IS "The Life-long Resident" Election Year Rhetoric!

Location Lackawanna, NY 14218
    Hometown Lackawanna
    About PIROWSKI FOR COUNCIL PRESIDENT
    Biography Recently, life-long Lackawanna resident Hank Pirowski Jr. announced to the Front Page that he will be a candidate in the upcoming Democratic Primary for the office of Council President. Pirowski stated, “Our uniquely diverse community has prepared me for life’s challenges in ways that I do not believe possible in other cities. As a young man growing up in our small city, I grew up appreciating the... opportunity of having your voice heard. Here unlike in other communities, every person and vote counts. This has drawn me into politics with the ability to make a difference in the community that I love.”

Hank continued, “I am a life-long resident of Lackawanna. I enjoyed my

I will never stop working to improve our city, elected or not. We must expect and demand more for our city. I certainly do and with your help we will make a difference together”, concluded Pirowski.

A couple of points.......

* " life-long resident of Lackawanna", Check the Front Page candidate announcements for the last 20 years.... they all start out with that as if it is an extra Brownie Point. If they lived in other places and went to a different school systems; maybe they would have different life-experiences that they could bring back to Lackawanna to broaden their concept of what it takes to make a community vibrant!

* " I will never stop working to improve our city, elected or not "........
    I find this very interesting. I have NEVER and I attend 95% seen him before this spring at any public meeting/affair.

* "opportunity of having your voice heard. Here unlike in other communities, every person and vote counts."

Yes, I agree, every vote counts---But NOT every person! The "Family and Friends" Club count---others, sadly, I have seen the club sweep them under the bus when they feed their purpose no longer!

Who else besides hank"the tank" flip flopper and SBS are running for council president???? are there more options???

[QUOTE=lackawanna #1;763276]
    Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Hearsay my arse. Why did he take down all his facebook beer ball conquests? There wasn't one picture on there that wasn't a party shot. What majors? Political Science? All that means is that both him and Szymanski want to be life long politicians feeding off the public. We need regular folks in government with like buisness management expierence not more political bs expierence.

Beer pong champ!
    Good shot there.

Quote Originally Posted by lackbrokejoke View Post
    Who else besides hank"the tank" flip flopper and SBS are running for council president???? are there more options???
    Andrea and I think some Ahmed guy.

I'm not going to lie i was very impressed with what Omar Saleh did on the school board. He was the only one sticking up to give that church there money, and fought when they wanted to bring all the polling places into one. If that Ahmed guy is anything like him he will have my vote.

I agree with you on that considering all the others that voted no were Catholic and stiffed their own. Tells you alot about them right there. That one polling site stuff was BS to.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hearsay my arse. Why did he take down all his facebook beer ball conquests? There wasn't one picture on there that wasn't a party shot. What majors? Political Science? All that means is that both him and Szymanski want to be life long politicians feeding off the public. We need regular folks in government with like buisness management expierence not more political bs degrees.
    Finally some COMMON SENSE.

You saw this yourself? Or just rumors? I'm playing devils advocate I suppose.

Did you take screen shots? Use them against him. You have to realize what your up against. Look how these guys at wnymedia do what ever they can do to hurt a candidates race in the name of the "D" party. They are going to paint chris collins in the darkest light they can.

You really want someone who partied a lot with degrees that will not benefit our wny community representing a part of that? Specially when the position can directly affect how much of our property will be taken from us for "government" purposes on a yearly basis? Screw that ****.

And for the record. There is nothing wrong with just about anything in moderation. Party all you want as long as it doesn't effect anything else in a negative manner.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    [quote=lackawanna #1;763276]
    Hearsay my arse. Why did he take down all his facebook beer ball conquests? There wasn't one picture on there that wasn't a party shot. What majors? Political Science? All that means is that both him and Szymanski want to be life long politicians feeding off the public. We need regular folks in government with like buisness management expierence not more political bs expierence.

Beer pong champ!
    What is wrong with beer pong?

I'm just looking at the qualification of the person over all and what a council president is supposed to do.

What is the salary of a council president?

The Council President is the duly elected presiding officer of the Council. The president is the one who runs the meetings and signs the ordinances and local laws. He has other functions, power and duties with respect to the conduct of the Council business. He should be the one looking out for the entire city and work with each council member as to their wards.

The Council is the local legislative body of the City. The Council has a whole can adopt, amend and repeal local laws, ordinances and resolutions to organize and regulate property, affairs and government of the City. They establish and abolish offices, positions and employment etc.

They also can exercise the local police power

They construct, acquire, operate, maintain and finance all properties, public improvements, projects etc for public purpose

They provide for the exercise of all powers of local government vested in the City by the Charter

They also provide for the enforcement of local laws and ordinances by legal or equitable proceedings.

The pay is $16,500 a year/$13,500 for council members

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    The Council President is the duly elected presiding officer of the Council. The president is the one who runs the meetings and signs the ordinances and local laws. He has other functions, power and duties with respect to the conduct of the Council business. He should be the one looking out for the entire city and work with each council member as to their wards.

The Council is the local legislative body of the City. The Council has a whole can adopt, amend and repeal local laws, ordinances and resolutions to organize and regulate property, affairs and government of the City. They establish and abolish offices, positions and employment etc.

They also can exercise the local police power

They construct, acquire, operate, maintain and finance all properties, public improvements, projects etc for public purpose

They provide for the exercise of all powers of local government vested in the City by the Charter

They also provide for the enforcement of local laws and ordinances by legal or equitable proceedings.

The pay is $16,500 a year/$13,500 for council members
    He's not qualified based on his facebook page current data and/or lack of experience in anything useful for that position from his education back ground. End of discussion.

Who is blowing smoke up his ass? And take my advice, anyone in your local democratic party who supports this apparently are not good decision makers for your community.

Pirowski stated, “Our uniquely diverse community has prepared me for life’s challenges in ways that I do not believe possible in other cities. As a young man growing up in our small city, I grew up appreciating the... opportunity of having your voice heard. Here unlike in other communities, every person and vote counts. This has drawn me into politics with the ability to make a difference in the community that I love.”
    If he was running for a spot like that in Cheektowaga I would say go away. Want to make a difference? Go volunteer for free someplace.

Hank continued, “I am a life-long resident of Lackawanna. I enjoyed my
    I will never stop working to improve our city, elected or not. We must expect and demand more for our city. I certainly do and with your help we will make a difference together”, concluded Pirowski.
    Hank? What have you done in the past that made a difference in the community?

Excellent points Andrea brought up.

A couple of points.......

* " life-long resident of Lackawanna", Check the Front Page candidate announcements for the last 20 years.... they all start out with that as if it is an extra Brownie Point. If they lived in other places and went to a different school systems; maybe they would have different life-experiences that they could bring back to Lackawanna to broaden their concept of what it takes to make a community vibrant!

* " I will never stop working to improve our city, elected or not "........
    I find this very interesting. I have NEVER and I attend 95% seen him before this spring at any public meeting/affair.

* "opportunity of having your voice heard. Here unlike in other communities, every person and vote counts."

Yes, I agree, every vote counts---But NOT every person! The "Family and Friends" Club count---others, sadly, I have seen the club sweep them under the bus when they feed their purpose no longer!

Quote: WNY RESIDENT: "He's not qualified based on his facebook page current data and/or lack of experience in anything useful for that position from his education back ground. End of discussion.

Who is blowing smoke up his ass? And take my advice, anyone in your local democratic party who supports this apparently are not good decision makers for your community."

Gee that would be all of them: Warthling, Delmont, Koziol and Mingarelli! There hasn't been any good decision making in Lackawanna for more than 40 years so is this a surprise to anyone? Look at the picture on my avatar need I say more. Why do you think I left this party?
    Last edited by mnb811; July 9th, 2011 at 12:44 PM.

Sue Bokan Staniszewski

What about her qualifications?????

Susan Bokan StaniszewskiPolitician · Lackawanna, New

Basic Information
    Location 246 South Shore Blvd, Lackawanna, NY 14218
    Hometown Lackawanna NY 14218
    Affiliation Democrat
    Birthday March 4, 1969
    Country United States
    Currently Running For Office: Lackawanna City Council President
    State: NY
    Party: Democrat
    Current Office Office: None
    Biography I am currently running for the seat of Lackawanna City Council President. Life long resident of Lackawanna. Past Democratic Committe person.
    Former business owner in the city (Bokan's Tavern)
    Work at Lackawanna Schools for 20 years and still do.
    Married and raising a daughter in Lackawanna on South Shore Blvd.
    Political Views Moderate
    Relationship Status Married to
    David Staniszewski
    Religious Views Catholic
    Activities Going for walks. Running my daughter to all her activities; School, hockey, dancing, and softball.
    Interests Hanging out with family and friends. Enjoying the outdoors. Vacationing with family and friends. Watching my daughter play hockey, dance, and play softball.
    Favorite Music Country
    Favorite Movies My Best Friends Wedding
    Favorite TV Shows Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Billls, Yankees games, Food Network and General Hospital.
    Favorite Quotations Yesterday is history..Tomorrow is a mystery..Today is the present..So enjoy it!
    About Me I grew up in this city and I have no plans on leaving. I am a very hard worker and I fight for things I believe in.
    Education Info
    High School:
    Lackawanna High School '87

Didn't her husband cost the school district serious money in a civil rights case nevertheless? I couldn't recommend her even if I liked her personally. She would just be another puppet of Makeyenko. How could she possibly run a council meeting? Jaworski has a hard enough time as it is. Try running for something else first.
    Last edited by mnb811; July 9th, 2011 at 12:53 PM.

Out of the two people we have talked about runing for this seat neither one i find qualified. I don't know about the rest of you's but something needs to change in this city

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information