Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamburg Trades Sorrentino To Lackawanna

Hamburg Trades Sorrentino To Lackawanna

Ok, I've heard that former Democratic Party Chairman Vincent Sorrentino of Hamburg is going to be appointed Counsel for the Lackawanna Municipal Housing Authority.

I know there is at least one lawyer in Lackawanna who could do the job, because my mother's will was drawn up by one.

If true, what's the deal with going to an outsider?

Say it isn't so.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Wouldn't your Lackawanna community rather have someone qualified from Lackawanna?

Maybe you have a weak group of politicians out your way.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Wouldn't your Lackawanna community rather have someone qualified from Lackawanna?

Maybe you have a weak group of politicians out your way.
    If what I heard is true, then you probably are correct. That could be a good opportunity for for a young up and coming city attorney.

But, I'm not in Lackawanna. My mother has lived there for 52 years. I was there only 1956-1966

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Go read some of the hamburg threads. I think if I lived in Lackawanna I would use someone from Lackawanna.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Go read some of the hamburg threads. I think if I lived in Lackawanna I would use someone from Lackawanna.
    I'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    Ok, I've heard that former Democratic Party Chairman Vincent Sorrentino of Hamburg is going to be appointed Counsel for the Lackawanna Municipal Housing Authority.

I know there is at least one lawyer in Lackawanna who could do the job, because my mother's will was drawn up by one.

If true, what's the deal with going to an outsider?

Say it isn't so.
    Sorrentino is still chairman of the Hamburg Dem Committee. However, he has been the Town of Hamburg's attorney for many years because his party controlled town hall. Now that the Republicans outnumber the Dems 3-2 on the board, he will most likely be out of a town job in January.

He probably used his connections to broker some sort of deal for the job. Guess the guy still wants to earn a paycheck and pension on the back of taxpayers. Why doesnt he just run a private law office?

According to the other threads, there have been many accusations of impropriety and withholding information from the Town Supervisor. This guy is exactly what is wrong with politics and politicians in WNY.

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    Why doesnt he just run a private law office?
    He does work for a private firm.

The jobs in Hamburg and this possible job in Lackawanna are just used to promote his power over the people and further his self-attained "Godfather" image he has been cultivating for years.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson

The jobs in Hamburg and this possible job in Lackawanna are just used to promote his power over the people and further his self-attained "Godfather" image he has been cultivating for years.
    Thanks for the correction. Maybe he should just stick to his private practice!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson

Its got to be the hairplugs--or the glasses---no the hair plugs!

pols

Billy Delmont+Sorrentino=life time friendship. They been bartering jobs, money ect for years. Dick Smith was in the mix too. The front page ( delmont's newspaper)has been printing the hamburg town board minutes in the Lackawanne Front page for years. The offical newspaper as required by law. Why not the hamburg sun ect. Big contract. Now sorrentino needs a job and the ex mayors, Ex councilman are hiding here too. This School Board is controlled by delmonts people. One big circle. The people need to revolt and stop this NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by PAC police
    Billy Delmont+Sorrentino=life time friendship. They been bartering jobs, money ect for years. Dick Smith was in the mix too. The front page ( delmont's newspaper)has been printing the hamburg town board minutes in the Lackawanne Front page for years. The offical newspaper as required by law. Why not the hamburg sun ect. Big contract. Now sorrentino needs a job and the ex mayors, Ex councilman are hiding here too. This School Board is controlled by delmonts people. One big circle. The people need to revolt and stop this NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I'm familiar with Delmont. He is a wheeler dealer. Not surprised that he is involved. He pretty much rules from the corner of Ridge Rd. and South Park Ave. Lackawanna residents should be getting better treatment than that. I'll hope story is untrue about Sorrentino's appointment.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    I'm familiar with Delmont. He is a wheeler dealer. Not surprised that he is involved. He pretty much rules from the corner of Ridge Rd. and South Park Ave. Lackawanna residents should be getting better treatment than that. I'll hope story is untrue about Sorrentino's appointment.
    Let's not forget that Tony Mingarelli is on the housing board and is also Sorrentino's best friend.

Sorry state of politics in Lackawanna

This is just another example of the power brokers controlling the political process in our area.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    This is just another example of the power brokers controlling the political process in our area.
    Well go to the board or who ever an voice your complaint about him. Tell others about him and try to get them to go complain to. Bitch to the council members if you see them out shopping or at dinner to the point they start to listen. Make thier lives miserable if they are going to make a choice that will make your life harder or more costly.

It;s for the pension....

He's doing it so he can continue receiving pension benefits. He can't have a break in service and he'll be out on his ass in Hamburg soon. I'll bet he has a lot of years in the system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information