Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick McCusker For Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Here we go again! You obviously can't call anybody out on issues in Lackawanna. Why does Jaworski who voted for the land sale to begin with change his vote? Answer : Because he saw an opening in the African American Community for votes that's why. Political Hackiness at Lackawanna's Finest!

By the way I thought you and your group were with Geoff? Apparently your playing sides also since your with Jaworski on this one.

Here's 3 words for all you Political Experts and WANNA BE'S in Lackawanna "INTEGRITY", "MORALS" and "HONESTY"! Since none of you involved in politics seem to know what they are I'll put the definition up:

in·teg·ri·ty   /ɪnˈtɛgrɪti/ Show Spelled
    [in-teg-ri-tee] Show IPA

–noun
    1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

Here's another one for you:

mor·al   /ˈmɔrəl, ˈmɒr-/ Show Spelled
    [mawr-uhl, mor-] Show IPA

–adjective
    1.of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
    2.expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
    3.founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.

Here's another one:

hon·es·ty   /ˈɒnəsti/ Show Spelled
    [on-uh-stee] Show IPA

–noun, plural -ties.
    1. the quality or fact of being honest; uprightness and fairness.
    2. truthfulness, sincerity, or frankness.
    3. freedom from deceit or fraud.

When any of the 2 incumbents or anyone else involved in politics in the City of Lackawanna show any of these it'll be a cold day in hell. That is just my opinon and expierence over the last 20 years and I really don't care what you think about it! The truth hurts now doesn't it?
    What to go. I'll second that!

Post We are supposed to learn from our past.......

A coward is much more exposed to quarrels than a man of spirit.
    Thomas Jefferson

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
    Thomas Jefferson

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Thomas Jefferson

Agree or disagree.......glad to see more people involved in determining who is the best qualified person to lead Lackawanna! * It is NOT a personality contest either--it is about intelligence and strength to make the hard decisions for the good of all!
    An FYI to all concerned citizens:
    Jaworski held many of my Council Agenda items because he was too, (you can fill in the blank with wherever you stand), to tackle my proposals/questions......why doesn't/didn't EVERYONE do their homework on the city property or whatever issues, instead of pushing their hidden self-serving agendas? One of the major reasons Lackawanna can't belly up to the bar---unless someone else is paying of course. (What I mean for that is nothing much gets accomplished here due to the dirty poli-tricks.) Mr. Jaworski was on the Council when the same land was sold to the Church, isn't it ironic how some things come back to bite you on the ...?!

The next time they give you all that civic bull**** about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election”
    George Carlin quotes
    (American stand-up Comedian, Actor and Author. b.1937)

QUOTE FROM SALE OF CITY-OWNED PROPERTY THREAD: "Here's a scenerio...Let's say I saw a house for sale and put a bid on it, then was told that the house was "pulled off the market" for whatever reason. Several years down the road, the house goes back on the market and this time is sold to someone else. The question: Do I have a right to sue the real estate agency or the homeowners because I had bid "first?" Answer: No. Just because I bid on the house 10 years prior, doesn't authomatically guarantee me the right to buy the house now. For whatever reason, the house was pulled off the market. Right? A bid is just that...a bid. There was no contract. So, why all the fuss over city-owned property that was taken off the market and then years later was put back on the market? How is a "bid" considered a legal and binding contract?"

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Well so much for Pat Mccusker not the politician, his article in the front page speaks volumes.Hes a political hack just like the boys and girls he runs with. He is excluding the African American land deal from his article. He is being coaxed by Mingarelli and the boys to go with the Arabic land sale because they can bring the most to the table for him politically. He can care less who gets this land. Why all of a sudden is he worried what deal the council has struck. Where were you months ago Pat? Speaking of dividing the first ward, you have just done that! What African American could ever vote for you when you wont even give them a fair chance to bid on city owned property.
    I dont bother putting to much up here because I truly believe that people like Lackawanna # 1 are nothing more than simple minded droids and no matter how much of the truth you show them they cant change. They will always have an agenda whether it is knocking someone down or trying to convince people something different about who they want in office because of their own personalm gains. With that being said I do however feel as if I must reply to this idiots remarks. I know Pat McCusker personally and I know that he has a high sense of integrity, he is not excluding the African American community or anyone else through his article. What he simply said was that it has been many years since the shafting that the African American community has received in regards to this same land and that it is something that they have had many years to complain about and try and right. The evening of the approval by the council there were members of the African American community present and not one stood up at that time and voiced their objections to this land deal, I know this because I was there. Now after the fact of a new deal being struck they want to say it cant be, and there are those on the council who are running for Mayor who figured hey I support their cause and get their vote. So now the council president wants to re-hash this again at a cost to us tax payers. Mr. McCuskers artickle simply said you cant correct one wrong by making another wrong, he is saying keep your recent agreement and try to make amends to the African American community by offering them some other City owned land at a fair price. I think though that you knew all of this but probably figured it will help your cause by stirring up the pot. I would have to think you must be a Jaworski supporter !!

Post W W J D?......and NO ONE can divide you unless YOU let them!

What Would Jesus Do?

I found these few quotes off the web regarding "Divide and Conquer"

""this is strange, i figured more people would have heard about this...possibly being put on the news. seems to be real.

without staying from the course, would some democrats please explain to me why they go around carving up our American society into disaffected "groups" so they can champion them in elections and get their votes? has anyone noticed republicans doing this?

it all seems dirty to me, to get the vote this way. seems to me like divide and conquer. is this responsible?

doesn't anyone think that politics should avoid "grouping" people into demographic groups and just appeal to everyone as citizens?""

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

W W J D? My thoughts.

Divide and Conquer? ??????/Fits many peoples' shoes + City Hall's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake Up New York View Post
    I dont bother putting to much up here because I truly believe that people like Lackawanna # 1 are nothing more than simple minded droids and no matter how much of the truth you show them they cant change. They will always have an agenda whether it is knocking someone down or trying to convince people something different about who they want in office because of their own personalm gains. With that being said I do however feel as if I must reply to this idiots remarks. I know Pat McCusker personally and I know that he has a high sense of integrity, he is not excluding the African American community or anyone else through his article. What he simply said was that it has been many years since the shafting that the African American community has received in regards to this same land and that it is something that they have had many years to complain about and try and right. The evening of the approval by the council there were members of the African American community present and not one stood up at that time and voiced their objections to this land deal, I know this because I was there. Now after the fact of a new deal being struck they want to say it cant be, and there are those on the council who are running for Mayor who figured hey I support their cause and get their vote. So now the council president wants to re-hash this again at a cost to us tax payers. Mr. McCuskers artickle simply said you cant correct one wrong by making another wrong, he is saying keep your recent agreement and try to make amends to the African American community by offering them some other City owned land at a fair price. I think though that you knew all of this but probably figured it will help your cause by stirring up the pot. I would have to think you must be a Jaworski supporter !!
    Now your playing the damage control game, His statement has nothing to do with Jaworski or who supports Jaworski. Why if the African American church wanted the land first, and got hosed on the land deal , why hasnt pat stood up and said that the land should be given to them. The sale of a lot next door to you, would not landlock you would it, no it would simply be used for something other than if you bought it. Being fair and objective is what a mayor needs to be by your own words,and you always bash the currnet administration about being a dictatorship, now when your boyfriend/candidate wants to do the same, your here to protect and say its something different. Let the land go up for auction to everyone who wants to bid on it and the fair price will be paid regardless of who gets it. it may even go on the tax role instead of being tax exempt the way Pat wants it to be. Your many personalities on this site represent the many you have in real life! So maybe YOU should wake up and be your own person instead of whom they make you be. Typical Tony Mingarelli move! Check!

Now your playing the damage control game, His statement has nothing to do with Jaworski or who supports Jaworski. Why if the African American church wanted the land first, and got hosed on the land deal , why hasnt pat stood up and said that the land should be given to them. The sale of a lot next door to you, would not landlock you would it, no it would simply be used for something other than if you bought it. Being fair and objective is what a mayor needs to be by your own words,and you always bash the currnet administration about being a dictatorship, now when your boyfriend/candidate wants to do the same, your here to protect and say its something different. Let the land go up for auction to everyone who wants to bid on it and the fair price will be paid regardless of who gets it. it may even go on the tax role instead of being tax exempt the way Pat wants it to be. Your many personalities on this site represent the many you have in real life! So maybe YOU should wake up and be your own person instead of whom they make you be. Typical Tony Mingarelli move! Check!
    Come on Sybil. Talk about many personalities Lackawanna 1 thru 10. You cry like a baby when you are called out. Just another democratic ploy the, race card. So tiring and lame.

I broke down and finally went out and bought a Front Page to see what all the fuss was about. I read McCusker's article. I re-read it a second and a third time. I'm sorry, but I don't get "racist" out of the article at all. What I got was McCusker's berating the City Council for all their flipflopping and back pedaling, and pointing out that the city attorney has this sudden "conflict of interest." Why aren't people upset and screaming bloody murder over the fact that outside counsel is going to cost the taxpayer money...money that will not be recouped because the land is being sold to some nonprofit organization WHO WON'T BE PAYING TAXES. As a taxpayer, why aren't you demanding answers...like, WHAT CONFLICT OF INTEREST could the city attorney possibly have that would prevent him from representing the city who pays him?

Did you read "1984" in school? Whenever the government wanted to distract the citizens, they would create some sort of crisis somewhere else. As long as the people in Lackawanna are willing to get sidetracked with rumors of "racism," the City Council can happily continue to pass resolutions, spend taxpayer money like petty cash, issue million dollar bonds, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    I broke down and finally went out and bought a Front Page to see what all the fuss was about. I read McCusker's article. I re-read it a second and a third time. I'm sorry, but I don't get "racist" out of the article at all. What I got was McCusker's berating the City Council for all their flipflopping and back pedaling, and pointing out that the city attorney has this sudden "conflict of interest." Why aren't people upset and screaming bloody murder over the fact that outside counsel is going to cost the taxpayer money...money that will not be recouped because the land is being sold to some nonprofit organization WHO WON'T BE PAYING TAXES. As a taxpayer, why aren't you demanding answers...like, WHAT CONFLICT OF INTEREST could the city attorney possibly have that would prevent him from representing the city who pays him?

Did you read "1984" in school? Whenever the government wanted to distract the citizens, they would create some sort of crisis somewhere else. As long as the people in Lackawanna are willing to get sidetracked with rumors of "racism," the City Council can happily continue to pass resolutions, spend taxpayer money like petty cash, issue million dollar bonds, etc.

I like your train of thought caz. Hey especially----taypayer money like petty cash...can I use that in our town? Our officials use our money in the same fashion.

Check out Lancaster threads.....

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post

Why aren't people upset and screaming bloody murder over the fact that outside counsel is going to cost the taxpayer money...money that will not be recouped because the land is being sold to some nonprofit organization WHO WON'T BE PAYING TAXES.
    I believe I did question the non tax issue. read it again,it may even go on the tax role instead of being tax exempt the way Pat wants it to be. And yes it is ridiculous to hire outside council! Maybe one of the attorneys represented some of the people trying to buy the land?
    Oh wait, I cant believe you havent blamed it on or dragged Makeyenko into this yet, lets see how you can spin this one. it isnt rumors when it is a printed article by a candidate! He doesnt have a shot anyway, hes in bed with the political hacks so its a dead issue. it is what it is. Take it anyway you want.

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Come on Sybil. Talk about many personalities Lackawanna 1 thru 10. You cry like a baby when you are called out. Just another democratic ploy the, race card. So tiring and lame.
    Sad part is your one person typing as ten and Lackawanna #1 is ten typing as one you crack head! Your screen name should be get a job or cant hold a job not get a life!hahahahahahahahahh

Sad part is your one person typing as ten and Lackawanna #1 is ten typing as one you crack head! Your screen name should be get a job or cant hold a job not get a life!hahahahahahahahahh
    Listen you fool, I've held my job in the private sector for more than 40 years in supervision of more than 500 employees and 60 million dollars in sales. I've have bought and sold people that are better than you. Maybe when you grow up and act your age instead of your immature and ignorant mental age, you will figure out that you really are nothing more than a preverted pig with no sense of value. Further more if you think that your stupid comments will win my vote over, your dreaming. People like you need the political system to to survive because you would never make it in the private sector. Calling me names doesn't change the fact that you are just ignorant. PS what happens to you when you and your cronies loose control does that mean your gone too. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Listen you fool, I've held my job in the private sector for more than 40 years in supervision of more than 500 employees and 60 million dollars in sales. I've have bought and sold people that are better than you. Maybe when you grow up and act your age instead of your immature and ignorant mental age, you will figure out that you really are nothing more than a preverted pig with no sense of value. Further more if you think that your stupid comments will win my vote over, your dreaming. People like you need the political system to to survive because you would never make it in the private sector. Calling me names doesn't change the fact that you are just ignorant. PS what happens to you when you and your cronies loose control does that mean your gone too. I hope so.
    What the hell would i need your vote for, im not running for anything and never did and never will, no desire to deal with idiots like you. OOOOPS hit another sore spot.Bought and sold people? So thats what its all about huh.
    Proves my point that you scumbags think that people can be bought and now sold also! Dont need patronage to survive like most, but I bet you cant buy me either! You just showed everyone what a scumbag you really are! I bet your screen name is meant for the average Lackawanna person telling them to get a life, seeeing that your so high on the hog that you are in the business of buying and selling people!
    And for such a high profile person its lose control not loose control you idiot!

What the hell would i need your vote for, im not running for anything and never did and never will, no desire to deal with idiots like you. OOOOPS hit another sore spot.Bought and sold people? So thats what its all about huh.
    Proves my point that you scumbags think that people can be bought and now sold also! Dont need patronage to survive like most, but I bet you cant buy me either! You just showed everyone what a scumbag you really are! I bet your screen name is meant for the average Lackawanna person telling them to get a life, seeeing that your so high on the hog that you are in the business of buying and selling people!
    And for such a high profile person its lose control not loose control you idiot!
    Hey idiot, the term, "buy and sell" means "hire and fire". I was sure you wouldn't get it. I have secretaries to type my paperwork. Just a typo error. I'm 100 percent sure you've made them. The fact is that I respect people for what they do and not who they know. So what have done with your pathetic life? I AM PROUD OF MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND I DON'T OWE ANYBODY ANYTHING AND NEITHER DOES MY FAMILY. HOW ABOUT YOURS. Your part of the friends and family club that is a real special accomplishment. What did that cost you? PS Everytime you open your pathetic mouth just confirms that I am better than you are. You offer no substantive information which are your own thoughts. Just a stooge for family and friends. People like you think that they can bully people around. I find it to be rather boring. I told you before if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen....................
    You have been found not worthy.

Once again if you read my first line you will see how it applies to you and your ridiculous reply. His statement had everything to do with Jaworski now saying after the of approval that he wanted to sit down with both sides and see if some sort of resolution can be made hence you moron thast Jaworski himself is playing the political vote getting games. Now because of him he is going to cost the tax payers money. Once again why wasnt there anyone from the African American community that was in attendance that evening standing up and saying hey we wanted that land and you promised us that land before. Furthermore why havent they been saying that at every meeting when this was brought up. See no matter what is said to people like you the truth will never be seen. Also it sounds like you think I am someone who I am not but being wrong is habitual with you !!!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information