Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick McCusker For Mayor

Patrick McCusker For Mayor

I am very pleased to learn that Patrick (Pat) McCusker is running for Mayor of Lackawanna.

Pat is not the run of the mill political puppet. He lives in Lackawanna, and as Mayor will work for the people of Lackawanna.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalonymann View Post
    I am very pleased to learn that Patrick (Pat) McCusker is running for Mayor of Lackawanna.

Pat is not the run of the mill political puppet. He lives in Lackawanna, and as Mayor will work for the people of Lackawanna.
    Whatever happened to Tom Jackson who threw his hat in the ring a few elections ago? Retired PE teacher from West Seneca who lives on South Shore and has worked as a sub in Lackawanna Schools?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is his platform, did you pay $20 to hear it?

What exactly is his platform? He had a meet Pat $20 to get in and hear his ideas. No thanks!

I posted this in a different thread earlier for you Lackcitizen:

Here are the things you are looking for to TRULY be an informed voter:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to those that do not know me. My name is Patrick A. McCusker. I am making this announcement to declare my candidacy for the office of Mayor of the great city of Lackawanna, NY.
    I was raised in Lackawanna, and graduated from Lackawanna High School in the year 1978. Much has changed since that time. The strength and resolve of the citizens has remained. As I raise my two children as a widower I see many of the challenges single parents must deal with each and every day. They are the same issues two parent families have; however I never imagined losing my loving wife to cancer in 2007. In 1983 we never imagined the city of Lackawanna without Bethlehem Steel either. The time has come for this great city of Lackawanna to take control of its future and leave the loss behind. We have a fantastic opportunity to use the resources here for the betterment of our citizens. If you believe Lackawanna can once again bring industry to our industrial areas, affordable housing to our residential neighborhoods, and business back to our commercial buildings; safety in our streets, fairness to all residents; Patrick A. McCusker is the person you want leading your city.
    I spent eighteen years as a union ironworker, taking a leave from Ironworkers Local #6 due to an injury. As an ironworker I took initiative to serve as an executive board member for 6 years. During that time I was involved in two contract negotiations. I believe that experience in negotiating with the contractors will carry forward when the time comes to negotiate fair and equitable contracts with the union membership that represents our city. Negotiations should be a well thought out plan for the future that is fair and equitable to the labor force and also the taxpayers of Lackawanna.
    In the year 1999 I was retrained as a tax professional, and hired at H&R Block. From that time forward I was very rapidly promoted to the position of district manager. Those promotions were earned through developing plans to increase revenue and control spending. As district manager I was responsible for 43 offices throughout Niagara and Erie Counties. My labor and management skills make Patrick A. McCusker the most qualified candidate to run this great city of Lackawanna!
    In the coming months I plan to have town hall meetings throughout the city and visit as many homes as possible to get to personally know as many residents as I can. Please attend the planned meetings so the voters can make an educated, informed decision when they cast their votes.

Now that the Lackawanna School Board election has been completed, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the candidates on a well-run campaign. A special congratulation goes out to Dave Joyce, Ken Motyka, and Maureen Gambino on achieving the support of the voters to be entrusted with the responsibility of our school children.
    In the next few months the voters will have another opportunity to give Lackawanna the positive future that we all deserve. I encourage the voters to listen to each candidate and make an informed independent judgment on whom they wish to lead this great city of Lackawanna. We will have choices to make for the best possible future for our residents, one and all. I wish the residents of Lackawanna the courage to discuss the issues in depth with friends and family
    I have heard it said, ‘If you can’t pick the people up in your life, for God’s sake don’t let them take you down!’ The time is now for the residents of Lackawanna to let go of the old, outdated policies that have left our city behind. We must move forward with a solid plan to bring new residents into the city. We must drive new business into our business and industrial areas.
    In the upcoming months leading into the primary election I will come to the residents of Lackawanna with my plan to drive industry into Lackawanna. I will work with the Department of Development to promote Lackawanna, and educate prospective businesses regarding the resources Lackawanna has to offer.
    I will inform voters on my plan for the infrastructure of Lackawanna, promoting an annual maintenance of the parks, streets, fire and police, and public works facilities. With Patrick A. McCusker leading the great city of Lackawanna we will have a progressive approach to repair rather than a reactive system that causes catastrophic repairs to be done under less than ideal circumstances. Working with the Commissioner of Public Works, together we will be able to more efficiently manage the resources to effectively control expenses. Come join us on June 9, 2011 at the Lake Erie Italian Club to become a better informed voter. This is just a beginning of my plan for a positive future in Lackawanna, New York!
    I look forward to meeting as many residents of Lackawanna as possible in the coming months.

Come join us
    MEET PATRICK A. MCCUSKER
    Your next mayor of the great city of Lackawanna
    Thursday June 9, 2011
    Lake Erie Italian Club
    3200 South Park Avenue
    6-8 p.m.
    Beer- food-pop-raffles
    Donation $20.00 per person
    POSITIVE IDEAS-POSITIVE ACTIONS-POSITIVE FUTURE

PLATFORM FOR THE GREAT CITY OF LACKAWANNA, NY
    Pat has the plan for the positive future of Lackawanna------
    Drive business back into Lackawanna;
    Lackawanna will be an industrial leader once again. The director of development will be an aggressive salesperson for our great city. We will reach out to small business entrepreneurs and the largest manufacturers alike!
    When we make Lackawanna an inviting city all residents will benefit from an increase in the property values!
    City Services
    I will work with the leaders of our fantastic fire department, police department, and public works to ensure a safe work environment, tools to complete their work load, proper manpower, and a budget that affords the infrastructure will be maintained on a yearly basis so as to avoid having to make emergency repairs after years of neglect.
    Residents
    Residents of Lackawanna deserve the best possible representation. As mayor of the great city of Lackawanna I will work with and represent ALL residents regardless of the political party they have chosen of their own free will to be a member of. At no time will I ask, nor research which party you are affiliated with. My approach will always be decided upon the issues and how it will affect the city of Lackawanna.
    Recreation
    Lackawanna has limited recreation activities. We need to keep that alive; we also need to add more recreation during the days for our children. Under my leadership there will be programs that bring our children together for a variety of activities.
    I will work closely with the senior citizens to make sure their desires are met.
    Grant Money
    Lackawanna will actively seek grants for every aspect of the city, from recreation to roads, from senior activities to firefighter equipment. Nothing will be neglected under my leadership.
    Leadership
    Common sense will rule while Patrick A. McCusker is mayor of Lackawanna, NY
    Neighborhood Beautification
    Residents will be encouraged to keep their properties beautiful. The city of Lackawanna will set the standard with public land being improved with trees, flowers, benches where possible. City hall will reach out for neighbors as to how they wish for the vacant land surrounding their homes to appear.
    Dilapidated Property
    City hall will take an aggressive approach to removing properties that have been neglected to the point where they are no longer valuable. I will take advantage of laws and court rulings to effectively develop residential and commercial land.

POSITIVE IDEAS POSITIVE ACTIONS POSITIVE FUTURE

I added this to this post for you too.

CITY VISION

VISION STATEMENT

The vision of the McCusker4Mayor team is for the city of Lackawanna to be an inclusive environment throughout for ALL residents through my learned management skills.

MISSION STATEMENT

The mission of the McCusker4 Mayor team is to create an all-encompassing city, and serve the citizens of the City of Lackawanna in an effective and efficient manner through the wise use and management of all resources.
    Last edited by cath829; June 13th, 2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by Lackcitizen View Post
    What exactly is his platform? He had a meet Pat $20 to get in and hear his ideas. No thanks!
    Didn't you have to pay 20 for Geoff's to? LOL What morons.

Sounds like this guy is the only one with any management expierence. Can't say that about the others.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    I posted this in a different thread earlier for you Lackcitizen:

Here are the things you are looking for to TRULY be an informed voter:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to those that do not know me. My name is Patrick A. McCusker. I am making this announcement to declare my candidacy for the office of Mayor of the great city of Lackawanna, NY.
    I was raised in Lackawanna, and graduated from Lackawanna High School in the year 1978. Much has changed since that time. The strength and resolve of the citizens has remained. As I raise my two children as a widower I see many of the challenges single parents must deal with each and every day. They are the same issues two parent families have; however I never imagined losing my loving wife to cancer in 2007. In 1983 we never imagined the city of Lackawanna without Bethlehem Steel either. The time has come for this great city of Lackawanna to take control of its future and leave the loss behind. We have a fantastic opportunity to use the resources here for the betterment of our citizens. If you believe Lackawanna can once again bring industry to our industrial areas, affordable housing to our residential neighborhoods, and business back to our commercial buildings; safety in our streets, fairness to all residents; Patrick A. McCusker is the person you want leading your city.
    I spent eighteen years as a union ironworker, taking a leave from Ironworkers Local #6 due to an injury. As an ironworker I took initiative to serve as an executive board member for 6 years. During that time I was involved in two contract negotiations. I believe that experience in negotiating with the contractors will carry forward when the time comes to negotiate fair and equitable contracts with the union membership that represents our city. Negotiations should be a well thought out plan for the future that is fair and equitable to the labor force and also the taxpayers of Lackawanna.
    In the year 1999 I was retrained as a tax professional, and hired at H&R Block. From that time forward I was very rapidly promoted to the position of district manager. Those promotions were earned through developing plans to increase revenue and control spending. As district manager I was responsible for 43 offices throughout Niagara and Erie Counties. My labor and management skills make Patrick A. McCusker the most qualified candidate to run this great city of Lackawanna!
    In the coming months I plan to have town hall meetings throughout the city and visit as many homes as possible to get to personally know as many residents as I can. Please attend the planned meetings so the voters can make an educated, informed decision when they cast their votes.

Now that the Lackawanna School Board election has been completed, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the candidates on a well-run campaign. A special congratulation goes out to Dave Joyce, Ken Motyka, and Maureen Gambino on achieving the support of the voters to be entrusted with the responsibility of our school children.
    In the next few months the voters will have another opportunity to give Lackawanna the positive future that we all deserve. I encourage the voters to listen to each candidate and make an informed independent judgment on whom they wish to lead this great city of Lackawanna. We will have choices to make for the best possible future for our residents, one and all. I wish the residents of Lackawanna the courage to discuss the issues in depth with friends and family
    I have heard it said, ‘If you can’t pick the people up in your life, for God’s sake don’t let them take you down!’ The time is now for the residents of Lackawanna to let go of the old, outdated policies that have left our city behind. We must move forward with a solid plan to bring new residents into the city. We must drive new business into our business and industrial areas.
    In the upcoming months leading into the primary election I will come to the residents of Lackawanna with my plan to drive industry into Lackawanna. I will work with the Department of Development to promote Lackawanna, and educate prospective businesses regarding the resources Lackawanna has to offer.
    I will inform voters on my plan for the infrastructure of Lackawanna, promoting an annual maintenance of the parks, streets, fire and police, and public works facilities. With Patrick A. McCusker leading the great city of Lackawanna we will have a progressive approach to repair rather than a reactive system that causes catastrophic repairs to be done under less than ideal circumstances. Working with the Commissioner of Public Works, together we will be able to more efficiently manage the resources to effectively control expenses. Come join us on June 9, 2011 at the Lake Erie Italian Club to become a better informed voter. This is just a beginning of my plan for a positive future in Lackawanna, New York!
    I look forward to meeting as many residents of Lackawanna as possible in the coming months.

Come join us
    MEET PATRICK A. MCCUSKER
    Your next mayor of the great city of Lackawanna
    Thursday June 9, 2011
    Lake Erie Italian Club
    3200 South Park Avenue
    6-8 p.m.
    Beer- food-pop-raffles
    Donation $20.00 per person
    POSITIVE IDEAS-POSITIVE ACTIONS-POSITIVE FUTURE

Drive business back into Lackawanna;
    Lackawanna will be an industrial leader once again. The director of development will be an aggressive salesperson for our great city. We will reach out to small business entrepreneurs and the largest manufacturers alike!
    When we make Lackawanna an inviting city all residents will benefit from an increase in the property values!
    City Services
    I will work with the leaders of our fantastic fire department, police department, and public works to ensure a safe work environment, tools to complete their work load, proper manpower, and a budget that affords the infrastructure will be maintained on a yearly basis so as to avoid having to make emergency repairs after years of neglect.
    Residents
    Residents of Lackawanna deserve the best possible representation. As mayor of the great city of Lackawanna I will work with and represent ALL residents regardless of the political party they have chosen of their own free will to be a member of. At no time will I ask, nor research which party you are affiliated with. My approach will always be decided upon the issues and how it will affect the city of Lackawanna.
    Recreation
    Lackawanna has limited recreation activities. We need to keep that alive; we also need to add more recreation during the days for our children. Under my leadership there will be programs that bring our children together for a variety of activities.
    I will work closely with the senior citizens to make sure their desires are met.
    Grant Money
    Lackawanna will actively seek grants for every aspect of the city, from recreation to roads, from senior activities to firefighter equipment. Nothing will be neglected under my leadership.
    Leadership
    Residents will be encouraged to keep their properties beautiful. The city of Lackawanna will set the standard with public land being improved with trees, flowers, benches where possible. City hall will reach out for neighbors as to how they wish for the vacant land surrounding their homes to appear.
    Dilapidated Property
    City hall will take an aggressive approach to removing properties that have been neglected to the point where they are no longer valuable. I will take advantage of laws and court rulings to effectively develop residential and commercial land.

POSITIVE IDEAS POSITIVE ACTIONS POSITIVE FUTURE

I added this to this post for you too.

CITY VISION

VISION STATEMENT

The vision of the McCusker4Mayor team is for the city of Lackawanna to be an inclusive environment throughout for ALL residents through my learned management skills.

MISSION STATEMENT

The mission of the McCusker4 Mayor team is to create an all-encompassing city, and serve the citizens of the City of Lackawanna in an effective and efficient manner through the wise use and management of all resources.
    feel free to vote for him then. I loved the fifty cent dig, you are about as classy as Pat before he decided to run. If he stayed himself instead of turning into someone else, now that would have been refreshing!

feel free to vote for him then. I loved the fifty cent dig, you are about as classy as Pat before he decided to run. If he stayed himself instead of turning into someone else, now that would have been refreshing!
    I do plan on voting for him! You are the one who was grumpy over a fundraiser....did you happen to bash Geoff on his fundraiser which was held on May 12th? Jaworski or any other candidate? Pat hasn't changed one bit, you obviously do NOT know him at all.

Oh so I guess he can't say what needs to be said apparently? Must be why you folks are so worried about him. Only in Lackawanna. LOL This crap never stops does it.

Wouldn't it be interesting (AND INFORMATIVE) to have some sort of public debate? An "Ask the Candidate" night? An open forum kind of "meet the candidate" afternoon? Or perhaps the Front Page newspaper could come up with a few questions and invite the candidates to submit comments to be printed each issue?

Who do we call to set a debate up? Any groups in Lackawanna that will sponsor one? i would bring my whole family from Lackawanna as well as beyond to hear it.

If I'm not mistaken, the League of Women Voters are more than willing to set up and moderate any political debate. They did so during the school board campaigning awhile ago...sadly, only two candidates showed up (if my memory serves me correctly). I'm not sure who, exactly, contacted the League of Women Voters to set it up, but it was handled very professionally.

Talking exerpts from Pat McCusker platform

Drive business back into Lackawanna; HOW WILL THIS BE DONE? NICE THOUGHT BUT WHAT IS THE PLAN?
    Lackawanna will be an industrial leader once again. The director of development will be an aggressive salesperson for our great city. We will reach out to small business entrepreneurs and the largest manufacturers alike! NO ONE WANTS TO PUT A BUSINESS HERE, INSURANCE & TAXES TOO HIGH, GOING TO TAKE LONGER THEN THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF TERMS ALLOWED TO FIX THAT.
    When we make Lackawanna an inviting city all residents will benefit from an increase in the property values! THE ONLY INCREASE IN PROPERTY VALUE WILL BE IF FATHER BAKER BECOMES A SAINT!
    City Services
    I will work with the leaders of our fantastic fire department, police department, and public works to ensure a safe work environment, tools to complete their work load, proper manpower, and a budget that affords the infrastructure will be maintained on a yearly basis so as to avoid having to make emergency repairs after years of neglect. SO HE WILL WORK WITH THE ILLEGAL SCOUNDRELS THAT YOU ARE ALL SPEAKING OF?
    Residents
    Residents of Lackawanna deserve the best possible representation. As mayor of the great city of Lackawanna I will work with and represent ALL residents regardless of the political party they have chosen of their own free will to be a member of. At no time will I ask, nor research which party you are affiliated with. My approach will always be decided upon the issues and how it will affect the city of Lackawanna. HE ALREADY HAS A LIST OF ALL DEMOCRATS IN THE CITY. IF HE DOES NOT WIN THE PRIMARY, THE OTHER LISTS WILL FOLLOW!
    Recreation
    Lackawanna has limited recreation activities. We need to keep that alive; we also need to add more recreation during the days for our children. Under my leadership there will be programs that bring our children together for a variety of activities. WILL THIS BE VOLUNTEER OR CITY PAID EMPLOYEES RUNNING THESE?
    Grant Money
    Lackawanna will actively seek grants for every aspect of the city, from recreation to roads, from senior activities to firefighter equipment. Nothing will be neglected under my leadership. CERTAIN ROADS ARE COUNTY AS WAS THE MONIES RECEIVED TO BUILD THE SENIOR CENTER!
    Leadership
    Residents will be encouraged to keep their properties beautiful. The city of Lackawanna will set the standard with public land being improved with trees, flowers, benches where possible.THAT IS THE QUESTION WHERE POSSIBLE? City hall will reach out for neighbors as to how they wish for the vacant land surrounding their homes to appear. WHO WILL DO THIS IMPROVEMENT TAXPAYER MONEY OR PRIVATE CITIZENS??
    Dilapidated Property
    THIS IS ALREADY STARTED, THE OWNER HAS TO TEAR DOWN THEIR OWN PROPERTY OR PAY THE CITY TO DO IT.

Then WHY has it not been taken down yet?? Center Street has had slum and blight for 6 years now....doesn't take THAT long! Aren't you the one complaining that you live over there? Did you start your fight with City Hall yet? If you want people to read what you just posted, change your answers to a different color.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information