Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayoral Candidate Geoffrey Szymanski's Platform

Quote Originally Posted by dickypotpie View Post
    Caz5. Who do you recommend we vote for this coming mayors election?
    Not Status Quo. Someone with fresh eyes and ideas. Someone with the knowledge. Someone that is not "in it for himself". Someone who will work with the people. Someone who will work with business. Someone who will with the not "play the game". SOMEONE WHO HASN'T BEEN THERE ALREADY!! Someone who can CHANGE the City of Lackawanna once and for all! Morals. Ingegrity. Transparency. Honesty. Knowledge. Business Sense. Personable.

Now Dicky....who do you recomend?

From all the info you have posted you must know all the candidates running and so I ask the question again. Who are you supporting given the choices of candidates that turned in petitions.

She just said anyone but status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    mnb811.....he/she has ALL the answers. Oooops, he/she lives in Boston
    Thanks for the endorsement but your right I can't "honestly" run because I live in Boston now. But, there are people running for Mayor of Lackawanna right at the moment that live outside the city and that hasn't stopped them from trying. What do you expect when you allowed it to happen before?

So now mnb you answer for andrea,caz5 &sunflower.Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by dickypotpie View Post
    From all the info you have posted you must know all the candidates running and so I ask the question again. Who are you supporting given the choices of candidates that turned in petitions.
    Don't think caz5 can answer that just yet....petitions haven't been turned in yet for the mayoral race.

Dear Dicky, et.al.

Since the petitions don't start getting signed until June 7th and aren't filed until July 14th, it's difficult to even begin to guess or predict or dream up a name to give you for who I personally like.

Sunflower, is/was on the School Board. mnb811 lives in Boston. Andrea, I assume, is Andrea Haxton. And you assume I know these people, because...?

I am a Lackawanna High School graduate and married someone who joined the army soon after graduation. We have just recently moved back to LA. No children...but LOTS of aunts, uncles, and cousins in LA, South Buffalo and Hamburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    An article in New WNY Politics
    "Warthling:

WHERE DOES GEOFF SZYMANSKI FIT INTO THIS?? IS MR. SZYMANSKI PART OF THIS "ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT REVIVAL" THAT WARTHLING IS BRAGGING ABOUT? IS HE PART OF POLANSKI, THE "VERY COMPETENT AND RESOURCEFUL EXECUTIVE" FAN CLUB???
    Hmmmmmm...perhaps soon through marriage to be part of his family?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You asked who I would recommend as mayor. Let me put it this way...when I last lived in Lackawanna, Monarch was a K-Mart and that video store across the street was a Pizza Hut. Where Save-A-Lot is now, there was a Goodwill, a grocery store, Bryant & Stratton, and a thriving gift shop. The so-called "business section" of the City did NOT have a pawn shop, a liquor store, vacant buildings with FOR SALE signs plastered on them, and that little alley way behind City Hall that exits onto Nason Parkway was filled with cherry blossoms each spring. The playgrounds were maintained. I don't remember seeing boarded up buildings on every street.

You asked who I would recommend as mayor? Look at who has been in power all these years and look at the condition of this City. Now, I ask you...is "status quo" the answer? Do you really truly want MORE decay, MORE neglect, MORE corruption? The status quo are strutting around like peacocks...patting themselves on the back for all their "achievements" and are using words like "revitalization," "vision," and "contributing generously" to the community. WHAT PLANET ARE THESE PEOPLE ON???? Do you want more of the same? Then vote the SAME people back into office...and better yet...let's PROMOTE them from Councilman to MAYOR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    mnb811.....he/she has ALL the answers. Oooops, he/she lives in Boston
    I live in West Seneca so does that mean I shouldn't care about some of my family members who live in Lackawanna? Have you noticed how disgusting parts of the second ward have become over the past 8 years? Kozub and Szymanski are to blame and you fools stay with the status quo.....makes some wonder what and who are lining your pockets.

Democrats back Szymanski for mayorBy Jay Tokasz

NEWS STAFF REPORTER

Published:
    May 20, 2011, 12:00 AM

0 Comments
    Font Size:
    -2-1Standard+1+2E-mailSharePrintFacebookTwitterGoogleRedditDelicious Stumble UponDiggFarkMySpace
    Updated: May 20, 2011, 6:52 AM

The Lackawanna Democratic committee has endorsed 2nd Ward Councilman Geoffrey M. Szymanski in the upcoming mayoral race.

Szymanski beat out four other candidates, including Council President Chuck Jaworski, in a caucus of 40 committee members Wednesday night in Curly’s Bar and Restaurant on Ridge Road.

In heavily Democratic Lackawanna, the committee endorsement often foreshadows a Democratic primary and general election win.

“It was a very important meeting yesterday,” said Lackawanna Democratic Committee Chairman Francis Warthling. “The new mayor’s going to have a lot on his plate. There’s lots of work.”

Szymanski garnered about three-quarters of the vote, said Warthling.

“He did his homework. He reached out to all the committee people and gathered support,” he said.

In addition to Jaworski, others seeking the party endorsement were Patrick McCuster, the Rev. Dion J. Watkins and Walter Sears.

Szymanski also has the backing of current Mayor Norman L. Polanski Jr., who is not eligible to run again due to term limits.

The committee endorsed teacher Keith Lewis for the 4th Ward Council seat currently held by Joseph

J. Schiavi.

Lewis lost in the 2007 election to Schiavi, who is not eligible for re-election due to term limits.

The committee also endorsed political newcomer Hank Pirowski for Council president. Pirowski has not held elective office before.

Former 1st Ward Councilwoman Andrea Haxton is expected to make a bid for the Council president seat, but she did not seek the Democratic committee endorsement.

jtokasz@buffnews.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good luck the City is Doomed to fail!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Good luck the City is Doomed to fail!
    Tell us again how you're not NEGATIVE......LIAR!!!!!!

Have you seen what the second ward looks like? If that is what Geoff Szymanski has to offer the rest of Lackawanna, you people are in for a rude awakening! How long has he held a council seat? He is in the race for mayor ONLY for a higher office. he is nothing but a career politician! i heard he and his wife do not even live in Lackawanna! He ruined the 2nd ward!!

April 19, 2010 AMHERST TIMES

There is an article entitled "Higgins Fights FEMA on Buffalo Flood Maps" with a timeline that included Lackawanna:

Congressman Higgins stated that 34 billion dollars has been paid to FEMA in the last 30 years...15 billion dollars of which went to Louisiana even though that state only paid 3 billion dollars into the program.

Oct. 2006 - Higgins asked the Governor to use FEMA mitigation funds to support dredging of Smokes Creek in Lackawanna.

June 2007 - Higgins advocated for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to allow dredging of Smokes Creek in Lackawanna.

Oct. 2007 - Higgins announces that FEMA has redrawn the flood maps resulting in 90% reduction in flood plain size in the city of Buffalo.

Sept. 2008 - The City of Buffalo signed a local law removing 2,768 city properties from the 100-year floodway boundary.

Oct. 2008 - The dredging of Smokes Creek in Lackawanna was completed.

Nov. 2009 - U.S. Army of Engineers working on analysis and redrawing maps in Lackawanna's Smokes Creek area.

THAT WAS NOVEMBER OF 2009, FOLKS! IF IT'S TRUE THAT GEOFF HAS BEEN FIGHTING FOR PROPERTY OWNERS WITH REGARDS TO THE FLOOD INSURANCE...HAS ANYONE SEEN ANY RESULTS? ANY OPEN COMMUNICATION WITH THE PROPERTY OWENRS?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information