Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna: Democracy or Dictatorship?

Thumbs down Lackawanna: Democracy or Dictatorship?

Lackawanna, NY 2011: Land of FA (short for FAT A****)

Lackawanna is no longer governed by a Democracy. Our Council President seems to forget he was "elected" by the voters in this City. Apparently he feels he is Royalty...and held his own "Coronation" and he is KING.

So now now he shall be dubbed The "FA KING".
    We now have the FA King and the 4 FA King Stooges with no independent minds of their own. And WE actually pay for the privledge of their stupidity and arrogance.

Where does the FA King sit? On his FA King Bar Stool.

If the FA King does not agree with you his attitude is "NO FA King Way".

The elections are coming up. The FA King wants to be Mayor and the 4 FA King Stooges wish to be relected.

The VOTERS of LACKAWANNA must say back to them: "NO FA King Way".

How long must we be ignored or abused by them? I promise you in a couple months they will be all over the City of Lackawanna making promises they will not keep. Asking you to support their election campaigns. To make phone calls for them, put signs in your yards. Attend their fund raisers. Trying to be YOUR best friend. Acting humble and pleading for your votes. And then once the votes are counted, they will give us more of the same.

If YOU do not care enough to go to Council Meetings and speak up and be heard, then you allow them to do what they want and not answer to anyone. And after the deed is done... it is too late...for YOU!

Then...WE THE PEOPLE OF LACKAWANNA.... MUST RISE UP AND SAY TO THEM: "NO FA KING WAY". Only then will they realize that just because Lackawanna is a majority of Democrats does not guarantee them an easy pass into "ELECTED" OFFICE.

The City of Lackawanna is a train wreck. Our Business District is a disgusting joke. People and businesses are LEAVING. This is a "rental" city. Homeowners are not getting support to keep out the crack heads that find our "rentals" attractive. We face a losing battle to maintain our homes and property against those that have no vested interest in this city.

Maybe the FA Kings of Lackawanna would like to buy our houses from us. Then they can just re-zone the entire city as Section 8.

Enough is enough. We have to start voting for the PERSON, NOT THE PARTY. Because when the elections are over....it will back to business as usual and we will get another "FA King". Killing our city and treating us like road kill.

RISE UP RESIDENTS AND VOTERS OF LACKAWANNA....TELL THE "FA KING" AND HIS "FA KING CRONIES" THAT WE ARE DONE WITH THEM.

ON ELECTION DAY...THEM THEM: NO FA KING WAY !!!
    Last edited by LA_Land_of_FA; January 19th, 2011 at 03:23 AM. Reason: spellling correction

GREAT post! How right you are!

Post Well Said!

You see, I do feel somewhat bad because I do not want any part of making fun of someone----I am sure we all agree on this.
    It is the Democratic "family and friends" club who has plundered, raped, lied, and stolen all the spoils for their own greedy selves. If it were not true, the fruits of their labor for the good of the City would shine all over LA. Instead....
    "Dry Bones"The Valley Of Dry Bones

(Ezekiel 37:1-3)

The prophet Ezekiel was a captive along with the rest of the nation of Israel. The nation had fallen away from God in sin and rebellion. God had withdrawn His protection and blessings. This resulted in Israel being conquered by their enemies. They were captives, and their cities lay in rubble. It seemed as if there would never again be a nation of Israel. The nation had died spiritually when they had forsaken God, and they had died physically when they were taken to serve in foreign lands. In one such land, Ezekiel was given a vision from the Lord.

Ezekiel wrote: "The hand of the Lord was upon me, and He brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of the valley; and it was full of bones. And He caused me to pass among them round about, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley; and lo, they were very dry. And He said to me, 'Son of man, can these bones live?' And I answered, 'O Lord God, Thou knowest.'" (Ezek. 37:1-3).

Then, Ezekiel gazed in amazement as flesh and muscle formed on the bones and finally life was breathed into them. God was picturing for the prophet in a very graphic was that He can also do the same thing for a dead nation. There would be a resurrection of a dead nation, and there was.

I know I turn off some people by citing scripture, BUT........ I walk by faith and not by sight, I know good will triumph over evil even though it may not look like it at times. I know without a doubt that Lackawanna is going to come into its own, soon! The Basilica did not get built here just by chance.

The People, OUR CHILDREN, and "dry bones" of Lackawanna deserve to be taken care of intelligently, prudently, and, well you all know the rest.

Just Believe! Thanks Land of Fa for speaking loud and clear about the King and his Jesters!

LA Jesters

Just Believe! Thanks Land of Fa for speaking loud and clear about the King and his Jesters

Yes Andrea...you are right. But they remind me of cockroaches. Bugs, that when you shine a light on them and their dirty deeds and try to make them accountable for their actions....they skitter away from the people who want answers.

When Election Day is here....WE NEED TO BE EXTERMINATORS!!

But we should not wait that long. We ALL need to start NOW, spreading the word. Because truth be told, there are so many citizens who are just NOT aware of what is going on. They sit in the houses and only come out on election day to vote the party line. With no true clue about the people they are giving power to in this city.

Post Agreed!

I thank God that he has opened the eyes of another.....and thank you Land of FA for responding to HIS call! Sister Anne Kline told me way back in the 80's when I worked with her at OLV Hospital that, "The rut is always more comfortable than the road". Let's see how many Citizens we can get on the road to building a brighter future for ALL, even the club members who have the money to fly south whenever they "need to get away".

Matthew 18:19 and 20 are oft-quoted verses that most of us know by heart. Verse nineteen is the favorite of Word of Faith called Christians. It reads “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.”
    I also know quite well that "Faith Without Works Is Dead", so.........I am gathering my wagons in a circle, and...

"I have only just begun to fight!", for a CLEAN City of Lackawanna--inside and out! The 20+ past years of my community activism plus 4 years of Council service has taught me volumes, my battle scars are now my credentials.
    And your eye-opener of what the club is/has done to OUR City is further validation of the path I chose when I was a little girl---fighting for rightcheness and OUR deserved dignity!

Glad to see someone else finally see the light! Hopefully somebody with out any ties to these guys will run for office. The buisnesses are leaving and the ones they do attract get lied to and screwed over. Let's see Jacobi's,the drugstore across the street and several other buisnesses have closed in the past year. M and T is the next one gone. I can't see how you attract buisnesses if you constantly screw with them. We are in an Empire Zone and other zones but yet know one wants to locate here but they go everywhere else. Do the math.
    Last edited by mnb811; January 20th, 2011 at 11:14 AM.

Lackawanna: Democracy or Dictatorship?

I'm new in town. Just curious...what is the Chamber of Commerce doing? The City Council? I drive around and see LOTS of empty businesses and store fronts with FOR SALE signs. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    I'm new in town. Just curious...what is the Chamber of Commerce doing? The City Council? I drive around and see LOTS of empty businesses and store fronts with FOR SALE signs. Why is that?

Because no one wants to do business in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    The Chamber is run by the Lackawanna Democratic Chairman Fran Warthling. They do nothing to help buisness in the city. Its more like a social club for friends and family. The empty buisnesses and for sale signs are a tribute to the piss poor leadership of Mayor Polanski and his 5 puppets on the city council. They promise buisnesses everything and when they show up they send their code enforcement goon Bremer after them. Then the buisness either closes or has to deal with the goons to stay in buisness. There are special rules for friends and family they are not held to the same standard as the rest. If you need any proof of goons at work talk to Pelicano's. That nice buisness he has going on Niagara Falls BLVD. was supposed to be on Route 5 by the hotel. The goons ran him out of town like they try to do with so many others.

Post Well Said!

Right on mnb!

Much more to their Dirty Deeds too!

Their incompetency has cost Lackawanna OUR reputation over the years---and our ability to get off of stuck on stupid because they do not have the ability to act professionally on behalf of the City/Citizens. They think they know everything and then pay $$$$$ mega money to outside attorneys, etc. to cover their a**** and bar room blunders. I mean deals, self-serving deals. The mayor cheated and scammed the Schools/City out of millions on the Windmill project alone. The king and his jesters should not even be allowed to finish their term with all the money they squander .......

In case any of you think I have sour grapes----not so. (BTW "sour grapes" comes from one of Aesop's Fables about a fox who could not reach the grapes ---so he called them sour.)
    Just like the family and friends club does when someone stands up to or better yet out-smarts them! Like I/WE did getting elected on the Republican and WF lines in 2005. I will forever be grateful to both parties and am soon to make a heart-wrenching decision on changing my party who has let me down. I know I must first stand up to the bullies in the Demo primary, Sept. 11' to run the gamut for my Council President spot. It is the way it works.

I speak from the facts--"Nothing But the Facts"!

Post Chamber Who?

The City of Lackawanna gives the Lackawanna Chamber $$$thousands$$$. The Chamber told them if the City did not bail them out they were going to close---the king and his jesters came through. My argument is that if you give to one non-profit entity------where is the money for the Boy Scouts, Community Center, etc.?

I was in the Chamber years ago, many years ago.
    I believe the neutral people in it -- on it are there for noble reasons, BUT, again...... Where are the fruits of their labors?
    Scholarships, Warming Trees, City Christmas Decorating, Food for the poor, Aide to Domestic Violance Victims, ETC.,ETC.,ETC.???!!!!!

They have a huge golfing gig in the summer---do they take/teach our underprivileged budding athletes the game? I bet we have pro-golfers just waiting to be discovered. My son is 37 and got a letter in golf in 1991 from LA, and golfs every chance he gets. I cracked up at the time because most are football and my son took golf and cooking. I love my boy so much!

Post I can't stop laughing at this!

"Where does the FA King sit? On his FA King Bar Stool."

He even had a full-blown bar by his desk for years until I told how sick it makes me to one of the groupies/wannabees who posts here regularly........ It was gone the next day! At his Xmas party ALL the family and friends parade to his chamber and present him with bottles galore! He keeps most and the ones he and the wifey don't like get donated to the Seniors for their drawings so he can further puff his chest out! Lots of Seniors are on meds---give them a Tim Horton card and they would love it!

See, if people say I didn't do anything...here's another----I got the FA King to hide his bar!
    Seriously, all of our reputations speak volumes about our past and present character--- it is what it is with them. I realize people change and always give the benefit of the doubt, BUT we have had 10 long years of the FA Kings reign...... I challenge him/them to list their accomplishments!

The FA King even has the nerve to take HIS City owned vehicle to the club meetings. Also at night to a school board candidates "cocktail party" at Lake Erie a few years ago.

I have asked for PAINTED ON City Seals on all publicly owned vehicles for years----the FA Kings Love jester refuses, because????....... he lives in Hamburg! And is on his 3rd City Chevy truck, paid for by you! Free gas too for all of them----think about this next time you fill-up!
    Last edited by andreahaxton; January 21st, 2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Wording

While driving down Martin Road the other day I saw Syzmanski, Polanski and Tom Love leaving Jeff Depasquale's house. Sounds like more of the same for Lackawanna people. Please think about who your voting for. If Szymanski is hanging with these guys nothing is ever going to change. The same family tree ( Depasquale) equals more chaos for Lackawanna. Jaworski isn't any better.That's just different family tree that will continue to do nothing for Lackawanna. I live in the 2nd Ward has anyone noticed how bad it has gotten under Syzmanski's leadership? Where has he been?

Post Agreed!

"better.That's just different family tree that will continue to do nothing for Lackawanna. I live in the 2nd Ward has anyone noticed how bad it has gotten under Syzmanski's [B]leadership? Where has he been? [/B

Enjoying married life and working for the Erie County Water Authority.

Democracy or Dictatorship

Right on MNB and Andrea. The second ward is in a shambles. If you can't take care of a ward how the hell are you going to take care of the city? Hopefully people will see through this and vote these village idiots out of office.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information