Thread: New Names in WS Politics?

Cool New Names in WS Politics?

Time and time again I read posts here on Speakup complaining about our West Seneca Town Board members and our Town elected officials, how they either get along, or just obediently follow along, or not get along at all.

Isn't it time for some new people to get involved in WS politics?

The Republicans are looking for volunteers to serve as Committee people and are looking for Candidates. Candidates for Town Supervisor, Town Council, Town Clerk, Town Justice, Highway Superintendent, and for County Legislator.

Wouldn't it be something if a few of those always complaining got more involved, and actually did something about how things are?

I certainly hope they will!

Town Republican Chair

Why would anybody want to get involved with the West Seneca Republican Party? It seems that in order to become Town Republican Chairman your only prerequisite is that you need a criminal record. The previous chairman had numerous criminal convictions and the present chairman is even worse. He swindled an elderly person out of over $40,000 when he was a lawyer. The end result was he was convicted of a crime, disbarred, put on probation and forced to make restitution. What a sham. How can you trust this guy? You just can't make this stuff up.

Look it up. It's all well documented.

Maybe the list should include Committee Chairman also.

Count, didn't you post this in 2007? Seems to be from a issue between Bove and BigGuy.

The BigGuy is right, we do need new people to run, it's the same old names, being tossed around all the time, not just West Seneca but County, City, etc. than a guy like Collins runs and wins, things can happen

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
    Time and time again I read posts here on Speakup complaining about our West Seneca Town Board members and our Town elected officials, how they either get along, or just obediently follow along, or not get along at all.

Isn't it time for some new people to get involved in WS politics?

The Republicans are looking for volunteers to serve as Committee people and are looking for Candidates. Candidates for Town Supervisor, Town Council, Town Clerk, Town Justice, Highway Superintendent, and for County Legislator.

Wouldn't it be something if a few of those always complaining got more involved, and actually did something about how things are?

I certainly hope they will!
    Would the Republicans endorse someone who is registered with the Ind. Party?
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    Would the Republicans endorse someone who is registered with the Ind. Party?
    I do not know what the WSGOP's position on this is, but personnally I would have no fundamental problems with this and it would depend more on the potential candidate's qualifications and policy positions.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    I do not know what the WSGOP's position on this is, but personnally I would have no fundamental problems with this and it would depend more on the potential candidate's qualifications and policy positions.
    I think it would also depend upon Chairman Langworthy signing a "Wilson Pakula", wouldn't it?
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by count alucard View Post
    Why would anybody want to get involved with the West Seneca Republican Party? It seems that in order to become Town Republican Chairman your only prerequisite is that you need a criminal record. The previous chairman had numerous criminal convictions and the present chairman is even worse. He swindled an elderly person out of over $40,000 when he was a lawyer. The end result was he was convicted of a crime, disbarred, put on probation and forced to make restitution. What a sham. How can you trust this guy? You just can't make this stuff up.

Wow, not what you wanted to hear, huh BigGuy?

Quote Originally Posted by count alucard View Post

If you can't beat the message attack the messenger? Nice!

A better question would be why would anyone want to be involved with status quo? That would be the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    A better question would be why would anyone want to be involved with status quo? That would be the Democrats.
    or simply put Status DEATH - death in many ways. The democratic party is the party of death. Death to innocent children, death to small business, death to economic growth, death to decency... the champion of selfishness.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Joining the WS Democrats means basically supporting the union, giving them their demands, paying the ever costly and increasing insurance for the employees, and outstanding benefits that would make the teacher's unions jealous. It's no wonder all the full and part-time employees serve as committeemen that make the endorsements.

Realistically, WF and Democrats have supported the same candidates in WS, Independence Party has usually done the same but with Sandra out, things could change.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    or simply put Status DEATH - death in many ways. The democratic party is the party of death. Death to innocent children, death to small business, death to economic growth, death to decency... the champion of selfishness.
    The Party of Death? I guess it applies.

Thread Information