Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Polling Sites

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    The sale of the property was actually made upon the recommendation of the Superintendent, motion made by Hetey, seconded by Sanders to approve the sale of Washington School for the sum of $35,000. All agreed.

Are you suggesting that parents do not have the choice to send their child to a school that they feel can better educate them? Can't blame Mr. Saleh on a parent's choice....try as you may.
    1000% They have a choice, Its America. But why would you want to sit on a board that you have no vested interst in. Isnt it a bit of conflict of interest, seeing that they compete with LHS for enrollment. And who is all?

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    I believe hes never hired a family member in all his years, slanderer.
    And most of the teachers aides are mandated by the state because of special needs kids. Show how much you know!

$10,000 in books would be nice wouldnt it!
    He didn't hire family? What about other board members family members and he voted for them same damn thing. Special needs kids really? That's why they are in classrooms with regular kids? I guess it's time for someone to FOIL how many special needs kids are actually in Lackawanna City School District so taxpayers can get an accurate accounting of aides and if the district really needs what they have.Then people can show how much you really know.

1000% They have a choice, Its America. But why would you want to sit on a board that you have no vested interst in. Isnt it a bit of conflict of interest, seeing that they compete with LHS for enrollment. And who is all?
    Your actually stating this BS. Fine everyone gets off the board except David Joyce he is the only one with a kid in the district. Are you dense? People with kids at St.Francis, Frontier or no kids have a vested interest? Oh I forgot its the jobs.......
    Last edited by mnb811; March 29th, 2011 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Your actually stating this BS. Fine everone gets off the board except David Joyce he is the only one with a kid in the district. Are you dense?
    Noone has a conflict of interest as he does, his decisions directly impact both! Does he do whats in the best interest of our kids enrolled at LHS or his kids at the charter school.

Why do we (LHS) provide buses for the kids that do not qualify for one at the charter school?

Noone has a conflict of interest as he does, his decisions directly impact both! Does he do whats in the best interest of our kids enrolled at LHS or his kids at the charter school.
    Gibberish and horse potookey!!!!! No one has bigger conflicts then people who work for the city and are on the board, have family members with jobs in the district and have friends doing contract work for the district.

Maybe he sends his kids there because he doesn't want you folks messing with them. It has been known to happen of course because its LACKAWANNA!!!! BTW This is my reasoning not his. I am sure we can find some folks who can say this happens.

Why do we (LHS) provide buses for the kids that do not qualify for one at the charter school?
    Maybe you should have your lawyer check state law on that one.

It all boils down to the parent's choice for a better education for their child....why did John sit on the board when his children weren't in the district? Miller? Hetey? Sanders? Rozwood? Bryniarski?

Only one I left out was Seitz...she had a child in the district

I guess these people had their own agendas for sitting on the board.....not that they care about the children according to you....please make a better argument.

My "vested interest" as you put it, was MY child who I decided to send to Nardin Academy.....did they start competing with Lackawanna too?? It is MY choice to NOT have my child attend Lackawanna and a wise choice it was! My choice doesn't make me NOT care about the city I live in or what goes on in the schools located here.

It's not a competition with Lackawanna and the Charter Schools.....it a choice and every citizen deserves to exercise it.

If you would get your ranking up from the bottom and actually "compete" with the charter school instead of trying to create jobs for friends and family maybe people wouldn't send their kids there?? Is that to much common sense for you?

[QUOTE=cath829;723302]It all boils down to the parent's choice for a better education for their child....why did John sit on the board when his children weren't in the district? Miller? Hetey? Sanders? Rozwood? Bryniarski?

Only one I left out was Seitz...she had a child in the district

I guess these people had their own agendas for sitting on the board.....not that they care about the children according to you....please make a better argument.

My "vested interest" as you put it, was MY child who I decided to send to Nardin Academy.....did they start competing with Lackawanna too?? It is MY choice to NOT have my child attend Lackawanna and a wise choice it was! My choice doesn't make me NOT care about the city I live in or what goes on in the schools located here.

Who asked what you do or what your interests are?,Your like a minnie Andrea, no matter what is said here or who is talked about you turn it into something about you, I dont care what you think or your opinions or what you choose to do, I asked Mr. Saleh a question, now go call him and have him come here and answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    If you would get your ranking up from the bottom and actually "compete" with the charter school instead of trying to create jobs for friends and family maybe people wouldn't send their kids there?? Is that to much common sense for you?
    We dont get to pick and choose our students like charter schools do.

Maybe if you put as much effort as you do trying to win school board elections into improving the rankings and changing things you could have it done in like a year or so. But I wouldn't bet on it. The Bills will win a Superbowl before that ever happens!

Boston formerly my ass you loser.

We dont get to pick and choose our students like charter schools do.
    Neither does any other district and guess what they are ranked higher than Lackawanna! Stop blaming the kids its the unqualified people running the show with their jobs first mentality rather than making education the priority.

Boston formerly my ass you loser.
    Loser really? Only one who loses are the kids.In case you didn't know its Speak Up WNY not Speak Up Lackawanna! You know when you resort to name calling that means you lost the battle.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information