Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do they stand for?

What do they stand for?

Direct from the Hamburg Republican website.

"While acknowledging other viewpoints, the Hamburg Republican Committee respects the sanctity of life, the traditional institution of marriage, the promotion of strong families, and the support of faith-based initiatives. These guiding principles are the cornerstone of a strong society."

...oh yeah and strip clubs and the objectification of women.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilson

"While acknowledging other viewpoints, the Hamburg Republican Committee respects the sanctity of life, the traditional institution of marriage, the promotion of strong families, and the support of faith-based initiatives. These guiding principles are the cornerstone of a strong society."

Objectification of women has been going on long before this little Hamburg situation. You can see it on every magazine, sporting event advertisement and beer commercial. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburg Resident
    Objectification of women has been going on long before this little Hamburg situation. You can see it on every magazine, sporting event advertisement and beer commercial. This is nothing new.

Oh I know its nothing new, I just don't see how the Hamburg Republican Party can come out with a statement like that and then endorse a candidate who has a PUBLIC Record of support from such an establishment. Talk about desperate. But I don't think anyone should be surprised by the contribution. I was just surprised that it was reported, I guess I gotta give him credit for that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you bring up this dead issue a while back?

posted by bwilson 7/17/07
    strange bedfellows indeed!
    PoliticsNY.Net: Hamburg Town board candidate Kevin Smardz (R) is running with Tom Best, who is a conservative, Best getting the Republican authorization to run on the line. Smardz appealing to the Church crowd thru his father. Meantime, his running mate Best received $500 from the local strip club, 24 Carat Gold. I guess its true, "politics does make for strange bedfellows." ###

With this foresight maybe you are the mastermind behind this failed mailing.

what about the people Rick Snowdam supports for polical office. He owns strip clubs and still wants to run for office.

Quote Originally Posted by PAC police
    what about the people Rick Snowdam supports for polical office. He owns strip clubs and still wants to run for office.
    No,no. That doesn't count because those are dem candidates. Get with the program. Geesh!

BW maybe we should go after Ford MOTOR CO. and the other plants for paying the men who spend the money at the club, or you for buying a ford or another car made with the steel from the plant that payes the men to buy the beer at the strip club that supports its' owner and his wife and kids who also supports a friend and by the way MANY other charities in our town and Western New York. Time to get off your high horse, step outside and look around you. LOOK AT THE REAL WORLD!

Yep. Last I checked the women weren't forced to work there. It is a choice of thier own to go into that profession. It is the women who work outside this industry that feel this industry is degrading. It is interesting how Americans can be so puritanical about sex, but other countries are very healthily open minded about it. Strange really.

Maybe...... well maybe they have a problem with naked females.... insecure with manhood an Austrian/German Doc. called it. The Doc. that smoked cigars for a reason, A SEXUAL reason. The same one that TV Doc. Ruth quotes all the time. OOOO can we mention her name here or will they get upset because of what she PREACHES! I don't recall but does anyone remember who the sponsor was for her TV show? We should stop buying their products. And vote blindly for the Dem's

The fact of the matter is women are exploited at the strip club. It is disgusting that Best took a contribution from this place. But not a surprise. The man has poor judgement. This is why he does not belong on the board. I can't wait for the rest of the crap to come out. He was warned not to run. I feel sorry for Barb and the rest of his family.

Quote Originally Posted by tellitlikeitis
    Maybe...... well maybe they have a problem with naked females.... insecure with manhood an Austrian/German Doc. called it. The Doc. that smoked cigars for a reason, A SEXUAL reason. The same one that TV Doc. Ruth quotes all the time.
    Well, sometimes a cigar is just.....well.....a cigar

That's right, now go get me some coffee sweet pants!

How can a pro-abortion Democratic party circulate pictures of its chairman receiving Catholic awards?
    “When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong." - Eugene V. Debs giving an accurate rendering Hamburg Supervisor Steven J. Walter's victorious win over the Boss of Hamburg.

Quote Originally Posted by What's Right
    The fact of the matter is women are exploited at the strip club. It is disgusting that Best took a contribution from this place. But not a surprise. The man has poor judgement. This is why he does not belong on the board. I can't wait for the rest of the crap to come out. He was warned not to run. I feel sorry for Barb and the rest of his family.
    What's Right, do you feel the same way about State Senator Bill Stachowski accepting his recent $250 donation from Ric Snowden? Is he unfit for office? If you want to remain consistent, then your moral standard must apply to ALL politicians... Not just the one you want to lose this fall.

By the way, please expound: "I can't wait for the rest of the crap to come out." Sounds like a veiled threat to me. Care to share?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information