Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 school board candidates

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    WOW! I am hearing many names out there for School Trustee---will the REAL School Board Candidate please step forward and tell US your platform........
    Tick Tock
    Who cares about a platform????? That is just plain silly!!!!!

What they say is NOT what will happen. I hope someone steps in that can influence the board to take fiscal responsibility for the mess they are in and will CUT jobs!

With salaries being the biggest part of the budget the $$$$$$$$$$ is taken away from the kids for staff salaries and benefits. This has to STOP! Put a freeze on hiring and make drastic cuts NOW!!!!

Who cares about sports if you can't read, write or qualify for higher learning?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post I guess I Will Have to Run for School Trustee too......kidding

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post

What they say is NOT what will happen. I hope someone steps in that can influence the board to take fiscal responsibility for the mess they are in and will CUT jobs!

With salaries being the biggest part of the budget the $$$$$$$$$$ is taken away from the kids for staff salaries and benefits. This has to STOP! Put a freeze on hiring and make drastic cuts NOW!!!!

Who cares about sports if you can't read, write or qualify for higher learning?

how silly-----I thought fiscal responsibility was a platform....... Why I even heard the current School Board President running on and attacking the budget/spenditures. Hmmmm......

Influence the Board?---the only one that can influence the Board beside the only sincere person gearing up for a run is a: CONTROL BOARD!

Whoa on taking a crack at sports---of course classroom academics is priority but extra-curricular activities is where we achieve life-long learning/training.

We can always look up a date we forgot but good sportsmanship is never forgotten. I guess the schools cut back sports programs the years some of the "family and friends club" would have learned it......

I DO - it is critical!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    I DO - it is critical!
    The point here is NOT that they shouldn't have a platform or express it, BUT the REALITY is everyone on the board has had one, expressed it and DID IT MATTER????????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 School Board Candidates

QUOTE: "The point here is NOT that they shouldn't have a platform or express it, BUT the REALITY is everyone on the board has had one, expressed it and DID IT MATTER????????"

When I ran for School Board, my platform was anti-bullying. You asked if having a platform and being able to express it MATTERS? I believe it does. True, voters are going to cast their vote for whomever they choose and for whatever reason motivates them. When I wrote those articles about bullying, I was directing my concerns toward bullying BY STUDENTS TOWARD OTHER STUDENTS. My platform mattered TO ME. It expressed my beliefs and my values that I stood for (and continue to STAND FOR). Sadly, during the previous campaign, the Front Page refused to publish articles written by certain candidates so the voters were not given the option to choose which candidate was best. The voters didn't even get to SEE platforms. To me, that kind of proves that expressing one's platform DOES MATTER, doesn't it? Enough to SILENCE it.

Post Facts!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by andreahaxton
    WOW! I am hearing many names out there for School Trustee---will the REAL School Board Candidate please step forward and tell US your platform........
    Tick Tock

literal:
    "Who cares about a platform????? That is just plain silly!!!!!

What they say is NOT what will happen.

I know what my platform was in 1995 when the present school Board President ran against me---do you remember HIS platform?

If you don't need a platform---why speak out at all, or even run?

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
    QUOTE: "The point here is NOT that they shouldn't have a platform or express it, BUT the REALITY is everyone on the board has had one, expressed it and DID IT MATTER????????"

When I ran for School Board, my platform was anti-bullying. You asked if having a platform and being able to express it MATTERS? I believe it does. True, voters are going to cast their vote for whomever they choose and for whatever reason motivates them. When I wrote those articles about bullying, I was directing my concerns toward bullying BY STUDENTS TOWARD OTHER STUDENTS. My platform mattered TO ME. It expressed my beliefs and my values that I stood for (and continue to STAND FOR). Sadly, during the previous campaign, the Front Page refused to publish articles written by certain candidates so the voters were not given the option to choose which candidate was best. The voters didn't even get to SEE platforms. To me, that kind of proves that expressing one's platform DOES MATTER, doesn't it? Enough to SILENCE it.

Well, given by what you just said...I would NOT have voted for you. Boards make policy - PERIOD. The staff's job is to handle behavior, discipline etc. You cannot regulate anti-bullying by simply putting something on paper and suspending a child. It goes much deeper and that is NOT the job of the BOE. Clearly you do NOT understand the ROLE of the BOE.

The BIGGEST job the BOE has as Andrea has stated, is FISCAL responsibility. Every yes vote to HIRE anyone is a board vote AGAINST being fiscally responsible. Only you can answer how many "yes" votes you gave to all hires during your three year term. That is the BOTTOM LINE for a board member. You were hired by the taxpayers to make sure their money goes to the CHILDREN!!!!!!!! Not to be concerned about anything else. Be a teacher if you want to do what your platform is.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, given by what you just said...I would NOT have voted for you. Boards make policy - PERIOD. The staff's job is to handle behavior, discipline etc. You cannot regulate anti-bullying by simply putting something on paper and suspending a child. It goes much deeper and that is NOT the job of the BOE. Clearly you do NOT understand the ROLE of the BOE.

The BIGGEST job the BOE has as Andrea has stated, is FISCAL responsibility. Every yes vote to HIRE anyone is a board vote AGAINST being fiscally responsible. Only you can answer how many "yes" votes you gave to all hires during your three year term. That is the BOTTOM LINE for a board member. You were hired by the taxpayers to make sure their money goes to the CHILDREN!!!!!!!! Not to be concerned about anything else. Be a teacher if you want to do what your platform is.....
    Literal, that is exactly what my platform was when I ran last year. The Front Page refused to print my articles and the gentleman that I supposedly was running with.....well his camp neglected speaking about me or passing my literature out when walking....that is the reason I didn't go "meet" the people within every ward. I wasn't going to bust my butt for him when his camp bypassed his partner. Simple as that!

QUOTE: "Well, given by what you just said...I would NOT have voted for you."

ANSWER: "Well, given by what I just said...SOMEBODY voted for me."

QUOTE: "Well, given by what you just said...I would NOT have voted for you."

ANSWER: "Well, given by what I just said...SOMEBODY voted for me."
    And the majority of them are sorry they did!

That's o.k. John. I still don't regret running and being elected to the Lackawanna School Board.

That's o.k. John. I still don't regret running and being elected to the Lackawanna School Board.
    So lackawana#1's first name is John? Interesting...
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

The point here is NOT that they shouldn't have a platform or express it, BUT the REALITY is everyone on the board has had one, expressed it and DID IT MATTER????????
    Nope because they were the usual connected city people. The say great things before they are elected then when the get the job they are either puppets or silent about what reallly matters. Then people bitch and cry when you call them out on it. Go figure.

Call me whoever you want, I am more than 1 but less than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Literal, that is exactly what my platform was when I ran last year. The Front Page refused to print my articles and the gentleman that I supposedly was running with.....well his camp neglected speaking about me or passing my literature out when walking....that is the reason I didn't go "meet" the people within every ward. I wasn't going to bust my butt for him when his camp bypassed his partner. Simple as that!
    Sometimes it just doesnt matter what you stand for, but its who you stand with! I cant believe a pastor would do such a thing. Accusation or fact?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information