Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Teacher's Aides

[QUOTE=youcangohome;707759]
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    " clear background check PRIOR to employment. "

Easy, all you do is pay $100.00 to the LPD for this---and bring it in. Call 822-4900 and ask for LT. Kukeleka(if I spelled wrong, sorry)---he is the man for this service.[/QUOTE

WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!! Done by FBI and it takes weeks
    "Electronic" fingerprinting takes 24-48 hours. Time to move into the 21st century!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The prints are CLEARED by FBI and NOT DONE by FBI!!! And, it is done by computer match NOT human screening of prints.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    Wrong again....certified and clear background check PRIOR to employment.
    As far as aides go I would say your wrong. This might apply to NYS but Lackawanna doesn't do it. I know that for a fact.

Post Mute Point

quote=youcangohome;707759]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andreahaxton
    " clear background check PRIOR to employment. "

Easy, all you do is pay $100.00 to the LPD for this---and bring it in. Call 822-4900 and ask for LT. Kukeleka(if I spelled wrong, sorry)---he is the man for this service.[/QUOTE

WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!! Done by FBI and it takes weeks
    Wow!---Attack my on a possible technicality. Grow-up kindergarten baby. Who cares who does them, I just know you have to pay the $100.00.

Just like prospective LA Municipal Housing/HUD residents have to pay $12.00 to get their fingerprints cleared in order to receive clearance to move in.
    An 80 yr old who I was helping years ago to move into Parkview was so distraught over the check he refused to move in.
    You must be a cop gohome. What will your back round check say about you?
    I hope they are checking for the pedophiles.

Did anyone notice that no one questioned the names for Teacher's aides being thrown around? Once again in Lackawanna remember if they ignore it,call it hate or go after a person personally it is true.

Same School More Cars

When I moved into Lackawanna in the late sixty's. The elementary school parking lot, behind me was about 25% full now it is about 98% full. The school is no bigger than it was when I first moved in to area.

The school has the same amount of classrooms so why is the parking lot full? Could the additional cars be due to the increase in the amount of the additional teachers assistants in the school?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Post True!

We also have appr. 2000 less kids now due to the Global Charter School on Ridge.

Yes, there are probably many, many more state mandated bureaucratic BS to do that some flunky in Albany thought up, but.........you are Right On with your keen insight!

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    This is too funny....

Let's see Christine Sawran (friend of Sam Masry) retired last year after doing a great job (REALLY!) of being the Administrator of the Special Ed. Department. No problem. She traveled all these years to the district from Lyndonville, NY. That alone is pretty amazing.Does she stay home? No. Sam cuts a deal with BOE and she comes back as the Director of Personnel since Sam will still be working for the district. Now does she KNOW anything about Personnel? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Camille was a long time employee of the district handling teacher call offs and finding subs for all kinds of staff absences. One day she is gone with absolutely NO PRIOR WARNING! Enter a friend of Lisa Friend who now does the job and has NO CLUE how to do it!!!

Nick Korach replaced one secretary in his office (who had been there about 12 years) and put in another one. Shirley is now in Personnel. Why? Who knows?

Can these changes be made by the BOE and the Superintendent? ABSOLUTELY! It is not what is done. The question to be asked is WHY?
    And the list goes on and on of the changes/deals being made.

This only scratches the surface. Yes, do ASK.....HOW can they possibly hire ANYONE given the state of this economy?????

Where is Joe to ask that question at a BOE meeting??????//
    Why would Korach replace a secretary with approximately 12 years of experience working in the superintendent's office you ask???
    Easy....now when he emerges from his cave...I mean office, after a nice little nappy nap....he doesn't have to stumble down a flight of stairs to go flirt with his favorite little girlfriend...oops I mean secretary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Please don't stereotype----there is good and bad everywhere. It is a combination of a lot of factors, BUT, I speak from personal experience. I know how uncaring some of the teachers are, SOME, NOT all-----one in particular did a number one one of my kids.
    And I could show you EVERY Report Card, they always commented, a pleasure to have in class". No this "teacher" is directly to blame for what happened, and I am not the kind of parent to take my kids side first and "blame" someone else.

Mine too..I have emotional problems with my kids that I know have stemmed beyond "trouble at home" and I'm trying to hang in there,despite further problems
    I had a special ed teacher Mrs,Kuitkowski (hope it's the correct spelling) throw a desk in the classroom after she got frustrated with me in a meeting where I told her I would rather home school my children then have the conflicting information I've had so far and sorry but blame shifting too.It's always an attendance problem excuse for my children when they don't do well enough regardless of how few the days might be.

Honestly I could have taught my children more in the 8 hours a day they have them and that's my opinion and I don't care who likes it.I had a teacher write a note to me complaining over my daughter being a busy body that needed to mind her own business in her planner (that was Ms,Paradise) and I told her in so many words to grow up.She was only about 7 of course she's going to tell you 10 times the phone is ringing..then there was Judith NeMoyer that was punishing kids for being unable to solve math problems by having them eat lunch in the hall..I keep getting bulldozed and my kids have a harder time when I complain.The network of friends will stop at nothing here IMO to maintain control I personally feel they care less about the kids

and I forgot,Judith NeMoyer/ supreme court judge Patrick NeMoyer?
    http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/8jd/e...emecourt.shtml

It was on her family website before she made it private,I seen a picture of her and her sons standing next to Patrick and it was honoring the late judge NeMoyer~Must be nice to have the seat warmed up for you,is all I can say

Well, it looks like Makeyenko & Co. have encountered a little speed bump on the road to getting their teacher's aides hired.
    The district business official Sam Masry, has told Makeyenko that:
    1. The district does not need additional teacher's aides
    2. The district cannot afford hiring additional teacher's aides

Masry even told Makeyenko that he will resign if the board ignores his advice and hires the aides anyway.

Good for Masry standing up for what is right, but I bet he won't be around long now. Makeyenko will go after him along with the rank and file that he already has on his to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    Well, it looks like Makeyenko & Co. have encountered a little speed bump on the road to getting their teacher's aides hired.

Masry even told Makeyenko that he will resign if the board ignores his advice and hires the aides anyway.
    Keyword here is additional. Once you remove additional,you can "replace". That is his plan. Furthermore the best thing to do is vote "NO" on his budget when it comes up. Its just a patronage pit.

Post I Wonder......and agree mnb, but....

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    Good for Masry standing up for what is right, but I bet he won't be around long now. Makeyenko will go after him along with the rank and file that he already has on his to do list.
    Sam must be onto something big if he is warning John-John about his patronage levels. They will probably get around it by getting rid of NON-" family and friends" Club members and then replace them with card-carrying wives, etc. This way they do not add to the Teacher Aide Staff numbers, they just do a dance and juggle with them.
    I feel so sad for the good, non-political staff who just want to do their job and go home. They have to tow the line or they might be the next one out the door. Shame.

I just wonder........., you see Sam is the "money man" for the LA Schools/for Makeyenko, the same as Marciniak is for the City/Polanski---so.........
    They both know where all the secrets, deals, and stashes are hidden. Both "CEO'S" need their "Money Men" to not only hide behind if someone, like myself or Joe D., dares to follow their money trail and call them out on it.

They also have no regard for taxpayers hard-earned money, and need their "money men" to cover-up their continuous, numerous, blatant budget blunders! And drunken sailor spending of money that should be put into education and City infrastructure.

Sam has been retired, never really left actually, and is back working for the school "Business Manager" or whatever they call it for appr. $94,000/yr. He is a Pro---why would he leave?

The only time I think any of "Them" will bail is when someone whistle-blows on their corruption and mismanagement of public funds and they will all run quicker than Lee did!

Post Whoa!

Buffalo NY News and Community Forums > Taxpayers forum. Local town and city politics in Western New York > Village of Lancaster and Town of Lancaster Politics
    " Lancaster BOE, are you paying attention to what’s taking place in Wisconsin?

I just found this as I was signing out, kind of funny---but, is it really?......

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post

WOW!!!!!

BRAVO MR. MASRY!:

The BOE wants to hire more aides to cushion family/friends who will be laid off based on seniority. WHEN, will they get it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information