Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teacher's Aides

One last name being thrown around:

--daughter of Dana Britton-ex Lackawanna Police Dept., ex Lackawanna Democratic Party Committeeman, she currently works for none other than Fran Warthling, Lackawanna Democratic Chair........

Oh, BTW......
    The district has not even interviewed any of the applicants at this point......let's see just how rigged the entire process really is!!!

I'm sure there were others that had applied for one of these positions after being promised a job at election time.

All they do is string 'em along..........

Post Hmmmm......

If I get "Certified", do you think they will hire me?

Well if parents did a better job raising their kids... we wouldn't need them at all!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Post Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    I think it would be interesting to "follow the money" and do some researching to see how many teacher aide positions were (are) political favors promised during campaigning?
    Just who's wives, daughters, girl friends, neices, etc. get jobs in the school district after each new race? Overstaffed? Understaffed? Buffalo and Lackawanna are both at the BOTTOM of the school rankings which tells me something...the taxpayers are paying salaries for UNQUALIFIED people who are hired to DO WHAT? Seriously?

Joe and I have "followed the money" for decades, and you are SO Right On!
    Sadly, blatant patronage for the "family and friends" soldiers have been the "norm" in OUR poor City since the Boss Hogs have leeched onto it. Envelopes have been passed for years---and to high-ups who started, well.....

The money squandered between the LA School System, Municipal Housing, AND City would get you all sick----remember I told you all to remember this next time you put 5gals in with your $20. at the pump. They are pumping for free and laughing at us all the way to the bank with their big checks! And we won't even go into their Cadillac health care benes.

Maybe the State can qualify the staff/student ratios for us?!?

Post Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Well if parents did a better job raising their kids... we wouldn't need them at all!
    Please don't stereotype----there is good and bad everywhere. It is a combination of a lot of factors, BUT, I speak from personal experience. I know how uncaring some of the teachers are, SOME, NOT all-----one in particular did a number one one of my kids.
    And I could show you EVERY Report Card, they always commented, a pleasure to have in class". No this "teacher" is directly to blame for what happened, and I am not the kind of parent to take my kids side first and "blame" someone else.

Teacher's Aides

I'm not sure what a teacher's aide does. Is it because the students need more supervision due to a discipline issue? Are the students in the classroom at so many different academic levels that one teacher is unable to teach the class as a whole? I can understand a teacher aide in an elementary class perhaps, but once a student reaches middle school or high school, why is there even a need for one? What "aide" does a teacher's aide provide?

I'm not sure what a teacher's aide does. Is it because the students need more supervision due to a discipline issue? Are the students in the classroom at so many different academic levels that one teacher is unable to teach the class as a whole? I can understand a teacher aide in an elementary class perhaps, but once a student reaches middle school or high school, why is there even a need for one? What "aide" does a teacher's aide provide?
    For the most part it's discipline, some times it's for special needs kids.

Special needs, but in the younger grades they usually are a pretty good help to teachers. I would hope some get used as a resource to get kids outside but I don't know how lackawanna works.

If I were a principal that had enough aides I would have a few designated as playground or outside aides.

As for high school level I would think they'd be used for special need students.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

but I don't know how lackawanna works. [Quote]

I do.....I doesn't work!! All the people in power care about are jobs for friends and family. They can care less about qualifications or that the people they hire are really doing what they are supposed to do. I don't think they even interview for these jobs. Where are the jobs posted so that the "outsiders" can apply???????

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    If I get "Certified", do you think they will hire me?
    You DO NOT have to be certified to be an aide in NYS. You must have a high school diploma and any year(s) of college is favored.

That's it!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    You DO NOT have to be certified to be an aide in NYS. You must have a high school diploma and any year(s) of college is favored.

That's it!!!!!
    And what do they make... $18K a year?

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    you do not have to be certified to be an aide in nys. You must have a high school diploma and any year(s) of college is favored.

That's it!!!!!
    wrong!!!!!! you've been gone too long. Stay gone

High school diploma gets you the job.....NYS certification can come after your hired. This practice started with the state in approximately 2004. They also start at about $26,000 base I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    wrong!!!!!! you've been gone too long. Stay gone
    Do aides actually get an interview? Seems like you missed that one. I wonder how you can interview for superintendent if half the school board doesn't show up for it? Wonder how many "undisclosed" bonuses our current superintendent will get? Seems to be common in these parts from what I hear.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information