Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teacher's Aides

Teacher's Aides

Looks like the Lackawanna School District is planning on hiring several more teacher's aides.
    How could they possibly justify creating more jobs while the rest of NYS is practically in financial ruins?
    In the middle of the school year no less!
    Friends and family of course....that's how!
    Gotta get these new hires in before the board could possibly change this May!
    And just who are these jobs going to?
    A few names being thrown around:

---daughter of Tom Burke-Lackawanna Munincipal Housing Authority

--Elizabeth Krakowski-friend of Kevin Rozwood(board member)

--wife of David Joyce-Lackawanna Police Dept.(is even dictating that she wants to work in pre-K)

--wife of Robert Daley-best friend of John Makeyenko(board member)

--??????

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That seems a little fishy on it.

10,000 State Workers being laid off/terminated by Cuomo but yet this district is still creating b.s. jobs. Gee no wonder why they only want one polling place in the city! So they can manipulate the system by getting less voters to the polls so they can pass their budget and get their people on the board so they can continue to do this b.s.

FYI:I thought the poll consolidation was to save money because of budget constraints. In reality it doesn't save more than a couple hundred bucks. This is just another b.s. lie by Makeyenko and Cronies. I guess they never heard of saving money by a hiring freeze or through attrition.

Post He is NOT School Board Pres. to do this to stack the deck in their Favor!

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    10,000 State Workers being laid off/terminated by Cuomo but yet this district is still creating b.s. jobs. Gee no wonder why they only want one polling place in the city! So they can manipulate the system by getting less voters to the polls so they can pass their budget and get their people on the board so they can continue to do this b.s.

FYI:I thought the poll consolidation was to save money because of budget constraints. In reality it doesn't save more than a couple hundred bucks. This is just another b.s. lie by Makeyenko and Cronies. I guess they never heard of saving money by a hiring freeze or through attrition.

I feel so sorry for OUR Children and the staff outed who are not club members.

There is SO much more to this....but now it is making a little more sense to me. Fishy Rez? You ain't kidding! They are SO underhanded and I REALLY want to know what they have on Nick Korach other than the pay raise he was promised after his first year??? More to this story than just these prospects for hire that's for damn sure!!!

This is too funny....

Let's see Christine Sawran (friend of Sam Masry) retired last year after doing a great job (REALLY!) of being the Administrator of the Special Ed. Department. No problem. She traveled all these years to the district from Lyndonville, NY. That alone is pretty amazing.Does she stay home? No. Sam cuts a deal with BOE and she comes back as the Director of Personnel since Sam will still be working for the district. Now does she KNOW anything about Personnel? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Camille was a long time employee of the district handling teacher call offs and finding subs for all kinds of staff absences. One day she is gone with absolutely NO PRIOR WARNING! Enter a friend of Lisa Friend who now does the job and has NO CLUE how to do it!!!

Nick Korach replaced one secretary in his office (who had been there about 12 years) and put in another one. Shirley is now in Personnel. Why? Who knows?

Can these changes be made by the BOE and the Superintendent? ABSOLUTELY! It is not what is done. The question to be asked is WHY?
    And the list goes on and on of the changes/deals being made.

This only scratches the surface. Yes, do ASK.....HOW can they possibly hire ANYONE given the state of this economy?????

Where is Joe to ask that question at a BOE meeting??????//
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher's Aides

All I know is that when I was on the School Board we were tripping over teacher aides! Now we need even more????

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    This is too funny....

Let's see Christine Sawran (friend of Sam Masry) retired last year after doing a great job (REALLY!) of being the Administrator of the Special Ed. Department. No problem. She traveled all these years to the district from Lyndonville, NY. That alone is pretty amazing.Does she stay home? No. Sam cuts a deal with BOE and she comes back as the Director of Personnel since Sam will still be working for the district. Now does she KNOW anything about Personnel? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Camille was a long time employee of the district handling teacher call offs and finding subs for all kinds of staff absences. One day she is gone with absolutely NO PRIOR WARNING! Enter a friend of Lisa Friend who now does the job and has NO CLUE how to do it!!!

Nick Korach replaced one secretary in his office (who had been there about 12 years) and put in another one. Shirley is now in Personnel. Why? Who knows?

Can these changes be made by the BOE and the Superintendent? ABSOLUTELY! It is not what is done. The question to be asked is WHY?
    And the list goes on and on of the changes/deals being made.

This only scratches the surface. Yes, do ASK.....HOW can they possibly hire ANYONE given the state of this economy?????

Where is Joe to ask that question at a BOE meeting??????//
    Joe has just about had it with all of these guys city,school and housing.
    Why? You ask, because John probably has somebody else to fill the spot. Can't stay in power long by defaulting on all your promises to your cronies. If he has to take out a few good people,make up bs about them and ruin their reputation and careers in the process so his people can get jobs so be it. Forget about the best interest of the kids coming first. Forget about destroying people's lives with false accusations and the like. In Lackawanna its all about the J-O-B-S and the taxpayer and their kids get the shaft! When are the people higher up going to do something about this tool?
    Last edited by mnb811; January 22nd, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
    All I know is that when I was on the School Board we were tripping over teacher aides! Now we need even more????
    That has ALWAYS been the case. So if they want to hire...then they are protecting someone who is on the bottom (like wife of Miller and more) so that when there are cuts, they will not be the one.

It is a common strategy.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know of teachers in the district who even say that they have so many aides that they can't find anything for them to do. I guess this is a new version of the old time "No show job" seeing how almost all of them are friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    There is SO much more to this....but now it is making a little more sense to me. Fishy Rez? You ain't kidding! They are SO underhanded and I REALLY want to know what they have on Nick Korach other than the pay raise he was promised after his first year??? More to this story than just these prospects for hire that's for damn sure!!!
    Maybe, just maybe.....Makeyenko has some pix of Korach and a certain substitute teacher from Canada?!
    You remember her Nick, eh?

How about Lackawanna send some teachers aides to Buffalo?

How much are aides paid in Lackawanna?
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    I know of teachers in the district who even say that they have so many aides that they can't find anything for them to do. I guess this is a new version of the old time "No show job" seeing how almost all of them are friends and family.
    I'm in the wrong district. Buffalo has over stuffed understaffed classrooms and you people are complaining about too much staff in the classrooms.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Teacher's Aides

I think it would be interesting to "follow the money" and do some researching to see how many teacher aide positions were (are) political favors promised during campaigning? Just who's wives, daughters, girl friends, neices, etc. get jobs in the school district after each new race? Overstaffed? Understaffed? Buffalo and Lackawanna are both at the BOTTOM of the school rankings which tells me something...the taxpayers are paying salaries for UNQUALIFIED people who are hired to DO WHAT? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Caz5 View Post
    I think it would be interesting to "follow the money" and do some researching to see how many teacher aide positions were (are) political favors promised during campaigning? Just who's wives, daughters, girl friends, neices, etc. get jobs in the school district after each new race? Overstaffed? Understaffed? Buffalo and Lackawanna are both at the BOTTOM of the school rankings which tells me something...the taxpayers are paying salaries for UNQUALIFIED people who are hired to DO WHAT? Seriously?
    Oh, that's easy. The answer is ALL of them plus the lunch monitors/food staff and maintenance people. Those hires do NOT go through the Superintendent. The BOE appoints whoever they want! These people are NOT cetificated staff so the BOE can have control in this area......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information