Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie Markel to run for the EC Legislature?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
    Running for what?
    The Legislature

The dog catcher guy?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    The dog catcher guy?
    I don't think he is a dog catcher, I think he's a Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by rumor4wny View Post
    I don't think he is a dog catcher, I think he's a Sheriff
    Thanks. I thought the guy that became the new Dem Chairman was a former dog catcher (and I'm not judging, it was just the easiest way for me to find out if I was thinking of the same guy) and/or had some nefarious connection to Paul Clark.

BigGuy, it seems odd that Markel would want to run for the ECL. Here's why. Altho Lenihan would love to have a good candidate run against Bove, Markel doesn't seem to be the guy. He helped Kennedy beat Stachowski, and Bove is a Kennedy ally, so therrefore why would he run against the Kennedy ally?
    Maybe Markel is getting cold feet about running for Council again. Frank Max has one or two people in mind to run against him.

With respect to the other posting, Macparlane has no support in Cheektowaga, and he was always looking to Max for help in dealing with his committee. What would he run for anyways? Leg?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Frank Max has one or two people in mind to run against him.
    We don't want this.

Then vote for Markel. I thought competition was good....
    Fully stimulated...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    We don't want this.
    I'm not sure how many people actually know that we have this. If they did, they wouldn't want it either.

Cool

I don't think that Markel helped Kennedy beat Stachowski.

I don't think Charlie Markel is in any way "afraid" of Frank Max "running someone against him". Markel ran in 2007 without the endorsement of Frank or the Dems, but he won the Primary.

I think he needs to decide which office to run for. He could run for re-election, run for Supervisor, or run for the County Legislature.

Everyone knows that the County Dems are looking for someone to Primary Tina Bove after the Chair vote last week.

Is Charlie Markel the candidate? He lives in Cheektowaga and is a Councilman there, but runs a business in West Seneca and is very active in that community as well. He and his wife have run CPR courses through their Foundation all over the County without asking for any fees. They have trained thousands.

Is he the candidate? In time we will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
    I don't think that Markel helped Kennedy beat Stachowski.

I don't think Charlie Markel is in any way "afraid" of Frank Max "running someone against him". Markel ran in 2007 without the endorsement of Frank or the Dems, but he won the Primary.

I think he needs to decide which office to run for. He could run for re-election, run for Supervisor, or run for the County Legislature.

Everyone knows that the County Dems are looking for someone to Primary Tina Bove after the Chair vote last week.

Is Charlie Markel the candidate? He lives in Cheektowaga and is a Councilman there, but runs a business in West Seneca and is very active in that community as well. He and his wife have run CPR courses through their Foundation all over the County without asking for any fees. They have trained thousands.

Is he the candidate? In time we will find out.
    Charlie Markel is a great candidate for whichever position he runs for. He has proven himself as a candidate for the people. He has proven himself by actually implementing programs that save the taxpayer money in Cheektowaga as a board member. One such program is in razing empty and broken down homes in the Town. His ideas cut the cost of razing these eyesores for the town.

He is always willing to help the people of the town and I have witnessed him giving his personal phone number so citizens can call him personally in order to take on the responsibility of solving their problems. He cares about the town and the people.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

The last time I talked to Charlie he seemed to be putting a lot of time into his business. Does he really want to move up the political ladder where it may take more of his time?
    Fully stimulated...

Cool Markel candidacy

I see that Charlie Markel has a Fundraiser scheduled for March 31st at the Nickel Creek, in West Seneca. It's on the EC Dems website.

I wonder if this is for his re-election bid for Councilman, or the start of his EC Legislature run?

I dunno, we'll find out soon enough

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information