Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ringing the Bell

Ringing the Bell

I always put a few dollar bills, sometimes a five, in the bucket. By the time Christmas is over i probably end up giving about $100 to the bell ringers.

I just hope it goes to the economically needy and not to proliferation of the Salvation Army's religious beliefs:

The Salvation Army deplores society's ready acceptance of abortion, which reflects insufficient concern for vulnerable persons, including the unborn. (Psalms 82:3-4) When an unwanted pregnancy occurs, The Salvation Army advises that the situation be accepted and that the pregnancy be carried to term, and offers supportive help and assistance with planning.

Scripture forbids sexual intimacy between members of the same sex. The Salvation Army believes, therefore, that Christians whose sexual orientation is primarily or exclusively same-sex are called upon to embrace celibacy as a way of life.

The Salvation Army affirms the New Testament standard of marriage, which is the loving union for life of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I always put a few dollar bills, sometimes a five, in the bucket. By the time Christmas is over i probably end up giving about $100 to the bell ringers.

I just hope it goes to the economically needy and not to proliferation of the Salvation Army's religious beliefs:

The Salvation Army deplores society's ready acceptance of abortion, which reflects insufficient concern for vulnerable persons, including the unborn. (Psalms 82:3-4) When an unwanted pregnancy occurs, The Salvation Army advises that the situation be accepted and that the pregnancy be carried to term, and offers supportive help and assistance with planning.

Scripture forbids sexual intimacy between members of the same sex. The Salvation Army believes, therefore, that Christians whose sexual orientation is primarily or exclusively same-sex are called upon to embrace celibacy as a way of life.

The Salvation Army affirms the New Testament standard of marriage, which is the loving union for life of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others.
    You are a liar and a troll. Why not donate that alleged money to euthanise the dogs that you hate and fear so much? You'd be helping mankind, afterall.

Kinda pathetic to post the amount of your charitable contributions on a forum.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Yes, attack the messenger instead of addressing the message.

Were you upset that the SA was exposed for what it is?

Wait until I expose the AA. That'll probably hit home for you.

If they bother you that much, why do you give your money to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Effigy View Post
    You are a liar and a troll. Why not donate that alleged money to euthanise the dogs that you hate and fear so much? You'd be helping mankind, afterall.
    The ASPCA opposes hunting and then kills 3 million dogs in the United States every year. That's like the Catholic church opposing child abuse.

I'm a responsible dog owner. My dog won't die because of my irresponsibility, unlike the irresponsible and ignorant dog owners who think their dog "wants to run free"

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    If they bother you that much, why do you give your money to them?
    1. The guy playing the tuba was entertaining. i felt compelled to pay for the entertainment.

2. I needed an excuse to ask the cute woman out on a date. Turned out she wasn't all that familiar with those SA positions.

I usually don't donate to those people. But last year I was walking out fo a store and the guy playing the horn switched at that moment from playing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" to playing the Imperial March from Star Wars.

I gave him a ten.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

I always put a few dollar bills, sometimes a five, in the bucket. By the time Christmas is over i probably end up giving about $100 to the bell ringers..
    I got that far, and then realized what a lying bull****ter you are.

On the small chance that you're NOT a lying bull****ter, and, that this is really true, then you're just an ass-hole for telling us how much you give to charity.

Lying bull****ter - or ass-hole? Which are you?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    I got that far, and then realized what a lying bull****ter you are.

On the small chance that you're NOT a lying bull****ter, and, that this is really true, then you're just an ass-hole for telling us how much you give to charity.

Lying bull****ter - or ass-hole? Which are you?
    Just to add to your argument, first it was a "bell ringer", then a "guy playing a tuba", then a "cute woman".

In a 9 post thread the story has changed quite a bit, hasn't it?

This idiot should join Kern in Minneapolis.

I'm a responsible dog owner. My dog won't die because of my irresponsibility, unlike the irresponsible and ignorant dog owners who think their dog "wants to run free"
    I doubt if you have the courage to own a hamster let alone a dog or a cat.
    Oh sure, you have a gun and will get a kill shot from 50 yards.

Your phony internet persona is starting to fray.

Go back to debating Dougles.
    Last edited by Effigy; December 9th, 2010 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Effigy View Post
    Just to add to your argument, first it was a "bell ringer", then a "guy playing a tuba", then a "cute woman".

In a 9 post thread the story has changed quite a bit, hasn't it?

This idiot should join Kern in Minneapolis.
    1. Do you realize it's not always just one person manning those buckets? I've seen as many as 10 carolers and bell ringers in one location.

2. Do you also realize that one can easily run across a half dozen of those buckets in one night out?

3. Do you realize that you make about as much sense as a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    I usually don't donate to those people.
    What are we in the 50's?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    One thing I don't care for is when the cashier asks if you would like to make a donation to this or that. You would think they would realize some people shop more than once a week. They sort of put you on the spot.

Can't the same be said for govt? We have money taken and given to things we don't believe in, whether it be wars, welfare or "the rich".
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information