Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo: This Place Matters

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Buffalo: This Place Matters

So who has seen this?

They focus too much on allentown and the elmwood village what about all the other unique neighborhoods. I mean with in the city there are so many communities and they all have their strong points.

Even living here my whole life, until recently I thought the east side was just one big run down area but after talking to Michelle on here I found out differently. A friend recently moved to the North East side and I can see it really has a strong community.

The West side has it's own personality from neighborhood to neighborhood on the west side.

The North and South sides both too have a unique atmosphere you won't find anywhere else. I both love and hate living in the dirty south!
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

It reminds me why it will be a truly sad day if this state would force me to move elsewhere. I hope and pray that this state can be redeemed.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    . I hope and pray that this state can be redeemed.
    I hope your God is strong enough for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    I hope your God is strong enough for that one.
    Oh, he surely is strong enough!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

I agree with DF. It is very nicely done, and does reflect nicely on the areas it does show, but there is a lot of areas left out

Quote Originally Posted by hyz View Post
    I agree with DF. It is very nicely done, and does reflect nicely on the areas it does show, but there is a lot of areas left out
    Yea, lots left out.....like SNOW......
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

The video was focused on out-of-town visitors coming to buffalo in October 2011 for the National Preservation Conference.

It wasn't meant to be an A to Z list of every nice place in WNY... just an overview for potential visitors staying here for a few days next fall.

I think they did a pretty good job.

Nicely done vid. Good to see not everyone hates our area as much as the majority of members of this forum do. The comments from our areas expats is a great thing to see.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Nicely done vid. Good to see not everyone hates our area as much as the majority of members of this forum do. The comments from our areas expats is a great thing to see.
    When I was reading this yesterday, I was going to comment on the fact that this is an awesome video, showing Buffalo in a great light - and, the only comments on here were negative.

I even had the post typed out, and then I realized I was being negative, myself, by saying that!

Anyway, one thing that comes to mind when watching this video --- the Statler. It's hard to watch this video, and then say "If public money has to be used for the Statler, then it should just be torn down."

Quote Originally Posted by hyz View Post
    I agree, nicely done~~however they should have touched on the Bio Informatics corridor, phases of the museums and the lakes and beaches. They spent too much time on going over the city culture. Buffalo is about the water, the research mecca, and the arts and sciences.

If you are going to do a video to reach out to other states, they should focus on the desires of young adults, entertainment, colleges, the cultures, research facilities and the water/beaches.

But nicely done.

Again, it's focus was the Preservation Conference coming next year. If someone wants to create a film that gives everything about Buffalo a wide screen, then do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post
    Again, it's focus was the Preservation Conference coming next year. If someone wants to create a film that gives everything about Buffalo a wide screen, then do one.
    All rightie then....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information