Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire company contracts

Fire company contracts

I was wondering where the town board got their figures for what the fire companies are reqesting for their contracts. I happen to know that the fire companies are waiting for the town to make an offer to THEM first, then make negotiations from there. The numbers on the town website are a flat out lie, unless the town made up their own figure taking the info the companies gave them that the town requested out of context. The town requested that the companies give them a detailed list of needs, purchases, and basically how much they plan on spending for the next year and a five year outlook. What the town didnt understand is that some of the costs are covered by grants, fundraising, or financing large purcheses through banks. The companies never have expected the town to fully finance them to every penny.

Ask anyone involved with the negotiating process. The companies have not given a number to the board yet !!! More lies to try and make the companies look like the bad guys.

www.townofboston.com/PDF/fire_req.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by slitter View Post
    I was wondering where the town board got their figures for what the fire companies are reqesting for their contracts. I happen to know that the fire companies are waiting for the town to make an offer to THEM first, then make negotiations from there. The numbers on the town website are a flat out lie, unless the town made up their own figure taking the info the companies gave them that the town requested out of context. The town requested that the companies give them a detailed list of needs, purchases, and basically how much they plan on spending for the next year and a five year outlook. What the town didnt understand is that some of the costs are covered by grants, fundraising, or financing large purcheses through banks. The companies never have expected the town to fully finance them to every penny.

Ask anyone involved with the negotiating process. The companies have not given a number to the board yet !!! More lies to try and make the companies look like the bad guys.

www.townofboston.com/PDF/fire_req.pdf

Figures don't lie. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them wrong.

But what concerns me is why didn't the lawyer from the fire companies tell his clients to take a number to the town board that would benefit both the fire companies and the taxpayers in these trying times?
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Supervisor Martin Ballowe’s posting is dishonest

The Town Board has not asked the fire companies for a requested dollar amount.

The board did ask for a detailed projection of the 2011 expenditures, this what the fire companies provided. This list of expenditures is a total budget that including monies to be spent from fundraising, grants, and savings.

It is no secret that the fire companies are and have been under funded that’s why the firefighters are constantly forced to hold fundraisers.

This administration ran on platform of being open and honest, Mr. Ballowe do you consider this open and honest? Attempting to tarnish the reputation of the hard working volunteer men and women who dedicate time away from their families to risk their lives to protect your family?

Lies, lies, and more lies that’s what this town board has shown us so far. Mr. Ballowe are you proud of what you have done? Can you look your son in the face and say this is in his best interest?

Mr. Ballowe I challenge you if you are half the man you campaigned to be place a retraction on the town’s website apologizing for your mistake. The town’s firefighters are good men and women who dedicate their spare time to make this community safe. Please show some respect for the efforts they so selflessly put forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Disapointed Citizen View Post
    Supervisor Martin Ballowe’s posting is dishonest

The board did ask for a detailed projection of the 2011 expenditures, this what the fire companies provided. This list of expenditures is a total budget that including monies to be spent from fundraising, grants, and savings.

It is no secret that the fire companies are and have been under funded that’s why the firefighters are constantly forced to hold fundraisers.

This administration ran on platform of being open and honest, Mr. Ballowe do you consider this open and honest? Attempting to tarnish the reputation of the hard working volunteer men and women who dedicate time away from their families to risk their lives to protect your family?

Lies, lies, and more lies that’s what this town board has shown us so far. Mr. Ballowe are you proud of what you have done? Can you look your son in the face and say this is in his best interest?

Mr. Ballowe I challenge you if you are half the man you campaigned to be place a retraction on the town’s website apologizing for your mistake. The town’s firefighters are good men and women who dedicate their spare time to make this community safe. Please show some respect for the efforts they so selflessly put forth.

Uh-oh..................looks like another political flyer.

Be honest, you didn't write this. Stop insulting everyones collective intelligence.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you are one of Hawkins' minions who still can't believe he lost the last election with four lines. Can you imagine that, losing an election with four lines???????????? I can understand why he is still bitter, but hey, the taxpayers saw what was going on, and it's going to take this responsible and hard-working town board some time to correct the mis-management of our town that he was part of.

But that's just my opinion.
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

To include his son in your little but amusing diatribe, is cold and heart-less at best.

You see, douche-bags like yourself shouldn't be allowed to post crap like that.

I think you owe Supervisor Ballowe an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers77 View Post
    Uh-oh..................looks like another political flyer.

Be honest, you didn't write this. Stop insulting everyones collective intelligence.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you are one of Hawkins' minions who still can't believe he lost the last election with four lines. Can you imagine that, losing an election with four lines???????????? I can understand why he is still bitter, but hey, the taxpayers saw what was going on, and it's going to take this responsible and hard-working town board some time to correct the mis-management of our town that he was part of.

But that's just my opinion.
    Wow way to try and get off topic, first of all the concern of this post is not who am I, second of all Yet again sneakers77 is wrong. The only contact I have ever had with Mr. Hawkins has been at public events.

Why don’t you address the question at hand why is the town board posting un-factual documents? Why not start negotiations? The board has yet to give the fire companies a proposal or ask for one.

I know for a young buck like you it’s hard to concentrate and stay on topic but pop a Ritalin and try.

Wow name calling are you going to be five or six this year? Did you stomp your feet and flail your arms when you wrote that?

Why don’t you address the question at hand why is the town board posting un-factual documents?
    So you don't dispute the fact you did not write the posting? I figured you wouldn't.

OK, what's un-factual about the document?

The figures should be correct coming right from the town hall. The taxes should be correct also.

Please point it out.

So you don't dispute the fact you did not write the posting? I figured you wouldn't.

The figures should be correct coming right from the town hall. The taxes should be correct also.

Please point it out.
    Wow you are sloooow! Yes I wrote it myself, I am not quite wealthy enough to put on a staff of writers to amuse and educate you. But thanks for the compliment I wish I could afford to add writers to my staff!

Read the original post that started this oh so un-inspiring conversation with you. Ok I know reading comprehension does not come easy for you so I will quote my own post to point out the how the documents are un-factual.

The board did ask for a detailed projection of the 2011 expenditures, this what the fire companies provided. This list of expenditures is a total budget that includes monies to be spent from fundraising, grants, and savings.

Wow you are sloooow! Yes I wrote it myself, I am not quite wealthy enough to put on a staff of writers to amuse and educate you. But thanks for the compliment I wish I could afford to add writers to my staff!

Read the original post that started this oh so un-inspiring conversation with you. Ok I know reading comprehension does not come easy for you so I will quote my own post to point out the how the documents are un-factual.

The board did ask for a detailed projection of the 2011 expenditures, this what the fire companies provided. This list of expenditures is a total budget that includes monies to be spent from fundraising, grants, and savings.

Not to get off topic, but you need to go pet your cat and catch a movie.

You are beginning to bore me.

Please point it out.
    Wow on that note I do agree with you. The figures SHOULD be right coming from the town board, yet they are not. Ask your friendly town supervisor to name the person or persons that gave them those requested numbers. He will not be able to because NOBODY from the fire companies gave a figure yet. Yes i know this first hand and this right here is the reason they dont trust the board and hired a lawyer. The specific firefighters involved with the negotiations even said "where the hell did they get those figures, we were waiting to hear what they offered before even mentioning dollar amounts". You can believe what you read all you want but FACT is the fire companies never gave those figures as a request for funding. Ask Marty to tell you who from each company gave the figures HE CANT !!!

Another post i read here is dead on, they probably got those figures from the budget and expenditures that the town requested from the companies. They do not however realize grants, fundraising and bank loans pay for some large expeditures. All the town asked for was what they anticipated spending in the next year. NOT what they wanted the town to pay them !!!!!!

But what concerns me is why didn't the lawyer from the fire companies tell his clients to take a number to the town board that would benefit both the fire companies and the taxpayers in these trying times?
    Funny thing here, you can replace FIRE COMPANIES with TOWN BOARD and turn the tables. Since the companies provided ALL the budgets and information to the town board weeks ago, shouldnt the town have looked it all over and offered the FIRE COMPANIES a number that would benefit both the fire companies and the taxpayers. Boy you do still live by a double standard.

And the lawyer comment doesnt even apply because his clients DIDNT TAKE A NUMBER TO THE TOWN !( yes, caps lock stuck )

I also noticed on the town website proposed budget that fire protection was lowered by $30,000 yet the recently elected councilmans pay cuts they took when they started, conveniently dissapeared. That didnt last long, guess saving the taxpayers money is only important for the first year of your office.

As sneakers stated before, these are trying times, then why did 2 board members, town clerk, 2 town justices, and highway superintendant get raises in the proposed budget. Like you said we should all sacrifice in these trying times, i can use your double standard way of looking at things too !

I also noticed on the town website proposed budget that fire protection was lowered by $30,000 yet the recently elected councilmans pay cuts they took when they started, conveniently dissapeared. That didnt last long, guess saving the taxpayers money is only important for the first year of your office.

As sneakers stated before, these are trying times, then why did 2 board members, town clerk, 2 town justices, and highway superintendant get raises in the proposed budget. Like you said we should all sacrifice in these trying times, i can use your double standard way of looking at things too !
    The increases the councilman took will be donated back to the community.

I guess you are against elected officials giving back part of their hard-earned salary to groups that need it in town.

Scrooge.

Another post i read here is dead on, they probably got those figures from the budget and expenditures that the town requested from the companies.
    So why didn't the lawyer come into the negotiations with a number instead of leaving the town board in the dark?

Something doesn't smell right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information