Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol Permit Course

Quote Originally Posted by FTWNY View Post
    Florida CCW
    Utah CFP/CCW

As stated in previous posts, you must keep up with all states laws when traveling with your pistol and your multi state permits. The laws change often so it is best to check the laws just before you plan a trip to another state. Be sure to take note that some states offer permits from other states but only if you live in that state. For example, Florida recognizes a Utah state permit but only if you are a resident of the state of Utah. This is why people who wish to travel to Florida with their pistol will obtain a Utah and Florida non-resident permit. More information on these permits as well as classes to obtain these permits can be found on our site at...www.ftwny.com
    or e-mail us at info@ftwny.com
    Title 18 U.S.C Section 922(q) is a federal law, applicable in all sates.

gun free zone

This was taken from the group 'Gun Owners Of America'
    According to the law, as long as you have a permit from a state that does a background check in order to own a firearm (such as New York, Utah and Florida) you will be exempt from this law as long as you obey all other state and federal laws.

THE "GUN OWNER REGISTRATION EXEMPTION:" The "gun free zones" law exempts CCW (Carry Concealed Weapon) holders who live in a state that requires a background check before the issuing of a permit. (This means that CCW holders that live in states like Alabama are not exempted under this provision because background checks are not mandated by state law.) What this so-called exemption does is force a citizen to register with the authorities as a gun owner before he can carry a loaded self-defense weapon in his or her car.

While many gun owners have made the choice to register themselves in order to carry concealed, many have decided to keep their names off of any government list. (In fact, the recent abuses in states like Virginia and Pennsylvania -- where newspapers are printing the names of CCW holders -- show how easily this registration information can be abused.) Before this "gun free zones" law, motorists in many states could legally transport a loaded firearm for self-defense, without getting a CCW permit.

For example, Vermont allows any citizen to carry a concealed firearm without a permit. (Vermont law only prohibits the carrying of a concealed firearm with the purpose of committing a crime.) Thus, citizens in Vermont can carry legally without jumping through any government-ordained "hoops" -- there is no registration, license fees or taxes. But now under the federal gun free zones provision, law-abiding motorists from Vermont and other states will have to beware. Those who could previously transport a loaded firearm will be stripped of their right to carry a self-defense firearm within 1,000 feet of a school (unless they qualify under another exemption). Most states will also allow you to carry legally through a school zone as long as the firearm is unloaded and in some cases locked in a a lock box. Many states consider unloaded as a firearm that needs two or more steps before firing. So a firearm that has the safety on with no round in the chamber is considered unloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by FTWNY View Post
    This was taken from the group 'Gun Owners Of America'
    According to the law, as long as you have a permit from a state that does a background check in order to own a firearm (such as New York, Utah and Florida) you will be exempt from this law as long as you obey all other state and federal laws.
    Read this letter and then let me know what you think. It states that a naked reciprocity right would not qualify for the exception.

ATF Letter re Gun Free School Zone Act ("GFSZA")

school zone

That is almost a word for word exact copy of the letter I received when I submitted the same question to the BATFE. When I asked the Utah BCI about this issue during training they stated that as long as use common sense that you should not run into any problems while traveling through reciprocity states. They informed us that to date none of the Utah non-resident CCW permit holders have run into any legal issues with this law as of yet. They had a lawyer there who specialized in firearm laws at this training and he said that this law was to primarily target guns being brought into schools. People have been charged under this law who have brought or owned guns within 1000 feet of a school but it has been rare.

Great reference with that letter as this issue has been overlooked by many people in the training field. When I asked that question in room full of about 50 trainees only about ten of us even knew of this issue. Let me know if you have any more great references that I can share.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    FTWNY

So what do you know about weaponry?

?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    FTWNY

So what do you know about weaponry?
    Could you be more specific please?

Thanks!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Ok.. i'll go slower...

So what do you know about weeeaaapppponnnnry.....

Are you all pistols? Do you play with rifles? Hand load or factory? Why should we take you word that you know what your talking about ... How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Ok.. i'll go slower...

So what do you know about weeeaaapppponnnnry.....

Are you all pistols? Do you play with rifles? Hand load or factory? Why should we take you word that you know what your talking about ... How's that?
    Well, the fact that he is a certified instructor for New York, Utah, and Florida might be a hint that he has some knowledge of firearms.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Could be book smart ...and sells courses for pistol permits.

Firearms Training Of Western New York

Certified NRA Instructor
    Certified NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
    Certified NRA First Steps Pistol Instructor
    Certified Utah and Florida CFP/CCW instructor

Being book smart does help, but you need to provide proof of experience before training for any of these certifications.

I have always been into rifle shooting since I was a kid and owned my first rifle. I then moved into trap and skeet and then found out I enjoyed pistol shooting about 17 years ago. When I took the NRA Basic Pistol course for my pistol permit I realized that teaching was something that I really wanted to do.

On Target Tactics, LLC

Train with Professionals
    Certified N.Y.S., F.B.I., N.R.A. Instructors

"PISTOL PERMIT COURSE"

Saturday, January 8th, 9am to 1pm, $55
    Apples Deli Conference Room
    AppleTree Business Park
    Union Rd., Cheektowaga, NY

Pre-Registation Only
    Seating Limited

PM for Registration & Further Info
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired View Post
    On Target Tactics, LLC

Train with Professionals
    Certified N.Y.S., F.B.I., N.R.A. Instructors

"PISTOL PERMIT COURSE"

Saturday, January 8th, 9am to 1pm, $55
    Apples Deli Conference Room
    AppleTree Business Park
    Union Rd., Cheektowaga, NY

Pre-Registation Only
    Seating Limited

PM for Registration & Further Info
    Thanks for the info - My son might take your class as he will be home from school then.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Thanks for the info - My son might take your class as he will be home from school then.
    Excellent, would be glad to have him.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Bottom line - for me

Education - safe training.

We all who own firearms and believe its our right should encourage and promote training and education.

The anti gunners are swamping us because we shy away and allow them to spread unrealistic information.

Encourage everyone you know to participate in and carry proof of training when ever they use or own a firearm.

Just my opinion.

Merry Christmas to all!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information